FC Barcelona hosts tryouts for its youth academy in New York

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has everyone thought about the trainers? We are considering FCB for our kid (in one of the other Escola Academies opening up).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What has everyone thought about the trainers? We are considering FCB for our kid (in one of the other Escola Academies opening up).
      I think VCF has UEFA A licensed trainers. Has FCB made similar claims?

I do hear VCF is struggling to put together 2 teams per age group. Older kids over $2,000 for one League and training. They offer 3 days of training but it looks like one day is doubled up with another age group. That's expensive considering it doesn't include tournaments.

Comment

I think VCF has UEFA A licensed trainers. Has FCB made similar claims?

I do hear VCF is struggling to put together 2 teams per age group. Older kids over $2,000 for one League and training. They offer 3 days of training but it looks like one day is doubled up with another age group. That's expensive considering it doesn't include tournaments.
        FCB Dias not make claims about coaches are trainers. Only thing they said was that technical director is from Spain, and is moving from Brazil. For the amount of teams they are trying to put together, I doubt it will be from Spain.

My guess is that Barca will also struggle to put teams together similar to Valencia. We had offer from Valencia and declined. I am sure many will do the same for Barca too. They are too late, very slow and look like trying to do too much in a short period of time. It almost feels like little bit of arrogance as they are sharing very little info.

Comment

I brought my boy to a tryout a little over a week ago now. All I've gotten was an email saying I might get an email this week or next week. The tryout was nicely run, but I was certainly hoping that there would be some communication as to what might be next, including costs.

Comment

This is a franchised money grab. If you want a real academy tied back to its academy in Spain look at https://valenciacfacademy-ny.com

Anyone feel free to post the Kings Park Barca website with its details.

There will be more of these coming next year so in the end they will dilute an already thin competitive player pool.

Comment

This is a franchised money grab. If you want a real academy tied back to its academy in Spain look at https://valenciacfacademy-ny.com

Anyone feel free to post the Kings Park Barca website with its details.

There will be more of these coming next year so in the end they will dilute an already thin competitive player pool.
              thanks Larry. nice of you to visit.

Comment

I asked a serious question to try to help make a decision regarding my child.

This obnoxious response was just juvenile.
                I apologize, I posted it and was just trying to be funny. I'm sure it's a stressful time for everyone waiting on responses.

Comment

Barca

I brought my boy to a tryout a little over a week ago now. All I've gotten was an email saying I might get an email this week or next week. The tryout was nicely run, but I was certainly hoping that there would be some communication as to what might be next, including costs.
                  The timing of setting up these tryouts were poorly done and we can all see now why. If BARCA has to fill 3 teams per age group this takes time. First everyone goes to the tryouts. Then every player gets a ranking. Then the club starts picking their A teams. They must have a commitment from each player before they move on to the B team. And then so on to the C teams. This all takes a lot of time to do. BARCA wants the best players playing at the highest level but if the players are committed to another team already or the family decides the costs are too high then BARCA moves on to the next ranked player to fill that spot. This all should have been done months ago.

Comment

The timing of setting up these tryouts were poorly done and we can all see now why. If BARCA has to fill 3 teams per age group this takes time. First everyone goes to the tryouts. Then every player gets a ranking. Then the club starts picking their A teams. They must have a commitment from each player before they move on to the B team. And then so on to the C teams. This all takes a lot of time to do. BARCA wants the best players playing at the highest level but if the players are committed to another team already or the family decides the costs are too high then BARCA moves on to the next ranked player to fill that spot. This all should have been done months ago.
                    Any boys 03 or 04s get offers yet?

Comment

Any boys 03 or 04s get offers yet?
                      I sent couple of emails to Barca, no response at all. I saw someone posted at Botn that all offers were sent out. Anyone here has received any further updates?

Comment

I sent couple of emails to Barca, no response at all. I saw someone posted at Botn that all offers were sent out. Anyone here has received any further updates?

I have an 04, still nothing.

Comment

There's other posts saying it isn't done yet. Multiple anonymous posts on BOTN slamming Barca. LM has been busy

Comment

There's other posts saying it isn't done yet. Multiple anonymous posts on BOTN slamming Barca. LM has been busy
                            I think Barca deserves some of the slamming. There is total lack of transparency.

Comment

I think Barca deserves some of the slamming. There is total lack of transparency.
                              Hard to be transparent when you're making it up as you go along.

Comment

Hard to be transparent when you're making it up as you go along.
                                I think all these clubs that keep popping up, promising the world, etc, will never fully get off the ground without the support of a top league I.E. DA/GDA or ECNL. Promises of a nice facility mean nothing to me or my kid, all she wants is to play on a strong team in a strong league that doesn't require an hour commute each way, 3-4 times a week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X