Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to banish the big moneymaking clubs

With demise of GPS, i think it is one of the happiest days in USA soccer. Clubs like this are just moneymakers for the mgmt and give very little to the players for the money they cost. The next one that needs to go is Bolts with their exorbitant costs. It does not need to be costing kids this amount of money. There should be nobody where coaching is there full time job. wake up and do not pay any more that 1500 max. GPS parents now know the lies behind the owners and in time bolts and surf will find the same.

What are bolts charging now for an elite boys team - 3500?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2768514 There should be nobody where coaching is there full time job. .[/QUOTE]

What!?!?!? You don't think there should be a level of professionalism in youth sport coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        With demise of GPS, i think it is one of the happiest days in USA soccer. Clubs like this are just moneymakers for the mgmt and give very little to the players for the money they cost. The next one that needs to go is Bolts with their exorbitant costs. It does not need to be costing kids this amount of money. There should be nobody where coaching is there full time job. wake up and do not pay any more that 1500 max. GPS parents now know the lies behind the owners and in time bolts and surf will find the same.
        1500? Good luck with that one. Yup that's right, soccer clubs are moneymakers. That's the whole point of having a business. It's not going away either. No full time coaches? That sounds like a good idea. Eye roll. So you want coaches that spend less time on soccer? That's going to help the soccer situation in a big way. Not.

Comment

Now we know where Bernie went

Comment

What!?!?!? You don't think there should be a level of professionalism in youth sport coaching?
            At the very top, yes. But, come on. Most kids aren’t anywhere near that level.

Comment

At the very top, yes. But, come on. Most kids aren’t anywhere near that level.
              So, where/how do YOU draw that line? What age?

Comment

Football, basketball and baseball have a big advantage over soccer - loads of parents who played the sport themselves, often at high levels. That means far more volunteer parent coaches to help keep costs lower. More to chose from also helps weed out the bad ones. When I was on our travel board we were all but begging for parent coaches and many were terrible. Bad parent coaching also pushes families into club soccer much earlier than necessary.

Comment

Maybe prof coaches at very top top levels but when you see some of these guys and watch them, they are no better than coaches who grew up watching and playing soccer. You think BA would have been paid anything in Ireland

Comment

Are you the same lunatic that posted everything about GPS? Let's get one thing straight...GPS didn't fail because of you. They failed due to bad management and poor business decisions. Throw Covid in and they were in big trouble...just like any other business in the country right now. I am not a proponent of GPS. My kid never even tried out for GPS. But...1. A lot of innocent employees lost their jobs. Keep that in mind as you dance on GPS' grave, and 2. The Bolts are a good club. My kid did the Bolts NEP and ECNL for three years. Good experience. Tuition is not a lot of money ($2250 I think)

If you don't want be part of a big club...then DON'T. It's that simple.

Comment

Most of you don't have the slightest idea what it takes to be a coach. It's more than the sport. A lot more.

Comment

Doesn’t help that turf facilities are all rip off merchants!

Comment

Ok well they are businesses too. How are they “rip off merchants”? There is a need for fields, people pay them and so it goes. Go ahead, start a non profit turf field complex.

Comment

Free fields for everyone!!

Comment

Never a truer paragraph, the big clubs are exploiting rich parents who want nice uniforms and willing to pay now 4k+. My Son plays for the mighty bolts

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X