Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Total crap. Blatant lies. Please do not believe this marketing hype.

NEFC, MPS and AZTEC are all far, far better than any number two team at Stars. And each of these clubs top teams get you to the big world of soccer in this country going to Vegas, Disney, PDA, Jefferson, etc.

ECNL rosers at Scorpions do not change much and most of the minimal change is attrition of players that tire of the focus.

ECNL rosters at Stars is a virtual revolving door. Top team at Stars has typically over the years U14 to U18 turned over 50% of the team. The sole exception is the current U19 team which was really the first Stars big time team.
    You misread my post. I did not say *Stars* was the club to flock to. You inferred it. I said clubs who offer the same high level of competition and coaching at their B team levels were the ones that should be looked at. Stars is not there yet in terms of what they produce with the exception of their GU15Athletics. But they have the infrastructure and coaching to get there at the other (younger) age groups and seem to be committed to providing high level competition to their second teams.

Comment

You misread my post. I did not say *Stars* was the club to flock to. You inferred it. I said clubs who offer the same high level of competition and coaching at their B team levels were the ones that should be looked at. Stars is not there yet in terms of what they produce with the exception of their GU15Athletics. But they have the infrastructure and coaching to get there at the other (younger) age groups and seem to be committed to providing high level competition to their second teams.
      Didn't the Stars loose a coach that was supose to be the best of the best mid season this spring? Who is replacing him? I heard they don't plan too so now the second tier team is going to have the A coach attend when he can. Sounds real Dedicated.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Unregistered
        this is great in theory, but very difficult to accomplish. there are typically only a few players even close to ready to make the jump to the A team, and if the a team carries a full roster, these players are unlikely to be moved up anyway.

the only situation where i see this sort of work is when geography is the factor that keeps a player on a b squad. players train with their area stars west, scorps west or nefc regional team, and move to the a team for games. Quote

I disagree that there is that much disparity in talent in every case which is why destination club Second teams should be marketed as a separate path (region1,etc) versus a significantly inferior path. Otherwise talented players (and there are some despite the B team status) will defect to nonECNL clubs simply because they can play on those clubs A teams immediately. (NEFC etc). Stars does a good job of keeping a few (but not all B teams competitive and provides them with the incentive to stay where they are despite the fact that they may never be called up. Scorpions, not do much. It would be interesting to hear how other states top contenders (PDA) handle their B teams. In order to truly grow a club you have to consistently produce top teams at every level so that each dominates their respective competitive venue and so that the negative connotation associated with being on the B team in these clubs is nearly nonexistent. This means college recruiting, coaching, etc are proven at these levels as well. When was the last time Stars or Scorpions or any of the top 3 for that matter put their second team names on the college commitment list. If the answer is never---that is sad, because there are likely a few in the ranks who have the talent to be there but are overlooked because of team label OR because the club is so caught up in the ECNL propaganda that they don't feel it necessary to highlight the achievements of those who do not play ECNL. Not every ECNL kid will get into D1 or D2 colleges and conversely not every B teamer will be denied the opportunity despite the team label.
        9 of the kids on the commitment list for Stars are from their second teams U18 United or Stars West. Not a huge percentage given the length of that list, but there are a few. I agree though, there are probably more who belong there, and more should get there IF Stars is commmitted to making their stated goals-- as shown in the original post---a reality.

Comment

Didn't the Stars loose a coach that was supose to be the best of the best mid season this spring? Who is replacing him? I heard they don't plan too so now the second tier team is going to have the A coach attend when he can. Sounds real Dedicated.
          Wrong.

Comment

Stars did lose JW during the Spring season who returned to the UK. Not being replaced but other coaches from within will be taking the teams he had. No secret that all Stars coaches have a good idea of all the teams so I do not see any problems with this.

Comment

Stars did lose JW during the Spring season who returned to the UK. Not being replaced but other coaches from within will be taking the teams he had. No secret that all Stars coaches have a good idea of all the teams so I do not see any problems with this.
              Wow so they get to start all over again. Having a good idea of all the teams does not translate into knowing what your doing or which kids are starters. Sounds like it should be a great fall for a few of the B teamers trying to prove themselfs again.

Comment

9 of the kids on the commitment list for Stars are from their second teams U18 United or Stars West. Not a huge percentage given the length of that list, but there are a few. I agree though, there are probably more who belong there, and more should get there IF Stars is commmitted to making their stated goals-- as shown in the original post---a reality.
                Frantic + company are so well.....frantic.

