Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They need to lower the price. Too expensive for me.
    Make it zero. We were @4H and they put out a good product while it lasted. The price wasn't bad. If it were $50 a year or $0, we'd be talking.

Until then they ain't getting my business!

Comment

It’s too bad that GDA didn’t do well here in Oregon.
      It doesn't have to be good, just cheap. Look at the dollar stores that pop up. People like cheap. You want to attract people, drop the cost.

Comment

Make it zero. We were @4H and they put out a good product while it lasted. The price wasn't bad. If it were $50 a year or $0, we'd be talking.

Your kid has no business trying out for the DA level. Keep your loose change and wait for the next 4H. Another class clown.

Comment

Close the sale! You got someone interested, don’t let them walk. Might just be a nibble but they might also sign up.

Comment

It doesn't have to be good, just cheap. Look at the dollar stores that pop up. People like cheap. You want to attract people, drop the cost.
            This is easy folks. Put flyers on the counter at the dollar general store. Drop the first month to $1. Then you are right in the wheelhouse.

Your welcome.

Comment

This is easy folks. Put flyers on the counter at the dollar general store. Drop the first month to $1. Then you are right in the wheelhouse.

Your welcome.
              Cold calling the clueless works for the local club solicitors of all things title ix and girls soccer. Airfare not included.

Comment

Cold calling the clueless works for the local club solicitors of all things title ix and girls soccer. Airfare not included.
                If it’s over $50 it ain’t getting my business. That’s my spot and I’m sticking to it.

Comment

If parents can afford expensive college who cares what local club they play at and playing at a DA level isn't a fit for nearly every single Oregonian girl. It makes sense nearly all girls get the opportunity to play high level recreational HS soccer and have the chance to travel for giggles with the neighborhood club. It all boils down to having the disposable cash. No girl is playing their way out of the ghetto and getting full rides from Colleges, at least not here in talent starved Oregon.
                  This is it. Any club soccer is expensive and so the customers are well off. Soccer is a fun activity to help rich girls get into better colleges. A few will go to college mostly to play soccer and they will form the base for the next generation of female coaches. The majority of women will get a career after college and move on to a life without soccer. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

There are high school JV players and ECNL B team players on the thorns. Ouch!
                    Even worse, there are girls who got cut from high school teams on the Thorns. True fact.

Comment

Have a look at the Peregrine books.

All in each kid costs around 20k per year and they have 5 teams of 16-20 players.

The families aren't on the hook for the entire cost of being in the DA it's subsidized by the the Thorns.

This is a pro club that has a paid technical director and assistant director. Not to mention a coaching staff that's all paid as well. This is all an investment in the local girls while the local club scene is dedicated to expensive pay to travel on the parents dime.
                      Have a look at the Peregrine books?? Merritt? Is that you??? Could you please post the "books" of Peregrine Sports, LLC for me to look at or are you just full of crap.

Comment

Even worse, there are girls who got cut from high school teams on the Thorns. True fact.
                        Nobody said is was going to be better than anything else. The point is for kids that got cut from high school soccer they still have hope and a place to play.

Comment

Call the office. You never know what kind of a deal they could put together for you. You sound like you drive a hard bargain and I respect that.

Comment

U18 WNT ID Roster

U.S. U-18 WNT IDENTIFICATION CAMP ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB; HOMETOWN)
                            GOALKEEPERS (4): Taylor Fox (West Florida Flames; Titusville, Fla.), Leah Freeman (Mustang SC; Berkley, Calif.), Mia Justus (IMG Academy; Amherst, Ohio), Alia Skinner (United Soccer Alliance; Fleming Island, Fla.)

DEFENDERS (9): Abby Allen (Lonestar SC Academy; Austin, Texas), Nya Harrison (San Diego Surf; San Diego, Calif.), Smith Hunter (Reign Academy; Seattle, Wash.), Tabitha LaParl (So Cal Blues SC; Lakewood, Calif.), Emily Mason (Players Development Academy; Flemington, N.J.), Emma Misal (Penn Fusion Soccer Academy; Mechanicsburg, Pa.), Madison Perez (Legends FC; West Covina, Calif.), Karly Reeves (San Diego Surf; San Diego, Calif.), Paige Tolentino (NC Courage; Pinehurst, N.C.)

MIDFIELDERS (12): Margaret Boade (Real Colorado; Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Aislynn Crowder (Hawaii Rush; Mililani, Hawaii), Cailey England (Lonestar SC Academy; Dripping Springs, Texas), Alexa Gonzalez (Legends FC; Riverside, Calif.), Kayleen Gowers (San Jose Earthquakes; Los Altos, Calif.), Isabel Loza (LAFC Slammers; La Mirada, Calif.), Emily Mathews (Nationals; Macomb, Mich.), Amber Nguyen (Tophat; Snellville, Ga.), Michaela Rosenbaum (Star Academy; Santa Rosa, Calif.), Madeline Simpson (Tophat; Atlanta, Ga.), Hannah Waesch (Solar SC; The Colony, Texas), Aki Yuasa (GPS Vermont Synergy FC; Charlotte, Vt.)

FORWARDS (14): Abigail Borchers (San Jose Earthquakes; Fresno, Calif.), Michelle Cooper (IMG Academy; Clarkston, Mich.), Talia DellaPeruta (Koln/GER; Cumming, Ga.), Jazlynn Ellis (Real Colorado; Parker, Colo.), Mollie Griswold (Arizona Arsenal SC; Gilbert, Ariz.), Dilary Heredia-Beltran (Sporting Blue Valley; Overland Park, Kan.), Samantha Kroeger (World Class FC; West Milford, N.J.), Paige Lacey (Portland Thorns FC; Central Point, Ore.), Quincy McMahon (Real Colorado; Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Asha Means (Charlotte Soccer Academy; Huntersville, N.C.), Olivia Migli (FC Virginia; Haymarket, Va.), Trinity Rodman (So Cal Blues SC; Laguna Niguel, Calif.), Reilyn Turner (So Cal Blues SC; Laguna Beach, Calif.), Grace Watkins (LAFC Slammers; Manhattan Beach, Calif.)

Comment

If it’s over $50 it ain’t getting my business. That’s my spot and I’m sticking to it.
                              That’s about what it’s worth.

Comment

Every year the Thorns teams have been dead last or 2nd or 3rd from bottom in a weak league. The Thorns were gracious enough to build it but they didn’t come. The few that did come have all ditched to play high school once they got committed. I feel bad for the Thorns who are one of the few GDA teams to subsidize costs and are trying. When you have girls from ecnl and oysa committing to the same or better colleges, those top players have no reason to give up local club soccer or high school soccer or other activities to play on a weaker team in the academy.
                                It’s not about winning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X