•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensitive parents ;).

Comment

Sometimes A Smaller Club Is Better

Mass City is a small club. Their training sessions are about as well run as any at GPS, Bolts, etc., and I've been to almost every club's training session on the South Shore. They play at Union Point and they have ups and down like every other club in the NEP. I guess the point is, if your kid can enjoy playing with nice kids all while learning from good coaches who aren't so freaking INTENSE about everything, why not take a break from that nonsense and have some fun? Most of the kids are well-behaved and the parents aren't lunatics (for the most part). In the end, what are we hoping our kids get out of this: enjoyment or money? What is the most likely outcome of playing youth soccer? I would think most likely some enjoyment, friendships, and good habits. This system is not designed to create scores of superstars and New England is a backwater for soccer. So, relax, have some fun and take the pressure off.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Mass City is a small club. Their training sessions are about as well run as any at GPS, Bolts, etc., and I've been to almost every club's training session on the South Shore. They play at Union Point and they have ups and down like every other club in the NEP. I guess the point is, if your kid can enjoy playing with nice kids all while learning from good coaches who aren't so freaking INTENSE about everything, why not take a break from that nonsense and have some fun? Most of the kids are well-behaved and the parents aren't lunatics (for the most part). In the end, what are we hoping our kids get out of this: enjoyment or money? What is the most likely outcome of playing youth soccer? I would think most likely some enjoyment, friendships, and good habits. This system is not designed to create scores of superstars and New England is a backwater for soccer. So, relax, have some fun and take the pressure off.
        Basically your saying this club is like daycare you can drop your kid off and they can have fun for an hour?
        How about this why wouldn’t you just let your kid go outside and play with their friends? You could save some money.

Comment

Basically your saying this club is like daycare you can drop your kid off and they can have fun for an hour?
          How about this why wouldn’t you just let your kid go outside and play with their friends? You could save some money.
          That's not how I read it but I'm sure your kid is happy you living through him or her. God forbid a kid be happy playing soccer.

Comment

That's not how I read it but I'm sure your kid is happy you living through him or her. God forbid a kid be happy playing soccer.
            That's a super passive-aggressive response. Every time anyone says something bad about the club on TS (which is all the time about every club), you freak out and claim your kids are having fun but I live vicariously through mine. That's crap. A club can still stink even if the kids have fun, depending upon the club's stated objectives and what the players and parents are promised. Does Mass City advertise itself as a laid back rec program? Absolutely not, but that is about the quality and intensity level of their programming, so in m book the club absolutely stinks. Just my opinion and, no, I don't live through my kids -- they just happen to be at a far superior program and want much more from soccer than day care.

Comment

That's a super passive-aggressive response. Every time anyone says something bad about the club on TS (which is all the time about every club), you freak out and claim your kids are having fun but I live vicariously through mine. That's crap. A club can still stink even if the kids have fun, depending upon the club's stated objectives and what the players and parents are promised. Does Mass City advertise itself as a laid back rec program? Absolutely not, but that is about the quality and intensity level of their programming, so in m book the club absolutely stinks. Just my opinion and, no, I don't live through my kids -- they just happen to be at a far superior program and want much more from soccer than day care.
              Sure you don't. What do you know about their practices or the intensity?

Comment

Sure you don't. What do you know about their practices or the intensity?
                I live on the Hanover. I've seen the training. The club is a joke. It's like a daily cupcake party. Might as well buy a jumpy house and call it a perpetual b-day party. Your kids come out as future stars of their HS JV team until they get cut from that. Brutal.

Comment

I live on the Hanover. I've seen the training. The club is a joke. It's like a daily cupcake party. Might as well buy a jumpy house and call it a perpetual b-day party. Your kids come out as future stars of their HS JV team until they get cut from that. Brutal.
                  Hanover/Norwell line.

Comment

Not my experience with them but ok.

Comment

Someone's angry. What did Mass City do to you?

Comment

Someone's angry. What did Mass City do to you?
                        I see it as a poor value. Pretend you are like every other premier club but give less and care less, and move at a glacial pace. It is just a very watered down product. Might as well just play town soccer. Just being honest. Nothing personal.

Comment

I am obviously striking a nerve because a bunch of Mass City parents fly into action to defend their poor, crappy club that they have been bragging about out of pure ignorance. Obviously, it is true that ignorance is bliss.

Comment

I see it as a poor value. Pretend you are like every other premier club but give less and care less, and move at a glacial pace. It is just a very watered down product. Might as well just play town soccer. Just being honest. Nothing personal.
                            Haha. Not a Mass City parent just curious why you feel the need to post that. You just sound like you're angry at them and it's personal.

Comment

I am obviously striking a nerve because a bunch of Mass City parents fly into action to defend their poor, crappy club that they have been bragging about out of pure ignorance. Obviously, it is true that ignorance is bliss.
                              Her kid got cut right Karen ?

Comment

Yup, my kids play for them and that hasn't been my experience. Not sure why saying "not my experience with them but ok" is striking a nerve. You seem a little defensive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X