Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Covid college recruiting landscape like ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some 21s have already received those calls. Deferred to ‘22 because either incoming freshman deferred or seniors choose to stay
    And do you take that risk, waiting another year, when it could get f'd up next year? Or try and move on?

I know one 21 still trying to get recruited and the family just won't admit to themselves it probably isn't going to happen. Pick a great school they love and try for a walk on spot. They're a D3 level player and trying for that level. I think there's a better shot with walk ons there than D1 where scholarships complicate matters. I don't think as many D3 seniors will want to stay as they're paying large sums out of pocket.

Comment

I don't think as many D3 seniors will want to stay as they're paying large sums out of pocket.
      I think a lot of D3 seniors took this year off and will come back next year.

Comment

I think a lot of D3 seniors took this year off and will come back next year.
        D3 seniors and D3 incoming freshmen took gap years. That's what makes things catastrophic for 2021 players. Things will begin to correct for 2022s at the D3 level and should be back to normal for 2023s.

Comment

I know one 21 still trying to get recruited and the family just won't admit to themselves it probably isn't going to happen. Pick a great school they love and try for a walk on spot. They're a D3 level player and trying for that level.
          Not a chance! After all that money spent on club soccer those parents want their signing ceremony so they can share it on social media.

Comment

Faux signing day is awesome.

Comment

Faux signing day is awesome.
              Why go to Colby and try to walk on when you can “sign” at Endicott.

Comment

Why go to Colby and try to walk on when you can “sign” at Endicott.
                lol... and just like that you make the case for hiring an expert.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X