Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast MLS Youth Academy

Son has a tryout this week with the 2006 Boys team. Any insight on the quality of the team and coaching? I'm hoping that they can compete/beat the non-MLS teams like the Bolts and Oakwood.

If we get an offer, I'll obviously be asking these types of questions.

Hearing that AR is going to be the head coach.

Thanks in advance!

My son plays for Seacoast MLS DA. They regularly beat the non-MLS teams and are competitive with the MLS sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My son plays for Seacoast MLS DA. They regularly beat the non-MLS teams and are competitive with the MLS sides.
      Ha, you’re funny

Comment

Son has a tryout this week with the 2006 Boys team. Any insight on the quality of the team and coaching? I'm hoping that they can compete/beat the non-MLS teams like the Bolts and Oakwood.

Thanks in advance!
        Don’t know anything about the 06 DA but we are involved with an older DA team. We have had and he is excellent. Excellent training and excellent game management. Good guy and the boys really like him. Highly recommend him!

I would hold your “questions” on can the team compete. DA is about development of your individual player. The level of play v amateur academies is much better than NPL and therefore a step up no matter how “good” the team is. Most Seacoast teams “compete” with the oakwoods And beachsides and empires and all the other amateur academies. Even though they struggle against an Impact for example, believe me , it’s worth it for their development. You are looking for individual improvements. If you see that - you will see team improvements.

If your kid is interested and they give him an invite - take it and commit fully. It will be well worth it. It’s a great experience. IMO

Comment

Don’t know anything about the 06 DA but we are involved with an older DA team. We have had and he is excellent. Excellent training and excellent game management. Good guy and the boys really like him. Highly recommend him!

I would hold your “questions” on can the team compete. DA is about development of your individual player. The level of play v amateur academies is much better than NPL and therefore a step up no matter how “good” the team is. Most Seacoast teams “compete” with the oakwoods And beachsides and empires and all the other amateur academies. Even though they struggle against an Impact for example, believe me , it’s worth it for their development. You are looking for individual improvements. If you see that - you will see team improvements.

If your kid is interested and they give him an invite - take it and commit fully. It will be well worth it. It’s a great experience. IMO
          ----
          On the flip side....our son did not do DA, played NPL, won a national title and is playing high level DI (as are 5 other members of his team). You do not have to buy the DA cool-aide from an 06 parent. Our family has been through it and I can tell you it will not make a bit of difference.

Comment

----
            On the flip side....our son did not do DA, played NPL, won a national title and is playing high level DI (as are 5 other members of his team). You do not have to buy the DA cool-aide from an 06 parent. Our family has been through it and I can tell you it will not make a bit of difference.
            Of course it makes a difference. How much is the question, and it's all relative.

Comment

Of course it makes a difference. How much is the question, and it's all relative.
              So you either coach for DA or a young DA parent who bought the hype. I just told you that my son's NPL team placed 4/5 kids in DI. That was NOT the case with the 2000 DA team, so what is the difference you speak of. (It is also true of the 99's, not sure about 01's). Please don't tell me you are a parent of an 07 because if so you know nothing.

Comment

So you either coach for DA or a young DA parent who bought the hype. I just told you that my son's NPL team placed 4/5 kids in DI. That was NOT the case with the 2000 DA team, so what is the difference you speak of. (It is also true of the 99's, not sure about 01's). Please don't tell me you are a parent of an 07 because if so you know nothing.
                I'm neither.

It's a known fact that the exposure to colleges is greater in DA/ECNL/MLS-type leagues. That isn't even a question. That also doesn't mean that's your only pathway, either. Everything about those leagues are "better", but I am in no way advocating that path. Just go into it that there may need to be extra work, but if it works for a family taking into account everything (costs, travel, trainings, team, etc.) take that path.

Don't be so defensive.

Comment

I wasn't aware Seacoast Boys had one an NPL title. Great for them. From what I have seen, I didn't have a great impression of them and from an NPL perspective, always considered GPS to be the better program.

What year did Seacoast Boys win an NPL National Title?

Comment

I wasn't aware Seacoast Boys had one an NPL title. Great for them. From what I have seen, I didn't have a great impression of them and from an NPL perspective, always considered GPS to be the better program.

What year did Seacoast Boys win an NPL National Title?
                    ----

I apologize, we were a GPS family, not a Seacoast family, I was not clear. The point that is lost on DA parents is that it is not the only route to good soccer. If your kid really has aspirations of playing college ball the right coach and the right situation is more important than DA, NPL, NEP, ECNL, etc.

Comment

----

I apologize, we were a GPS family, not a Seacoast family, I was not clear. The point that is lost on DA parents is that it is not the only route to good soccer. If your kid really has aspirations of playing college ball the right coach and the right situation is more important than DA, NPL, NEP, ECNL, etc.
                      I agree with your last statement, but it's a moot point now since GPS Boys are no longer.

And, to be clear, no DA parent thinks there is only one route to good soccer. I believe you are referring to ECNL Girls' parents.

Comment

I agree with your last statement, but it's a moot point now since GPS Boys are no longer.

And, to be clear, no DA parent thinks there is only one route to good soccer. I believe you are referring to ECNL Girls' parents.
                        Ouch - being a DA parent, I agree with everything you said about GPS and DA.

Comment

Thanks in advance!
                          When it comes to wins and losses, Seacoast 06 DA was/is a horrible team. (Their 05 team is very competitive and about to be even more dangerous)

http://seac.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=12088140

That aside, only Seacoast 06 DA parents can tell you if their boys are having fun and developing. Good luck.

Comment

When it comes to wins and losses, Seacoast 06 DA was/is a horrible team. (Their 05 team is very competitive and about to be even more dangerous)

That aside, only Seacoast 06 DA parents can tell you if their boys are having fun and developing. Good luck.
                            I wouldn't say they are a horrible team, look pretty middle of the road compared to other local DA teams. Last year, lost to Bolts, beat NEFC, and split with Oakwood...

Comment

What will make the 05 team even better? That is indeed a strong group and fun to watch.

Agree on the 06 team, a couple good players but horrible to watch as a collective.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X