East meadow Tournament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nassau is much closer to parts of NYC then parts of Suffolk. Look at a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What constitutes these regions? Nassau sits in the middle of Suffolk and NYC...which one is their region and where do you find this info?
      Is this from the state? What agency?

Comment

Is this from the state? What agency?
        This is from the ENYYSA website.

Playing in a tournament:
        • Out of State: Teams are not permitted to travel out of state at this time.
        • In state: Teams can travel to a tournament within their own region:
        o New York City (5 boroughs: Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island)
        o Long Island (Nassau, Suffolk)
        o Mid-Hudson (Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester)
        o Capital District (Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren, Washington)
        o Mohawk Valley (Fulton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Schoharie)
        o North Country (Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence)
        o Southern Tier (Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins)
        • You can also play in a tournament in an adjacent county (counties)

Comment

Queens teams are allowed too because of the adjacent county rule. But anyone outside of Queens, Nassau and Suffolk can't play.

Comment

This is from the ENYYSA website.

Playing in a tournament:
            • Out of State: Teams are not permitted to travel out of state at this time.
            • In state: Teams can travel to a tournament within their own region:
            o New York City (5 boroughs: Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island)
            o Long Island (Nassau, Suffolk)
            o Mid-Hudson (Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester)
            o Capital District (Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren, Washington)
            o Mohawk Valley (Fulton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Schoharie)
            o North Country (Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence)
            o Southern Tier (Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins)
            • You can also play in a tournament in an adjacent county (counties)
            These are the same regions that are defined by NYS. There's a little flexibility in traveling to an adjacent region for a tournament, but definitely not allowed to travel to another state.

Comment

Will SUSA be punished for traveling out of state to a tournament. Now have positive cases on teams that traveled. Is it more important to make a few bucks and get GotSoccer points than the health of the kids. So irresponsible and selfish of SUSA and the families.

Comment

Get your facts straight, team was 2006. They did not travel to new jersey.

Comment

PDA tournament doesn't even give gotsoccer points, guess that theory is out the window

Comment

Get your facts straight, team was 2006. They did not travel to new jersey.
                    I agree that the kids that got sick didn't travel to NJ. But the club did violate NY State Covid protocols by having other teams travel to NJ to play at PDA.

Comment

I agree that the kids that got sick didn't travel to NJ. But the club did violate NY State Covid protocols by having other teams travel to NJ to play at PDA.
                      Do you know how many LI youth teams had tournaments in N.J.? Between Baseball, softball, soccer, Lax, etc.

Comment

Do you know how many LI youth teams had tournaments in N.J.? Between Baseball, softball, soccer, Lax, etc.
                        The fact that more than one club/sport violated the rules doesn't excuse the fact that they violated the rules.

Comment

The original guidelines were return to play Aug 17 and to do so locally. So teams and clubs more than a handful of clubs had applied for NJ tournament. Is NJ local? Depends on your opinion it’s 15 miles from me so local to me. Low positive rate of covid part of Cuomo group with CT as well for quarantine rules. Then later on enysa said no out of state travel and clarify rules late July but only if you read them would you know there was a change. I anticipated a change that would allow bordering state travel since I go to visit relatives in NJ without issue it never came. By that point you’ve had kids with no soccer for months training for an event and I guess we were supposed to pull out. We went ahead and played followed social distancing rules wore masks washed hands frequently and have had no issues.

I hope they change the rules on out of state travel soon. Life needs to move on people need work businesses need customers. Kids need to play

Comment

Are you saying it’s ok to break the law if someone else does it?

SUSA knowingly broke the law and all of these families that traveled increased the risk for everyone else. That’s not only selfish it’s extremely ignorant.

Comment

The original guidelines were return to play Aug 17 and to do so locally. So teams and clubs more than a handful of clubs had applied for NJ tournament. Is NJ local? Depends on your opinion it’s 15 miles from me so local to me. Low positive rate of covid part of Cuomo group with CT as well for quarantine rules. Then later on enysa said no out of state travel and clarify rules late July but only if you read them would you know there was a change. I anticipated a change that would allow bordering state travel since I go to visit relatives in NJ without issue it never came. By that point you’ve had kids with no soccer for months training for an event and I guess we were supposed to pull out. We went ahead and played followed social distancing rules wore masks washed hands frequently and have had no issues.

I hope they change the rules on out of state travel soon. Life needs to move on people need work businesses need customers. Kids need to play
                              So they changed the rules so it’s not really breaking them? SUSA people really have issues.

Comment

If your going to bash SUSA, please also bash world class, East meadow, atletico, lake grove, east coast. All had teams playing in PDA tournament.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X