Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd assume that they'll give GDA clubs a year or so to get things figured out. Some had a significant head start on others so it would be unfair to judge based on year 1. It would have been interesting if all participating clubs could have made their announcements at the same time instead of so staggered.
    Someone has to come in and take over. Maybe a Barca, Valencia or maybe a pro organization. Riley is too good of a recruiter for LISC to compete with.

Comment

Someone has to come in and take over. Maybe a Barca, Valencia or maybe a pro organization. Riley is too good of a recruiter for LISC to compete with.
      I'm a member of Valencia, so I'm not knocking it nor Barca. But, I think they should get their programs up and running before going after DA. Also, neither of them have any girls to speak of so it'd be hard to start GDA.

Comment

I'm a member of Valencia, so I'm not knocking it nor Barca. But, I think they should get their programs up and running before going after DA. Also, neither of them have any girls to speak of so it'd be hard to start GDA.
        They will have the GDA rolled into their name. Their name could attract a lot more players for next tryout season. I'm sure they would love to get the boys side and start at a younger age with boys. It's a way to parlay the girls into also getting the boys program. They also have a professional girls team in Spain, as does Barca. Their younger girls programs would grow exponentially next year with such a move. RR, Massapequa and Brentwood could still stay in as feeder programs. It would bring real legitimacy to th GDA.

Comment

They will have the GDA rolled into their name. Their name could attract a lot more players for next tryout season. I'm sure they would love to get the boys side and start at a younger age with boys. It's a way to parlay the girls into also getting the boys program. They also have a professional girls team in Spain, as does Barca. Their younger girls programs would grow exponentially next year with such a move. RR, Massapequa and Brentwood could still stay in as feeder programs. It would bring real legitimacy to th GDA.
          Please tell me you're joking! A club that has no current girls teams, no pathway to current US pro teams or high level college play and no record of USWNT or YNT development would "bring real legitimacy to the GDA"???

You people really have to lay off the kool-aid, it's eating away at your common sense...

Comment

LISC had the chance to make it, but they made a few missteps early on, particularly when it came to communication with their target audience.

Comment

LISC had the chance to make it, but they made a few missteps early on, particularly when it came to communication with their target audience.
              What mis steps? They claim to have lots of experience with youth soccer so why would they make mistakes?

Comment

Please tell me you're joking! A club that has no current girls teams, no pathway to current US pro teams or high level college play and no record of USWNT or YNT development would "bring real legitimacy to the GDA"???

You people really have to lay off the kool-aid, it's eating away at your common sense...
                yet they gave a spot to LISC? Shows you what USSF thinks about the process. Barca can easily parlay into a girls program if they do an good job with the boys (obviously they have to prove themselves). They might not get DA right away but easily can in 2-3 years. LI is a mess and they know it - too many mismanaged, poorly run clubs and parents looking for something better.

Comment

What mis steps? They claim to have lots of experience with youth soccer so why would they make mistakes?
                  Lack of communication and disorganization that was apparent to parents. They failed to respond to emails from those who were given offers. They should have spent 15 minutes preparing and presenting themselves instead of making it seem like it they had no clue.

There are similar complaints about Rough Riders, so I guess that carried through, but you think they would have learned that they need to market to their target audience. In the end they are still scrambling and lost the players that GDA is targeting.

Comment

I think the main problem is that they, and for that matter FC Fury, were hoping that they would be able to use the same players for GDA and ECNL and they didn't get away with it.

Comment

I think the main problem is that they, and for that matter FC Fury, were hoping that they would be able to use the same players for GDA and ECNL and they didn't get away with it.
                      What do you mean? No one was ever going to play in both leagues.

Comment

What do you mean? No one was ever going to play in both leagues.
                        From what I understand there were plans for some kids to do both.

Comment

From what I understand there were plans for some kids to do both.
                          I think you understood wrong...you cannot train with any other organizations or play in any other events if you are playing with GDA. It is an all-in program. Anyone who is caught doing so faces expulsion from GDA.

Perhaps you misunderstood that they expected all the ECNL players to move to GDA.

Comment

I think you understood wrong...you cannot train with any other organizations or play in any other events if you are playing with GDA. It is an all-in program. Anyone who is caught doing so faces expulsion from GDA.

Perhaps you misunderstood that they expected all the ECNL players to move to GDA.
                            I know what the rules are. What I am telling you is that there wasn't an intent on following the rules.

Comment

Are you trying to say that FC Fury was planning on having the same kids rostered for GDA and ECNL? And play in 2-3 games per weekend?

You also referred to LISC. How would that have worked, since there is no longer a relationship with EM?

There is no question that ECNL forced clubs to pick one or the other, hence why there are separate organizations at all other clubs except for the ECNL founding clubs (FC Stars and PDA).

Comment

Are you trying to say that FC Fury was planning on having the same kids rostered for GDA and ECNL? And play in 2-3 games per weekend?

You also referred to LISC. How would that have worked, since there is no longer a relationship with EM?

There is no question that ECNL forced clubs to pick one or the other, hence why there are separate organizations at all other clubs except for the ECNL founding clubs (FC Stars and PDA).
                                Yes, in the beginning there was an intention on having some kids rostered for both in both FC Fury and LISC. But as you pointed out, ECNL brought the hammer down and EM had to separate itself from LISC. And that is my point, their original plans had to be pushed aside.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X