Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL credibility? lol...isn't part of the reason we now have GDA? Look, clubs are in a bind - they had to decide one way or the other with a few exceptions) and they're taking a gamble with either choice. The ones doing both are in a better position to hedge their bets, but still aren't quite sure how this will all play out. ECNL is in a fight for survival so don't expect everything to be 100% kosher
    ECNL is trying to launch the boys ENPL as well. They can't get rid of the girls clubs that are doing both ECNL and GDA because then they will not have a boys program. My prediction is the clubs who struggle with doing both girls DA and ECNL but perform well in the Boys ENPL, will keep both on the girls side

Comment

PDA, FC Stars and 13 other clubs were given the blessing to do both. All the others that were granted GDA status had to choose between both ECNL and DA. They cannot do both. Alby is basically funneling players from both ECNL teams to Fury. I blame ECNL for letting this happen. Hurts their credibility.

Given blessing by THEMSELVES - thats the point. They make up rules to suit the founder members. Every other member is hostage to the founders. They dont do things for the good of everyone - just a select few.

What credibility ?

ECNL allowed Albertson to break "rules" for years.

The ECNL are going to lose a significant number of Elite players in all age groups across the entire country.Its going to be interesting reading the social media spin they put on it.

Comment

Given blessing by THEMSELVES - thats the point. They make up rules to suit the founder members. Every other member is hostage to the founders. They dont do things for the good of everyone - just a select few.

What credibility ?

ECNL allowed Albertson to break "rules" for years.

The ECNL are going to lose a significant number of Elite players in all age groups across the entire country.Its going to be interesting reading the social media spin they put on it.
        What is interesting about social media spin for any of these leagues? It is tiresome at this point. We get it. These leagues are squabbling with each other and the soccer part is secondary. A players' purpose is what can they do for the club or league, not what the club or league can do for them.

Comment

What is interesting about social media spin for any of these leagues? It is tiresome at this point. We get it. These leagues are squabbling with each other and the soccer part is secondary. A players' purpose is what can they do for the club or league, not what the club or league can do for them.
          Pretty much yes. Power and money drives it all. Do what's best for your own kids, duck and cover while making your way through the gauntlet, hopefully emerging relatively unscathed on the other side

Comment

Pretty much yes. Power and money drives it all. Do what's best for your own kids, duck and cover while making your way through the gauntlet, hopefully emerging relatively unscathed on the other side
            The gauntlet... love it! We need a knight in shining armor to get in here and fix this mess.

Comment

ECNL is trying to launch the boys ENPL as well. They can't get rid of the girls clubs that are doing both ECNL and GDA because then they will not have a boys program. My prediction is the clubs who struggle with doing both girls DA and ECNL but perform well in the Boys ENPL, will keep both on the girls side
              Boys ECNL is the league. The leagues contain many of the same clubs as the ECNL. ENPL is the tournament combining Boys ECNL and winners of various ENPL qualifying leagues

Comment

Will be interesting to see if USSF selects the best players to their NT pools, or if they only select players playing GDA.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if USSF selects the best players to their NT pools, or if they only select players playing GDA.
                  I think they'll draw from both until the GDA gets off the ground. I doubt they'll ever draw exclusively from the GDA.

Comment

I think they'll draw from both until the GDA gets off the ground. I doubt they'll ever draw exclusively from the GDA.
                    I disagree - they won't go exclusive right away but it will happen quick enough, probably in less than two years. They want to crush ECNL and pressuring NT potential players to move over is one way to do that

Comment

What do you think of boys ECNL program? Will this be much better than NPL?

Comment

What do you think of boys ECNL program? Will this be much better than NPL?
                        The short answer is it will take time. The initial clubs are the girls ECNL members whose boys teams are variable. It's just a new league for these existing clubs to play in. Over time more NPL and DAP kids will come aboard

Read more here

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=146809

Comment

I disagree - they won't go exclusive right away but it will happen quick enough, probably in less than two years. They want to crush ECNL and pressuring NT potential players to move over is one way to do that
                          Funny post. My kid IS an NT player. has not been pressured one bit. Trust me when I say the strong arming and pressuring tends to come from the ECNL side where INDIVIDUALS have more $$ at stake.

As far as future NT selection, of course they will favor GDA kids. They will have film on them, see them more often, spend more time with them- its only logical that they will select from the GDA.

Its a case of the devil they know .

Comment

Unless you are a top five player on a GDA go ECNL or your playing time will be minimal. There will be a lot of upset GDA players leaving mid season to go back to ECNL. Playing time will be a huge factor and no subs is a real issue.

Comment

Unless you are a top five player on a GDA go ECNL or your playing time will be minimal. There will be a lot of upset GDA players leaving mid season to go back to ECNL. Playing time will be a huge factor and no subs is a real issue.
                              Nothing wrong with that. May be a bit hard to move mid season though.

Comment

And players granted waivers for HS will see them rescinded for year 2 so they'll be looking to go back to ECNL as well. The turmoil isn't over quite yet

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X