Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ha, well would you look at that. In a thread that is SOLELY a discussion about results, with all teams/clubs/leagues graded on results (seen or unseen), with opinions about such teams/clubs/leagues very vehemently held close to your hearts, that's an extremely odd thing to say.

Go back and look at all the commentary about all the teams/clubs/leagues across the country, of which 99% of them are unseen, and see how that aligns with your comment. This entire thread is about nothing but results!

Hypocrite.
    Actually, I see several posts on this thread about coaching, development, what clubs are charging, etc.

Comment

Actually, I see several posts on this thread about coaching, development, what clubs are charging, etc.
      Well, when your 8,000 posts deep you will be found to find a few....

Comment

I think your comment is misplaced. You should be asking how a team that is far and away the bottom of the league is there. How the resident fool who does the power rankings on here grades such a team as anything to be concerned with.

As an astute philosopher once said: "You are what your record says you are".
        You follow english soccer? Bournemouth & Watford were relegated from the EPL last year. Bottom 3 in the EPL at seasons end. Now they are at the top of the next tier down, which is the Championship. It's the same team as two months ago.

Stars white might be near the bottom of ECNL north east conference, but they would be top 2 in GA and a clear #1 if they "dropped" to DPL.

Anyone who knows anything about english soccer would rank Bournemouth & Watford as the 17-25th best clubs in England right now, whether they are in EPL or the Championship.

Saying "Watford sucks" while your team is Plymouth-Argyle is just comical.

See how that works?

Comment

You follow english soccer? Bournemouth & Watford were relegated from the EPL last year. Bottom 3 in the EPL at seasons end. Now they are at the top of the next tier down, which is the Championship. It's the same team as two months ago.

Stars white might be near the bottom of ECNL north east conference, but they would be top 2 in GA and a clear #1 if they "dropped" to DPL.

Anyone who knows anything about english soccer would rank Bournemouth & Watford as the 17-25th best clubs in England right now, whether they are in EPL or the Championship.

Saying "Watford sucks" while your team is Plymouth-Argyle is just comical.

See how that works?
          Hi, thanks, been watching soccer for decades. Even made a few bucks playing it quite a while ago.

Good example.

Watford sucks.

Comment

Which “top” DPL teams could do well playing an ECNL schedule???? Waiting....

SPOL, Aztec & Bayside would lose to Stars Blue Regional. Biggly.
            never said ECNL schedule... just said competitive games prob referring to against the MA ENCL teams

No idea about SPOL or Bayside but i highly doubt Aztec would lose to Blue regional.

Comment

Hi, thanks, been watching soccer for decades. Even made a few bucks playing it quite a while ago.

Good example.

Watford sucks.

Eeeessshhhh...tough to continue a discussion when someone is using Watford as an example of quality....

Comment

Results? Results? I don't know how many times some of us have to say it on this thread - wins aren't "results" at this age - or frankly any age until college if the real game for many of these girls is to get into college. If I wanted wins for my daughter I could send her to play for NEFC. That might or might not be a smart thing to do for my kid (I happen to like NEFC and that 07 team in particular) but "wins" would have zero weight in the analysis. This is all dumb because the top girls on these "list" teams could play on ANY of these clubs. It doesn't say anything about the quality of the individual player how many wins any of these U14 teams have.

Comment

Results? Results? I don't know how many times some of us have to say it on this thread - wins aren't "results" at this age - or frankly any age until college if the real game for many of these girls is to get into college. If I wanted wins for my daughter I could send her to play for NEFC. That might or might not be a smart thing to do for my kid (I happen to like NEFC and that 07 team in particular) but "wins" would have zero weight in the analysis. This is all dumb because the top girls on these "list" teams could play on ANY of these clubs. It doesn't say anything about the quality of the individual player how many wins any of these U14 teams have.
                  Careful, your post might be too logical for this thread.

Seriously though, you are spot on.

Comment

Eeeessshhhh...tough to continue a discussion when someone is using Watford as an example of quality....
                    Let’s dub this guy ^^^ “Angry Semi-Pro dad” based upon his vast playing experience with the beautiful game.

Comment

Stars is delivering exactly what they promised these kids - a spot in the top league in the country. There were no promises about results, playing time, or (gulp!) development. Parents might want those things, but Stars has kept true to their pitch.
                      “(gulp) development”

God forbid a parent pays thousands of dollars and expects development. Guess they’re supposed to be satisfied with the label and prestige of being on the “top league” .

That sounds pretty backwards if you ask me.

Comment

I don't know, I like the Watford example. Team with no discernable skill hangs on for years, before finally getting relegated to where they belong. Pretty good parallel if you ask me.

Comment

Well, when your 8,000 posts deep you will be found to find a few....
                          and ironic or not...those are the ones that should matter.

Comment

“(gulp) development”

God forbid a parent pays thousands of dollars and expects development. Guess they’re supposed to be satisfied with the label and prestige of being on the “top league” .

That sounds pretty backwards if you ask me.
                            I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect. I’d have that expectation anywhere My daughter plays. If you’ve been a part of Stars long enough to have heard the ECNL pitch, it’s about playing in a league that puts kids in college.

Comment

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect. I’d have that expectation anywhere My daughter plays. If you’ve been a part of Stars long enough to have heard the ECNL pitch, it’s about playing in a league that puts kids in college.
                              and once in college they should have acquired all the skills necessary to succeed at that level. I would expect that from any of the ECNL leagues in MA, or for that matter, New England or anywhere else. Especially the 07’s.

Comment

I don't know, I like the Watford example. Team with no discernable skill hangs on for years, before finally getting relegated to where they belong. Pretty good parallel if you ask me.
                                92 clubs in the EFL pyramid (Premier league, Championship, League 1 & League 2) before you get to the 100’s of non-league clubs and Watford has “no discernible skill?” Yeah ok.

You might be the most bitter person on this entire thread. I love it that the MA ECNL teams have you so tweaked!

Enjoy town soccer or the NEP or whatever!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X