X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mr. Teabagger:

You have serious issues. If you want to get a good look at rifraf, you need to go no further than your nearest mirror.

Please try to ge the help you so desperately need.
    Thanks, but I prefer just to continue to drive people like you crazy. :D

Comment

You left out the most important part. She's from Braintree - lots of weird things happening there.

Comment

2008-09 stats for BTDT

First Yr Returning- Williams 97% FDU 71%

Grad in 4 Yrs - Williams 91.3% FDU 22.8%

Interesting that 19% Williams grads go to grad school directly vs 33% for FDU grads

apples to oranges?

Comment

Heard couple of interesting things from a D3 coach (excellent school, successful soccer program) last week. Practice begins after labs in PM. Only two away overnight games per season. "Academics come first" Pretty sure I heard it right.

Comment

Harvard PhD. IQ 180.
            Northeastern undergrad. Probably couldn't get in to Harvard......or NESCAC.....

Comment

2008-09 stats for BTDT

First Yr Returning- Williams 97% FDU 71%

Grad in 4 Yrs - Williams 91.3% FDU 22.8%

Interesting that 19% Williams grads go to grad school directly vs 33% for FDU grads

apples to oranges?
              Of course you mean 33% out of the 22%, right?

Comment

Of course you mean 33% out of the 22%, right?
                correct

Comment

I disagree. In both law and accounting GPA is relevant in obtaining that first job out of school.
                  Well, in law, they may ask your GPA for the first job, but when they do they but here's how it plays out:

Top 20 national law school-just don't be in the bottom 25% (unless you are determined to go to NYC, in which case they are looking for top 25% and law review editor. The rest of the country however, generally doesn't care)

Next 20 national law school--just don't be in the bottom 50%

Good regionally known school -- you better be in the top 25%, law review helps, and you need to stay in the area.

Anything else, good luck.

But after the first job, the name on the diploma still gets you in the door if its a top national school, but otherwise what have you done since then? On the other hand, if its not a top law school you first need to figure out how to get in the door.

Comment

Thanks, but I prefer just to continue to drive people like you crazy. :D
                    I love it when people like you rant and rave sour grapes all over this forum. Makes me hugely grateful for the good education and successful career that has blessed life. I read your stuff, think "stupid nasty broke person" heave a huge grateful sigh of relief that it's not me, and move on. It's awesome. Thank you. Spew on!

Comment

I love it when people like you rant and rave sour grapes all over this forum. Makes me hugely grateful for the good education and successful career that has blessed life. I read your stuff, think "stupid nasty broke person" heave a huge grateful sigh of relief that it's not me, and move on. It's awesome. Thank you. Spew on!
                      I'm with you. Nothing like trailer trash posts to give everyone else an instant superiority complex. Great stuff. This guy should definitely keep flaming.

Comment

You left out the most important part. She's from Braintree - lots of weird things happening there.
                        I'd love to hear FM's point of view on that crazy lady.

Comment

I'd love to hear FM's point of view on that crazy lady.
                          If he was part of the police response it would be very inappropriate to post it here- especially now the Delahunt is looking at if the DA may have dropped the ball.

Comment

If he was part of the police response it would be very inappropriate to post it here- especially now the Delahunt is looking at if the DA may have dropped the ball.
                            True, true, but I'd still like to know what happened there.

BTW Delahunt is on the Tea Party target list.

Comment

True, true, but I'd still like to know what happened there.

BTW Delahunt is on the Tea Party target list.
                              please kepp to the original topic BTDT where are you?!??

Comment

I love going at it with you folks. This particular discussion reminds me of the story of Marie Antoinette and her "let them eat cake" comment. Some of you are really clueless about what it takes to be successful in both athletics and academics at the same time. On top of that, you get so indignant when someone has different opinion or pokes at you a little. It is great. :)

I read TheProfessor's comments and honestly they really strike a chord in me. They remind me of many academic personalities that I have run across. They cite extraordinary people, like a Jack Kemp or his NBA player, and put them up as the profile of the real "student athlete". Their message is always "see it can be done" but fail to recognize the disconnect between their extraordinary example and the rank and file athlete. What they don't realize is that they end up creating false expectations that mere mortals can't live up to and then end up looking at those mortals as failures when they don't reach them. These are typically the type of professors that have no mercy, or respect, for the athlete's schedule and often seem to go out of their way refuse them any accommodation. They sure do, however, like to be known as a friend of the athletic programs and be invited their functions. Your kid's need to watch out for these types and stay out of their classes. They will grind them into pulp and look at it as character building. When it is all said and done they will shake their head and say your kid was not really a student.

Professor, just so we are clear, I share your admiration for the gifted and talented but don't see them as particularly relevant. For every Jack Kemp there are thousands of mere mortals. As far my tone, why do you think yours is any less "me centric". If you write with any conviction of course it is going to come across as opinionated. Isn't that what a forum is all about? This is no different than the coffee house. If you don't like the discussion, then don't sit at the table.

I look at IJustWannaHaveFun's comments and drop them into the clueless bin. These folks come across as though they have no idea what it takes to be successful. When you have folks like them out there, it is little wonder that coaches at all levels are bemoaning this generation of kid's lack of commitment. What I was taught was no matter what you do in life there is a price to be paid for success. What these folks don't realize, or have forgotten, is that the overwhelming majority of people who are successful in sports, and I suspect in life, are just plain hungry for it. Most successful athletes come from disadvantaged backgrounds and recognize that this may be the only shot they get in life. What I feel is that people like IJustWannaHaveFun fail to understand is that these are the kids that are setting the pace. It is not the kid who is balancing the violin with sports. While that kid is off at violin lessons the other kid is in the gym working out trying to get an advantage over them. Their perspective is that someone is going to win and someone is going to lose and they absolutely refuse to be the loser. There is nothing fair, wholesome, or selfless about it. It is, however, reality. It is the same way in academics. It should not be a stretch to realize that while other kids are off partying and getting the whole college experience, there is someone buried in the library stacks, studying. I suspect that many of the people who have written about their personal or academic success in this thread were actually a lot more focused on their studies than they might let on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X