Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The thing is if we do the right things to respond to the virus then the result is nothing happens..

Well nothing except people bitching that everything was overkill.

And the dumbest will say the virus wasn't even real because it didn't directly impact them

Don't be the dumbest
    Yes and no. If you are suggesting we should be prudent I agree. If you are suggesting we take the most extreme measures possible regardless of the other costs I disagree. As with most things our response needs to be guided by the actual risk and actual cost. At the moment we are stuck in a situation where one side sees political gain in downplaying the risk and the other side sees political gain in overplaying the risk. Neither results in the right response.

We also have the benefit of seeing somewhat real-time (though delayed) what impact our measures are having. This is where MA has failed recently. By any reasonable measure we were doing just fine and people were generally complying. Then we took an unnecessary step backward and the result is the government is starting to lose support even from those in the middle.

Comment

Some weekend reading-

https://www.peakendurancesport.com/e...cons-athletes/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...c-coronavirus/

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news...-face-mask-on/

A silver lining: The more you exercise with a face mask on, the more accustomed your body will become to the reduced flow of oxygen, and theoretically, you should feel like a beast when you can finally work out without a face mask on.

Comment

The thing is if we do the right things to respond to the virus then the result is nothing happens..

Well nothing except people bitching that everything was overkill.

And the dumbest will say the virus wasn't even real because it didn't directly impact them

Don't be the dumbest
        Watching cases blow up in southern and western states was an important lesson I think has been taken to heart here. You still see most people wearing masks and doing other appropriate things. If we all keep staying smart we can have school and sports and other things.

Comment

Maybe not so great to teach blind obedience to a tyrannical state?
          Masking of kids while running hard is not acceptable and dangerous to anyone that may have an unkown condition.
          How far will you let the state go?
          If you have an underlying condition that could cause you harm by wearing a mask you probably shouldn’t be playing soccer.

Comment

LOL....................

these poor kids. Masks all day at school. Masks all day at practices/games. I'm sure Gov. Parker will mandate masks for kids when they are sleeping soon or when they are home. Death to kids that don't where masks!! Gov. Parker is pathetic wanna be dictator.
            If you would explain the whole “Parker” thing maybe we’d understand your posts.

Comment

If you have an underlying condition that could cause you harm by wearing a mask you probably shouldn’t be playing soccer.
              Sports induced asthma.

There is no, zero, nadda, not a single logical reason for any of these "precautions." Look at the State's own dashboard. The kids are in more danger driving to training that catching or transmitting covid while there.

Comment

^i think its this one guy's brilliant show of disrespect towards our gov, kinda lame if you ask me, anyone (other than him) find this amusing or remotely clever? no

Comment

Sports induced asthma.

There is no, zero, nadda, not a single logical reason for any of these "precautions." Look at the State's own dashboard. The kids are in more danger driving to training that catching or transmitting covid while there.
                  If the gov was in the slightest worried about myocarditis for covid recovered youth....no way they would mask children while exercising.
                  But we know myocarditis is just another scare tactic.

Comment

Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be. https://nyti.ms/31DJixp

In Massachusetts, from 85 to 90 percent of people who tested positive in July with a cycle threshold of 40 would have been deemed negative if the threshold were 30 cycles, Dr. Mina said. “I would say that none of those people should be contact-traced, not one,” he said.

Other experts informed of these numbers were stunned.

“I’m really shocked that it could be that high — the proportion of people with high C.T. value results,” said Dr. Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute. “Boy, does it really change the way we need to be thinking about testing.”

Comment

“Governor Charlie Parker of Massachusetts”
                      - Joe Biden

Comment

^i think its this one guy's brilliant show of disrespect towards our gov, kinda lame if you ask me, anyone (other than him) find this amusing or remotely clever? no
                        Sweetie..... just repeating what your savior dementia O’biden called him and in case u are wondering “O’biden”- he strangely referred to himself as O’biden in a speech. Soooo....Governor Parker comes from Joe O’biden! All of us calling him Governor Parker please tell O’biden the Gov. of Mass is named Charlie Baker!!

Comment

My D played this morning with mask on and didn't have a word to say about it after the game. It's a new normal for her.

Comment

Sports induced asthma.

Dear sir/madam,

I’m a 57 year old male with COPD related to industrial exposure. I wear a mask while push mowing my hilly 1 acre yard in 90+ degree heat because I need to protect myself from pollen and dust.

Tell me again how your teen with exercise induced asthma can’t wear a mask?

Comment

My D played this morning with mask on and didn't have a word to say about it after the game. It's a new normal for her.
                              Thats funny my son scrimmaged this morning with a mask on and he hated it!! It was only a scrimmage against the girls team but he said on the way home he never ever wants to wear a mask playing again in a game. He mentioned that several girls even said they didnt like it. I guess your daughter wasn't one of the girls he was talking to.

Comment

She may accept it since they are making her do it but you know that your daughter hates it like every other player. Don’t even bother pretending otherwise. You can argue whether or not it’s dangerous to wear a mask while playing or whether it’s unnecessary but don’t act like players, including your daughter, have no problem with it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X