Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s too much liability, and they probably won’t be able to secure a facility to host Futsal teams.
    Are you saying that Northeast Futsal announces this and is accepting registrations without first having secured the facility?

https://www.northfutsal.com/youth-pr...b-142ffa26fc08

Comment

Are you saying that Northeast Futsal announces this and is accepting registrations without first having secured the facility?

He/she is saying that they have put zero effort into their research other than their own fearful opinions.

Comment

From the pictures on the website, looks like Millworks is ready to go, with 6ft markers already taped onto the bleachers for spectators.

Comment

From the pictures on the website, looks like Millworks is ready to go, with 6ft markers already taped onto the bleachers for spectators.
          6ft doesn't matter indoors during a surge. This will never happen

Comment

6ft doesn't matter indoors during a surge. This will never happen
            Good thing YOU can work on your futsal skills in your basement. My kid did some drills that way and worked great. Since you seem to want to live there permanently, this would work out quite well for you.

Comment

Good thing YOU can work on your futsal skills in your basement. My kid did some drills that way and worked great. Since you seem to want to live there permanently, this would work out quite well for you.
              I've been out in the world since day one of this mess. I'm a first responder. I'm also smart enough to know that this state is headed towards another lockdown. I'll still get paid, but Millworks sure won't, unless you're dumb enough to give them money prior to the shutdown.

Comment

I've been out in the world since day one of this mess. I'm a first responder. I'm also smart enough to know that this state is headed towards another lockdown. I'll still get paid, but Millworks sure won't, unless you're dumb enough to give them money prior to the shutdown.
                Can you tell me the exact date of the next shutdown? Just so that I can plan accordingly for my team. Thanks!

Comment

We will see, won’t we. Look, I hate this as much as you do. I’m the first to bring my kid to any activity that is actually allowed to occur. I’m just being realistic and basing my guesstimations on what we’ve seen already in our state of Massachusetts. If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on there’s not going to be many indoor facilities open for sports this winter. I hope that I am wrong.

Comment

Most indoor facilities are not allowing spectators currently. I don't take much comfort on markers as most people are not following them for games played outdoors.

Comment

Just throwing this out there...we've reached out to mass futsal for more info regarding who to contact about signing up an individual youth in order to compete. We haven't heard back. Being full aware that the current situation may not let kids play, our question is what clubs offer youth training and competition for when things get closer to normal? Our player really enjoys the futsal that supplements club soccer winter training. Also, does a club futsal participation make it impossible to join a club soccer team? Is futsal an all year commitment?

Comment

Just throwing this out there...we've reached out to mass futsal for more info regarding who to contact about signing up an individual youth in order to compete. We haven't heard back. Being full aware that the current situation may not let kids play, our question is what clubs offer youth training and competition for when things get closer to normal? Our player really enjoys the futsal that supplements club soccer winter training. Also, does a club futsal participation make it impossible to join a club soccer team? Is futsal an all year commitment?
                        My daughter played for a futsal-specific club that had NPL, ECNL, and GA players on it. They were very good about honoring a "soccer club-first" commitment.

It ran from late October to late February. However, they offered separate training year-round.

(Using past tense since she stopped playing futsal last year, so can't speak specifically about this year, but can't see why it would change)

Comment

Is there anything in Wmass???? I know about Flair and Ginga but what bout 413?

Comment

My daughter played for a futsal-specific club that had NPL, ECNL, and GA players on it. They were very good about honoring a "soccer club-first" commitment.

It ran from late October to late February. However, they offered separate training year-round.

(Using past tense since she stopped playing futsal last year, so can't speak specifically about this year, but can't see why it would change)
                            Agree, we've done both. There are plenty of futsal clubs around that cater to club soccer players. They know many kids use futsal to supplement soccer training and that their #1 priority is soccer. Frankly, many of those kids are excellent futsal players and they like having them on their futsal teams as much as they are available. There should be no issues.

And in my experience, the soccer kids love the futsal environment. It's fun, challenging and without all of the pressure they are used to in club soccer.

Comment

Where can more info about specific futsal clubs be found? Only info we could find was league sign ups for preformed teams. Anyone have specific club names or info for leagues, specifically south shore where a single child can join a club/team/training?

Comment

Any club that puts teams into session 1 are greedy and idiotic

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X