Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal training for weston DA players????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My point exactly.

Which is why it’s stupid to criticize players putting in extra work. Who knows a what their goals are or what their potential is? Only them, so kudos for putting in the work.
    the time to put in the extra work to become a more technical player is up until 12. after that age, you practice a kid 4 times a week plus private training plus weekend games you are burning the kid out. problem w us soccer is 12 and under everyone focuses on results at these ages. who cares what you win at u10, u11. dont tell that to any u10, u11 parents they are laser focused on winning when they should be doing all the things that are suggested here at that age, futsal, private training, etc.

other problem with us soccer is parents joysticking everything. if your kid wants to have some mental or physical down time, it is not just ok, it's recommended. even the dreaded fortnite within limits provides them with a mental escape from school and athletic pressure. parents try to control everything and end up with kids that lack self motivation and play joyless.

to me these two issues are the major problems with us soccer, not kids not putting in the "work."

Comment

the time to put in the extra work to become a more technical player is up until 12. after that age, you practice a kid 4 times a week plus private training plus weekend games you are burning the kid out. problem w us soccer is 12 and under everyone focuses on results at these ages. who cares what you win at u10, u11. dont tell that to any u10, u11 parents they are laser focused on winning when they should be doing all the things that are suggested here at that age, futsal, private training, etc.

other problem with us soccer is parents joysticking everything. if your kid wants to have some mental or physical down time, it is not just ok, it's recommended. even the dreaded fortnite within limits provides them with a mental escape from school and athletic pressure. parents try to control everything and end up with kids that lack self motivation and play joyless.

to me these two issues are the major problems with us soccer, not kids not putting in the "work."
      My advice to you is not to make blanket statements about players and parents you don’t know.

No more technical training is needed after 12...ok. 😂😂. Thats it....they’re 12, technically as good as they can get. Don’t waste anymore time with that first touch, 1 v 1 moves, controlling a ball out of the air, shot shaping, pass weighting, long ball delivery, speed with the ball at your feet garbage. It’s tactics only after 12.👍🏻👍🏻😂😂

Comment

Learning time management and being able to do both well is an important life lesson.

Training hard and excelling at school are not mutually exclusive.

Play less Fortnite and spend less time watching Ninja on YouTube. Problem solved.
        don't know what school your kids attend or what programs they are in. balancing Da with honors and AP course load is not a time management issue. time management assumes there is time to do everything correctly, assuming it is properly managed. that is not the case for kids that are in this level of academics. there just is not enough time. i don't think most da parents appreciate how hard it is to get into even a state school like florida. you need to be on an honors/ap course track. look, if you want your kid to be an international soccer star, go for it. but don't give me this "time management" line b/c it's not a time management issue if your kid is taking high level courses.

Comment

My advice to you is not to make blanket statements about players and parents you don’t know.

No more technical training is needed after 12...ok. 😂😂. Thats it....they’re 12, technically as good as they can get. Don’t waste anymore time with that first touch, 1 v 1 moves, controlling a ball out of the air, shot shaping, pass weighting, long ball delivery, speed with the ball at your feet garbage. It’s tactics only after 12.👍🏻👍🏻😂😂
          no, of course not, and every kid is different, but what the heck do you think they are doing 4x a week? just sitting around a classroom discussing tactics? my point is at 12 and under you need to lay most of the groundwork and its the most important time.

Comment

don't know what school your kids attend or what programs they are in. balancing Da with honors and AP course load is not a time management issue. time management assumes there is time to do everything correctly, assuming it is properly managed. that is not the case for kids that are in this level of academics. there just is not enough time. i don't think most da parents appreciate how hard it is to get into even a state school like florida. you need to be on an honors/ap course track. look, if you want your kid to be an international soccer star, go for it. but don't give me this "time management" line b/c it's not a time management issue if your kid is taking high level courses.
            Please don’t lecture me on something like I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m very aware of the courses the kids are taking. The Ap course load and honors course load....all the classes. Do you want a list of the courses they’ve taken? How about every AP course available plus 1 on FVS in order to boost their class rank?

It’s managable, I don’t what to tell you other than that.

And I, personally, could care less about my kid being an international soccer star. It’s NOT my goals that are important. It’s the players goals that matter.

The faster you people understand it ONLY matters what the players personal drive and goals are the better off you will be. A rec player and a YNT player can both be very successful individuals, just with different priorities, goals, and measures for success.

Comment

no, of course not, and every kid is different, but what the heck do you think they are doing 4x a week? just sitting around a classroom discussing tactics? my point is at 12 and under you need to lay most of the groundwork and its the most important time.
              What I know is they are not getting enough quality touches and technically focused trading to continue to develop the skills I listed....which is why serious players seek other training or travel to Europe.

Comment

Please don’t lecture me on something like I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m very aware of the courses the kids are taking. The Ap course load and honors course load....all the classes. Do you want a list of the courses they’ve taken? How about every AP course available plus 1 on FVS in order to boost their class rank?

It’s managable, I don’t what to tell you other than that.

And I, personally, could care less about my kid being an international soccer star. It’s NOT my goals that are important. It’s the players goals that matter.

The faster you people understand it ONLY matters what the players personal drive and goals are the better off you will be. A rec player and a YNT player can both be very successful individuals, just with different priorities, goals, and measures for success.
                You obviously don’t get it. If you are not living vicariously through your kids, you’re the looser. Why wood you ever alow your kids to a say in there goals? That is the biggest rediculus thing ever. If they aren’t playing national team, they just suk, and you led them on a path of failure. Skool is just a back up plan in case they get hert.

Comment

did you purposely misspell so many words, or are you retarded

Comment

how can you spell vicariously correctly, but not school or would

Comment

and ridiculous

Comment

and their

Comment

and suck, and hurt

Comment

and allow and loser

Comment

You obviously don’t get it. If you are not living vicariously through your kids, you’re the looser. Why wood you ever alow your kids to a say in there goals? That is the biggest rediculus thing ever. If they aren’t playing national team, they just suk, and you led them on a path of failure. Skool is just a back up plan in case they get hert.
                              I’m going to assume this is just a troll and I’m gonna try and ignore the spelling...

Individuals set their own goals and strive to achieve them. Every successful person I know sets a series of goals. Short term, mid range, long term. Both realistic goals and reach goals.

Develop a plan of action to achieve set goals and go to work.

If you don’t see the value of that and consider not achieveing 100% of an individuals set goals a failure, then...I guess I understand why you post in this board and spell the way you do.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                you clearly don’t understand why us players don’t have elite technical skills.

Do you seriously believe that they get the necessary volume of tougmchss on the ball at their 3 team practices?

Do you have any idea the training schedule of european academies?

No, you have no idea, which is my your child will continue to be a mediocre player or below that.
                                your kid is going to play over in europe? Right 1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X