Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if the new GAL league isn't ready for the fall is SSS giving a refund for no fall season for all their top teams?
    Haha yah a refund of all their money they blindly gave to SSS

Comment

Haha yah a refund of all their money they blindly gave to SSS
      So reading all these quotes about SSS not sure why so much animosity towards the club? Yes its the most expensive club around but if parents are ok paying alot of money Im not sure how that affects the rest of us? Yes its an obscene amount money but people from Hingham and Cohasset have lots of money so let them spend it how they want. Im not mad if people want to spend their money on club soccer.

Comment

So reading all these quotes about SSS not sure why so much animosity towards the club? Yes its the most expensive club around but if parents are ok paying alot of money Im not sure how that affects the rest of us? Yes its an obscene amount money but people from Hingham and Cohasset have lots of money so let them spend it how they want. Im not mad if people want to spend their money on club soccer.
        Thanks Liz, of course you’re not mad parents are paying $7500 a year to play for your club.

Of course you’re not mad you gave a $300 credit and upped fees $400.

Of course you’re not mad these parents aren’t asking for refunds.

Comment

Bunch of bitter scorpions parents.

Comment

With the recent coaching additions at scorpions - there really is no doubt scorpions is the top club for girls soccer in south MA.

Comment

I just saw what my daughter went through and saw the value in it outside of just the soccer and was trying to help the other guy not beat himself over his kid quitting. Try not to be a complete DB next time.
              Is partial acceptable?

Comment

Select has some very strong teams so they must be attracting players from more than just Cohasset and Hingham. Where are they coming from?
                And the if clubs truly combined the best players, form 1 or 2 top teams from age group, how good could they be?
                Why is there not a better program for than ODP for forming a team of the best players at u13 up?
                I still believe there should be a state program that overrides the clubs for the top 18 per age from u13. It should be the goal for players, not club teams.

Comment

Select has some very strong teams so they must be attracting players from more than just Cohasset and Hingham. Where are they coming from?
                  And the if clubs truly combined the best players, form 1 or 2 top teams from age group, how good could they be?
                  Why is there not a better program for than ODP for forming a team of the best players at u13 up?
                  I still believe there should be a state program that overrides the clubs for the top 18 per age from u13. It should be the goal for players, not club teams.

ODP is not what it used to be. It's mainly for dads that want to brag that their daughters play ODP. I look at it this way.....why drive to Lancaster and all over the place for barely any exposure and bad soccer. Parents at my club just laugh and chuckle at the few dads that push their kids to waste their time doing ODP. I hear them complaining between each other how the competition stinks. Have at it though.

Comment

ODP is not what it used to be. It's mainly for dads that want to brag that their daughters play ODP. I look at it this way.....why drive to Lancaster and all over the place for barely any exposure and bad soccer. Parents at my club just laugh and chuckle at the few dads that push their kids to waste their time doing ODP. I hear them complaining between each other how the competition stinks. Have at it though.
                    I understand that. ODP has been a joke for ever, but we have yet to devise a better id program.
                    But in reality, we have a watered down system that rewards club teams, not the players.
                    There needs to be an outlet for the best 11 players per age, not best team. Why should we sprinkle talent about, some with less than stellar coaching.
                    An all-star team or 2 per age whose sole focus is to play other state all star teams, not club teams.
                    Lots of training, less matches and truly focus on the best.

Comment

Thanks Liz, of course you’re not mad parents are paying $7500 a year to play for your club.

Of course you’re not mad you gave a $300 credit and upped fees $400.

Of course you’re not mad these parents aren’t asking for refunds.
                      you can't say select is a waste of money? Just look at select's top teams. The U-littles U-11 through U-14's all have the best teams in the state hands down without question! It's not even debatable. The U-15's and up were very,very competitive in GDA and the U-15's won a National Championship last year. When you add great coaching the "$7500 a year to start with" doesn't seem like it's too much money.

Comment

What club is that? Please tell us all so we know what club not to have our kids play for because the parents are idiots.

My kid has been on an ODP team for the last 4 years and loved it. The team played a better style of soccer than her club team, has had excellent coaching and has been an integral part of her development. Every recruiting questionaire she has filled out has asked about participation, so college coaches still like to know. Her ODP coach from last year is now an assistant coach at a local D1 that my D has expressed interest in. Seems to me, ODP has done a great job and was worth the drive to Lancaster. For the record, she plays ECNL and it’s been her choice to prarticipate every year. Funny she has no problem changing club teams, but always comes back to ODP...

Comment

What club is that? Please tell us all so we know what club not to have our kids play for because the parents are idiots.

My kid has been on an ODP team for the last 4 years and loved it. The team played a better style of soccer than her club team, has had excellent coaching and has been an integral part of her development. Every recruiting questionaire she has filled out has asked about participation, so college coaches still like to know. Her ODP coach from last year is now an assistant coach at a local D1 that my D has expressed interest in. Seems to me, ODP has done a great job and was worth the drive to Lancaster. For the record, she plays ECNL and it’s been her choice to prarticipate every year. Funny she has no problem changing club teams, but always comes back to ODP...
                          I need to calibrate this response.

You are saying your kid plays in ECNL, and also ODP? And, ODP plays better soccer?

Honestly, if that isn't the most damning accusation about ECNL, then I don't know what is.

You spend over $3k for a program, and it doesn't even deliver enough that you have to go find something else to augment it? I believe the mention how ODP soccer is better, ECNL never really advocated for going heavy on the skills (they match the college game, which is the same).

It's like buying a pickup truck and then buying a trailer to put your trash cans in....

Comment

Funny she has no problem changing club teams, but always comes back to ODP...

Aaah, Club Hopper.

Yeah, ODP is the place for you then.

Comment

you can't say select is a waste of money? Just look at select's top teams. The U-littles U-11 through U-14's all have the best teams in the state hands down without question! It's not even debatable. The U-15's and up were very,very competitive in GDA and the U-15's won a National Championship last year. When you add great coaching the "$7500 a year to start with" doesn't seem like it's too much money.
                              Nice spin, but when Stars, Scorpions & NEFC are half the price, it just shows how ridiculous Select is.

Comment

That is certainly not true at U-14, it's at least debatable. I'd argue the NEFC team is consistently better, having watched both teams. and other teams in the the top 5 have been competitive and even beat them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X