Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is such a misrepresentation of what actually occurs. Like all clubs the kid gets a letter telling them what team they made. They have a set amount of time to accept or decline. Roster spot is held while that decision is being made. There is NO such bait and switch like this poster suggests. Don't care what club your at, its the same across the board.

Any suggestion that you're locked into $4,000 prior to knowing if your on ECNL 1 or 2 is absurd. And that goes for GAL, Town travel A and B teams, EDP, NPL, etc. Its the same protocol across the board.
    The coach tells the kid which team they belong on well before the next season; it just requires you to reach out. The kid; not the parent. There is no bait and switch. If you are worried about your spot, you ask. They make it VERY obvious where your kid is on the depth chart. If you bury your head in the sand and pretend like what is obvious isn’t, then you get what you deserve. Nothing is a surprise. If you’re surprised; then you weren’t paying attention.

Comment

It’s not 4000
      Yes it’s pretty close to $4000

Comment

The coach tells the kid which team they belong on well before the next season; it just requires you to reach out. The kid; not the parent. There is no bait and switch. If you are worried about your spot, you ask. They make it VERY obvious where your kid is on the depth chart. If you bury your head in the sand and pretend like what is obvious isn’t, then you get what you deserve. Nothing is a surprise. If you’re surprised; then you weren’t paying attention.
        I don’t agree with this post. There absolutely are surprises at the end of the year for some families. The only ones that know their place are the ones where the parents pay for their roster spot (unless maybe you are an obvious top 5 on the team). Everyone else could be on the chopping block if there are no pre conceived ties.

Comment

I don’t agree with this post. There absolutely are surprises at the end of the year for some families. The only ones that know their place are the ones where the parents pay for their roster spot (unless maybe you are an obvious top 5 on the team). Everyone else could be on the chopping block if there are no pre conceived ties.
          totally disagree- if you watch practices ( which to me are more important than watching games) you will see the interaction between the coach and players, that will tell you a lot about where your kid is in the pecking order) then watch games with a critical eye (honest)
          90 % of parents cant do that- stop blaming others, watch off ball, see the little things that count, see their body language when they are on the bench

you will never be surprised again

Comment

11. Turf fields with no lights

Comment

totally disagree- if you watch practices ( which to me are more important than watching games) you will see the interaction between the coach and players, that will tell you a lot about where your kid is in the pecking order) then watch games with a critical eye (honest)
              90 % of parents cant do that- stop blaming others, watch off ball, see the little things that count, see their body language when they are on the bench

Sometimes when I get home late from work. My kids coach is at my house

Comment

Nope- your totally wrong. I’m not placing blame on anyone- just telling the truth. There are kids that play and stay on an ECNL 1 team only because of parent influence or involvement. Either your part of the parents that influence or are totally ignorant.

Comment

Sometimes when I get home late from work. My kids coach is at my house
                  your kids spot is safe

Comment

Nope- your totally wrong. I’m not placing blame on anyone- just telling the truth. There are kids that play and stay on an ECNL 1 team only because of parent influence or involvement. Either your part of the parents that influence or are totally ignorant.
                    OK im wrong, even though i am on the 3rd kid going through this system we call club soccer
                    and all 3 will have had college soccer careers,( last one already recruited)

if your kid can play ,coach's will play them- what is the upside for a coach to bench or cut players that can help them for players who cant?

Comment

OK im wrong, even though i am on the 3rd kid going through this system we call club soccer
                      and all 3 will have had college soccer careers,( last one already recruited)

if your kid can play ,coach's will play them- what is the upside for a coach to bench or cut players that can help them for players who cant?
                      Happens every game....

Comment

That is such a misrepresentation of what actually occurs. Like all clubs the kid gets a letter telling them what team they made. They have a set amount of time to accept or decline. Roster spot is held while that decision is being made. There is NO such bait and switch like this poster suggests. Don't care what club your at, its the same across the board.

Any suggestion that you're locked into $4,000 prior to knowing if your on ECNL 1 or 2 is absurd. And that goes for GAL, Town travel A and B teams, EDP, NPL, etc. Its the same protocol across the board.
                        Remember that what the big print gives, the small print takes away. They send a letter saying you're on the ECNL roster but the fine print says specifically that players can be moved between teams at any time and at the club's discretion. Just be realistic about your child's ability and always have options. Also, learn to not take it all too seriously. If your kid is a stud and this all matters, you have no worries. If theyre not a stud then it doesn't matter and you also have no worries.

Comment

Happens every game....
                          if you feel that way move your kid
                          ECNL is a highway but you can get to the same destination using the side roads and sometimes they are faster and more efficient
                          dont get hung up on the badge

Comment

Yes it’s pretty close to $4000
                            Not close enough, so stop misleading

Comment

I guess you’re one of the ones with their head buried in the sand. You are 100% wrong.

Comment

Not close enough, so stop misleading
                                when you add in the uniform package it is

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X