Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a coach can make every kid good enough to play DI in college?
    If you’re taking credit for getting the kids all these scholarships then I guess the program is that good...don’t just shift the argument when it’s convenient...oh, this one went D1 because of a strong club, but this one is terrible because the kids no good...A good program develops each kid to their max potential, and some have higher ceilings...but that has little to do with FC Stars as a program. I mean, usually they poach teams anyway, so not even sure how much development they actually do vs just being good recruiters...

Comment

Too many obnoxious people talking about scholarships...99.5% of the soccer kids in the state will not get a penny.
      For those 99% go with the club that makes sense. One club will yank your chain and tell you they want you're kid on team generic but they can train with EYDP / NPL team and maybe play some games, meanwhile they will never sniff a practice let alone ride the bench in a game.

Comment

Too many obnoxious people talking about scholarships...99.5% of the soccer kids in the state will not get a penny.
        For those 99% go with the club that makes sense. One club will yank your chain and tell you they want you're kid on team generic but they can train with EYDP / NPL team and maybe play some games, meanwhile they will never sniff a practice let alone ride the bench in a game.
        Or be like my kid. Train up year after year and get told she's so improved and almost ready to move up....and then someone new comes along and she's stuck on the B team forever.

Comment

Just deposited my $423.75 FC Stars of NH refund check for the spring 2020 season (25% of $1695). I had to urgently decide my refund option by May 17th so a check could arrive in my mailbox on July 20th.

Comment

I am disputing this as “full rides” don’t really happen. Only men’s football and men’s and women’s basketball.
            Division 1 Athletic scholarships for women’s soccer are given and in varying percentages of anywhere from 25-75% off tuition and room and board. It often varies per year as well with more off later years than freshman.

So whomever told you their kid got a “full ride” is lying.
            I do know one former club soccer player (World Cup then NEFC NH) who graduated in 2019 who received a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. According to https://www.westpoint.edu/admissions the scholarship covers free tuition, room, board, medical & dental insurance plus a monthly stipend of $1150 that pays for books, laptop computer, clothing, haircuts, entertainment etc. Now that's a full ride!

Comment

I do know one former club soccer player (World Cup then NEFC NH) who graduated in 2019 who received a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. According to https://www.westpoint.edu/admissions the scholarship covers free tuition, room, board, medical & dental insurance plus a monthly stipend of $1150 that pays for books, laptop computer, clothing, haircuts, entertainment etc. Now that's a full ride!
              and military service academies are the exception because they are not limited by the NCAA numbers cap / counters for their athletics...

Public / Private institutions rarely give full rides because the counters limits for the NCAA make it very difficult to hand out "full rides" unless you are a total stud in soccer.

Comment

and military service academies are the exception because they are not limited by the NCAA numbers cap / counters for their athletics...

Public / Private institutions rarely give full rides because the counters limits for the NCAA make it very difficult to hand out "full rides" unless you are a total stud in soccer.
                Additionally, your implying he got a full ride from Soccer. So his great grades, testing scores, non-sports awards, recommendations and ROTC (or like) activities did not factor into the FULL ride???

Comment

Additionally, your implying he got a full ride from Soccer. So his great grades, testing scores, non-sports awards, recommendations and ROTC (or like) activities did not factor into the FULL ride???
                  Dad, we talked about this!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X