Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Long Island SC GDa

Looks like website is finally up and running. Not a ton of detail yet

http://longislandsc.com/contact/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks like website is finally up and running. Not a ton of detail yet

http://longislandsc.com/contact/
Isn't that address LIJ Soccer Park? I know POB also has fields around there.

I'm not 100% sold on this but that is the Nassau / Suffolk border area so looks like PR and this org will be very close. Can't see 2 nationally competitive clubs so close. Going to be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Isn't that address LIJ Soccer Park? I know POB also has fields around there.

I'm not 100% sold on this but that is the Nassau / Suffolk border area so looks like PR and this org will be very close. Can't see 2 nationally competitive clubs so close. Going to be interesting.
Long Island SC will play in Nassau and Fury will play out in Suffolk. I am hearing out in Suffolk too, based on their agreement with USSDA. Question is will the Albertson girls travel to Smithtown or SB for trainings three days a week? We will see soon.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Obviously you are not in know about the practices
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Obviously you are not in know about the practices
Wonder the costs of GDA will be vs ECNL. GDA promised to be cheaper an rollout announcement. Not sure that will happen. Also curious of the costs of LISC vs Fury. Obviously not much info yet to share, but this could be a competitive issue at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Obviously you are not in know about the practices
I thought Fury was going to practice at St. Joseph's in Patchogue or possibly Brentwood. Is that accurate? or are there other locations they might use?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I thought Fury was going to practice at St. Joseph's in Patchogue or possibly Brentwood. Is that accurate? or are there other locations they might use?
Love how Larry is blasting the two GDA clubs on LI. He talks as if he knows what is going on. The hysterical thing is, the more he says the more he shows how out of touch with accurate information he really is. He is so frustrated by the lack of attention Surf is getting and to a lesser degree SUSA. Everything he has said about ECNL or GDA for the last year has been all fake news. Not surprising though, except to maybe about 2% of the soccer parents. It is fun to watch him fly off the handle.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks like website is finally up and running. Not a ton of detail yet

http://longislandsc.com/contact/
So it looks like LISC is off to another slow start...

GDA tryouts for U14 & U15 ONLY, all other age groups will be in the ever evolving EDP. Most other clubs have had their 1st (and some 2nd) round of tryouts, with another big push of tryouts to happen next week. LISC appears to be starting their tryouts in about 2 weeks from now...I guess they're looking to pick up players that didn't make Fury/Alby, EM or Susa!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So it looks like LISC is off to another slow start...

GDA tryouts for U14 & U15 ONLY, all other age groups will be in the ever evolving EDP. Most other clubs have had their 1st (and some 2nd) round of tryouts, with another big push of tryouts to happen next week. LISC appears to be starting their tryouts in about 2 weeks from now...I guess they're looking to pick up players that didn't make Fury/Alby, EM or Susa!
Yes, it seems like they haven't learned from last year and off to another shaky start. As I posted in the other thread, I don't see many of the "top" players considering them unless something drastic changes. The GDA itself is a harder sell (especially for the younger ages, when they don't need to specialize in soccer only yet) already, and LISC's track record and organization of it last year was horrible. The only things that might change things to really be something different is if they landed an amazing coach (i.e. a former WNT player, etc.) and/or they competed on price by offering fully (or mostly funded) programs.

At this point, I don't see any evidence of any of those changes being announced.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Edp vs, NPL, etc please clesr up cpnfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So it looks like LISC is off to another slow start...

GDA tryouts for U14 & U15 ONLY, all other age groups will be in the ever evolving EDP. Most other clubs have had their 1st (and some 2nd) round of tryouts, with another big push of tryouts to happen next week. LISC appears to be starting their tryouts in about 2 weeks from now...I guess they're looking to pick up players that didn't make Fury/Alby, EM or Susa!
Confusing they say there is going to be GDA and EDP (possibly national-divsion 2) for U14 girls.

What is the difference between girls EDP (national league division 2)vs Northeast NPL and vs NPL 1st division north. this is so confusing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.