Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lucky I read this thread - we were just about to sign up with them, I guess we'll just play EDP then. or drive an hour plus to go the the Stars because I have no confidence that my kid will improve the team. Damm
    Just come to SSS.

Comment

In the end that’s what most players/parents care about what league the club plays in.
      That’s why select was trying so hard to get into ECNL or gda or what ever league is top beacuase they were losing older players to other clubs that played in higher leagues.
      OMG... how many times must I say this: 90% of players and 80% of parents don't give a **** about what league they play in! They don't even know the difference between these leagues.

Comment

OMG... how many times must I say this: 90% of players and 80% of parents don't give a **** about what league they play in! They don't even know the difference between these leagues.
        Yeah I think your a bit out of touch, My daughter and over 90% of the kids I know do in fact care and not for the reason you'd probably assume. It's boring and not worth the time to train and drive sometimes 1:45 minutes to a game, if the games aren't competitive. If you are talking about the younger age kids, say through U12 then sure I agree with you but past that, i think your wrong at least at the "mid to high" level of players. It shouldn't be like this, there really are enough soccer players within this state alone to form a competitive club league at the multiple levels of play, but I don't have the power/expertise it would take to change that. Just dealing with the landscape as it is, and doing the best we can with it.

Comment

Yeah I think your a bit out of touch, My daughter and over 90% of the kids I know do in fact care and not for the reason you'd probably assume. It's boring and not worth the time to train and drive sometimes 1:45 minutes to a game, if the games aren't competitive. If you are talking about the younger age kids, say through U12 then sure I agree with you but past that, i think your wrong at least at the "mid to high" level of players. It shouldn't be like this, there really are enough soccer players within this state alone to form a competitive club league at the multiple levels of play, but I don't have the power/expertise it would take to change that. Just dealing with the landscape as it is, and doing the best we can with it.
          Are you saying that if I walk into a field today and ask any 14 year old what is the difference between the NEP, EDP, ECNL, NPL, CCL... they can actually answer this? While at it, I will go over to the parents and do the same... and again they will also accurately describe the differences? After all, if they care as you say, they should be able to describe the differences. If they do, then you are absolutely correct... I'm completely out of touch.

Comment

Are you saying that if I walk into a field today and ask any 14 year old what is the difference between the NEP, EDP, ECNL, NPL, CCL... they can actually answer this? While at it, I will go over to the parents and do the same... and again they will also accurately describe the differences? After all, if they care as you say, they should be able to describe the differences. If they do, then you are absolutely correct... I'm completely out of touch.
            I completely agree with you. Very small percentage of players/parents out there that know or care about this.

Comment

If you walked on to a field of higher level U14 players at NEFC, SSS, Stars, or Scorpions, those kids would absolutely know the difference between ECNL, GA, ECNLR, NPL, NEP... kids on a 3rd or 4th team at these clubs? Maybe not (although you might be surprised). But to say that kids and parents don’t know and can’t describe the differences between these leagues is just incorrect.

Comment

No I'm not saying that, not to that level, so perhaps I misread your intention. What I will say though is that the more competitive kids would be able to make that connection and be able to discern that ECNL/DA teams represented higher level competition in tournaments and also be able to compare their experience of their U14 NPL with their U!3 NPL season when the DA teams were present. Since that split affected the NEP all the way down the line, I would expect more than 10-20% of kids to understand why that happened or at least care enough to ask the question. As far as knowing the alphabet soup of leagues popping up this year, I don't think anyone really understands it enough to say what league will represent what level of competition so I wouldn't expect a 14 yr old to know that, but if they weren't able to get on an ECNL/GAL team I would expect them to want the parent to help them figure it out, pros and cons and all that so they team/league they are in would be competitive and fun. So they at least care, and maybe that's not most of the kids, but its more than 10-20%. IMO anyway

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X