Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the top GPS team cost a family per year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or....you could pick up the phone, call the GPS and ask someone there, instead of relying on other parents to do your due diligence for you.
    Can GPS people break down travel costs for me as well?

Comment

Yes, maybe I would call "the GPS" whatever that means, but nobody answers the phone "at the GPS" because everybody is hiding from ICE and worried about the next raid on their office. That includes the poor coach that typed the post I'm responding to. Clearly he was trembling with fear while typing, which caused him to miss some words. Poor fella. Since they no longer are available to pick up the phone at the most dysfunctional soccer office on the planet, I thought I would pose my question here on TS... next best thing, right?

Or....you could pick up the phone, call the GPS and ask someone there, instead of relying on other parents to do your due diligence for you.

Comment

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the GPS people are particularly defensive and nasty these days? Jeesh.

Comment

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the GPS people are particularly defensive and nasty these days? Jeesh.
          How do we know who is and who is not a 'GPS' person? I can tell you we have had a good experience with GPS for both our players. Now I will get flamed and asshats will say I work for GPS, but whatever. How much does it cost, well based on travel it varies. let's go with $4k including uniform, on par with Bolts, NEFC, etc.. Now tournaments, that is up to you. Go to Potomac and spend monry on flights and hotel for the family or send your kid, two different costs. Sure you can go to 3-4 away events and spend $1500 each or just send your kid if you can not afford that. So let's say we go $4k plus $6k in tournaments if the family goes...Tell me how NEFC or Bolts is cheaper?

Comment

Yes, maybe I would call "the GPS" whatever that means, but nobody answers the phone "at the GPS" because everybody is hiding from ICE and worried about the next raid on their office. That includes the poor coach that typed the post I'm responding to. Clearly he was trembling with fear while typing, which caused him to miss some words. Poor fella. Since they no longer are available to pick up the phone at the most dysfunctional soccer office on the planet, I thought I would pose my question here on TS... next best thing, right?
            Yawn.

Comment

How do we know who is and who is not a 'GPS' person? I can tell you we have had a good experience with GPS for both our players. Now I will get flamed and asshats will say I work for GPS, but whatever. How much does it cost, well based on travel it varies. let's go with $4k including uniform, on par with Bolts, NEFC, etc.. Now tournaments, that is up to you. Go to Potomac and spend monry on flights and hotel for the family or send your kid, two different costs. Sure you can go to 3-4 away events and spend $1500 each or just send your kid if you can not afford that. So let's say we go $4k plus $6k in tournaments if the family goes...Tell me how NEFC or Bolts is cheaper?
              This is a very truthful and honest answer. I have had two daughters go through the system and paid NEFC NEP, GPS NPL, and Stars ECNL. The sticker price of the club is irrelevant. The cost of the league relative to it's benefits is what mattered to us. NEP has little out of state travel, NPL plays mostly local and travels for regional showcases, and tourneys. ECNL travels for league and national showcases and finals.

NEP is the most affordable, and convenient. ECNL is most expensive due to travel costs for practice, games, and tournaments. It probably wasn't necessary, but I do think it was worth it given the exposure and college coach interest that immediately spiked upon joining ECNL. NPL lives in this weird middle ground were the costs and travel are closer to ECNL, but the exposure is closer to NEP.

Comment

This is a very truthful and honest answer. I have had two daughters go through the system and paid NEFC NEP, GPS NPL, and Stars ECNL. The sticker price of the club is irrelevant. The cost of the league relative to it's benefits is what mattered to us. NEP has little out of state travel, NPL plays mostly local and travels for regional showcases, and tourneys. ECNL travels for league and national showcases and finals.

NEP is the most affordable, and convenient. ECNL is most expensive due to travel costs for practice, games, and tournaments. It probably wasn't necessary, but I do think it was worth it given the exposure and college coach interest that immediately spiked upon joining ECNL. NPL lives in this weird middle ground were the costs and travel are closer to ECNL, but the exposure is closer to NEP.
                You had 2 girls play with 5 clubs...that's lame

Comment

You had 2 girls play with 5 clubs...that's lame
                  I counted 3 clubs

Comment

I think travel for a season is more around $5000.

But you can choose to drive instead of fly, lots of our familes do that. I don't cause I don't have the time. Hotels are generally $125/$150 per night. Getting to out of the way places and having to rent a car is pricey. We never take the whole family, one parent only ever.

Comment

I think travel for a season is more around $5000.

But you can choose to drive instead of fly, lots of our familes do that. I don't cause I don't have the time. Hotels are generally $125/$150 per night. Getting to out of the way places and having to rent a car is pricey. We never take the whole family, one parent only ever.
                      Travel at $5k is about right for a median number. NEP is 50% less, ECNL is 50% more, and a good NPL team that goes to Jeff Cup, CASL/NCFC, and NPL Finals and/or US Club National Cup is only slightly less than ECNL.

You’re right about driving and that works to about VA or maybe NC. Once you get beyond that, its just not feasible to drive to Orlando, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver or Indy. And she’ll probably want some sweatshirts, you’ll go to the team dinners, and hit the lobby bar. Easy to spend $2k per Showcase * 3 Showcases

Comment

It doesn’t cost enough as MH checks are bouncing.

Comment

The 13k estimate is way over what we’ve paid. Our figure would be closer to 9k, including 2 national tournaments for which you have to qualify , so if your kid isn’t fortunate enough to qualify for those the amount would obviously be less.

For us, this has definitely been worth it. The visibility on the top teams is terrific - 8 D1 commits on the top team this year.

Clearly, there are people who feel less satisfied with their GPS experience. Usually, those would tend to be parents on kids on lower level teams who might not have the best coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X