Complain because Stars doesn't list anything other than A team ECNL commits. When that is proven wrong, complain because Stars didn't get enough B and C team players committed to colleges. The entire top team is committed. As many or more Stars 2nd + 3rd team players are committed as any Club's first team not named Scorpion. Yet this is still not good enough. Crikey. What next, Frantic? You expect the entire ECNL squad to start for various youth national teams, or do they all need to wear the new USA red hoops?

You certainly set high standards for a club you hate so vehemently.

Comment

Complain because Stars doesn't list anything other than A team ECNL commits. When that is proven wrong, complain because Stars didn't get enough B and C team players committed to colleges. The entire top team is committed. As many or more Stars 2nd + 3rd team players are committed as any Club's first team not named Scorpion. Yet this is still not good enough. Crikey. What next, Frantic? You expect the entire ECNL squad to start for various youth national teams, or do they all need to wear the new USA red hoops?

I actually don't hate the club at all. I wish my kid played there. She (now U15) refused at U13 two years ago because she thought that the B team offer was not as good as her own A team (non ECNL club). And there was an ego issue that neither she or her parents (us) chose to deal with. (i.e., I don't want to be known as a B team player) Regret and hindsight is always 20/20. Based on results going on in the club NOW with their B teams (GU15Ath, GU13Ath, GU12Ath) combined with the stated goals on their website--that's what I was speaking to when I said the club seems to be committed to competing in outstanding venues with their B teams. As to the college commits, my point was there are probably more B teamers committed than what Stars shows, and this will continue grow if the club remains committed to excellence at all levels in their program.

Comment

Wow so they get to start all over again. Having a good idea of all the teams does not translate into knowing what your doing or which kids are starters. Sounds like it should be a great fall for a few of the B teamers trying to prove themselfs again.
                    You're reaching. You know nothing about how this club operates. They all share office space. They talk to each other REGULARLY. Coaches sit in on each other's games on a regular basis. NOT as a substitute, but just because they want to know what's going on and some of them actually like each other. It is not a stretch for a coach of one team to know who the players are on another, and to have a really good feel for what the players are capable of. AND, it's not like JW leaving meant that he fell off the face of the earth. He left on good terms and is a phone call away if the new coach has any questions. They practice at the same facility, they play in some of the same tournaments, they fill in for each other. The coach who took over for JW U13 (upcoming U14) has been with the club for some time as a successful boys' coach and runs their residential camp. The coaches who took over JW U12 (upcoming U13) (and you'd know this if you actually researched before opening your mouth) are reknown in their given areas (Jaime Gilbert UNC Anson Dorrance player and HC of Brooks Academy Varsity soccer; and Matt Davison who is one of the best goal keeping coaches around).

Comment

The Stars B and C team combined don't come close to the commits for MPS or Aztec alone. You have no clue what you are talking about and have clearly had too much koolaid over the years.

There are some good players on Stars B team. Some have good college commitments. But the key word is some, in both cases.

Comment

The Stars B and C team combined don't come close to the commits for MPS or Aztec alone. You have no clue what you are talking about and have clearly had too much koolaid over the years.
                        I admit I enjoy colored sugar water. Very good stuff.

The last completed year of commitments, 2011, Stars had a full "b" Rover squad of 2010 and 2011 players, as well as a handful of "c" team United girls commit to colleges, which compares favorably to either Aztecs or MPSR. And as another poster reminded us, some of the younger ages look just as strong, especially to those of us experiencing a Kool-Aid sugar buzz.

Comment

I admit I enjoy colored sugar water. Very good stuff.

The last completed year of commitments, 2011, Stars had a full "b" Rover squad of 2010 and 2011 players, as well as a handful of "c" team United girls commit to colleges, which compares favorably to either Aztecs or MPSR. And as another poster reminded us, some of the younger ages look just as strong, especially to those of us experiencing a Kool-Aid sugar buzz.
                          DO you know the definition of Commit is not planning to go to college and are actually getting rostered to be on a team?

Comment

DO you know the definition of Commit is not planning to go to college and are actually getting rostered to be on a team?
                            HA HA, very true but some folks omit that little detail.

Comment

HA HA, very true but some folks omit that little detail.
                              All the 2010s are still playing.

Comment

From their website:

http://www.starsofma.org/Tryouts/Bre...s/index_E.html

Stars openly calls their Athletics the "second team" however it certainly doesn't read like second team expectations or competition, at least U13 and up. Do clubs really expect this much at that level? Daughter wants to leave our small club to go here and I am a little nervous at the commitment level
                                Yes, there is that much commitment. The problem with some players is that they stick their noses up at the B team connotation without doing their research on the coaching, the level of play, the competition and the team standings. They deserve what they get in the long run.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X