Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the league overall should be ok but NEFC will demolish every team in the league. I can't imagine it should be that much fun for their teams. I'd love to see some friendlies this fall between Stars and NEFC. Those are the 2 most successful clubs from U-14 and older in Massachusetts.
    What magic happened between this year and last that they are now going to demolish everyone?

Comment

I think the league overall should be ok but NEFC will demolish every team in the league. I can't imagine it should be that much fun for their teams. I'd love to see some friendlies this fall between Stars and NEFC. Those are the 2 most successful clubs from U-14 and older in Massachusetts.
      Because they poach players developed by other clubs.
      Maybe the quarantine and travel restrictions should apply in state—like play in your zip code?

Comment

Because they poach players developed by other clubs.
        Maybe the quarantine and travel restrictions should apply in state—like play in your zip code?
        My gawd I hope we never get to that much control over our lives.

Comment

What magic happened between this year and last that they are now going to demolish everyone?
          um.... maybe look at all the GDA's records from last year from GU-12-GU-19. It's very easy to do and see how NEFC dominated, especially against Northeast teams.

Comment

um.... maybe look at all the GDA's records from last year from GU-12-GU-19. It's very easy to do and see how NEFC dominated, especially against Northeast teams.
            Umm...I did. I looked at the GDA records and the U15-U16, I didn't see that.

U14 v Northeast (now GA) teams: 6 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss (GD +9)
            U15 v Northeast (now GA) teams: 4 wins and 5 losses (GD -11)
            U16 v Northeast (now GA) teams: 4 wins, 2 draws, 2 ties (+6)

U17/18 were undefeated; U19 do not matter as they are gone. No need to look at lower ages as results are irrelevant.

Hardly call that "domination".

Comment

Umm...I did. I looked at the GDA records and the U15-U16, I didn't see that.

U14 v Northeast (now GA) teams: 6 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss (GD +9)
              U15 v Northeast (now GA) teams: 4 wins and 5 losses (GD -11)
              U16 v Northeast (now GA) teams: 4 wins, 2 draws, 2 ties (+6)

U17/18 were undefeated; U19 do not matter as they are gone. No need to look at lower ages as results are irrelevant.

Hardly call that "domination".
              Now that is some good work! Good job. Good facts. If you throw in U-12 and U-13 record in pre DA where they both were dominant and the consensus #1 teams in Massachusetts then you only have 1 top team with a bad record.
              U-12, U-13, U-14, U-16, U-17/18 all were at the top or near the top.

That is 6 age groups with very strong records and just 1 team that struggled.You have to admit that is pretty impressive to say the least.

Comment

Now that is some good work! Good job. Good facts. If you throw in U-12 and U-13 record in pre DA where they both were dominant and the consensus #1 teams in Massachusetts then you only have 1 top team with a bad record.
                U-12, U-13, U-14, U-16, U-17/18 all were at the top or near the top.

That is 6 age groups with very strong records and just 1 team that struggled.You have to admit that is pretty impressive to say the least.
                Impressive, sure. Dominant? No. When you've got a GD just about equal to the number of games played, that tells me they are in the right spot.

Comment

Impressive, sure. Dominant? No. When you've got a GD just about equal to the number of games played, that tells me they are in the right spot.
                  wow 2 posters who actually agree with one another after not really at the beginning. To all posters: FACTS are a good thing!

Comment

NEFC didn't add much if any, Stars added a bunch of players which I assume means they will be much improved. It would be interesting if Stars caught up to NEFC at U14

Comment

NEFC didn't add much if any, Stars added a bunch of players which I assume means they will be much improved. It would be interesting if Stars caught up to NEFC at U14
                      did they lose girls to ECNL clubs?

Comment

did they lose girls to ECNL clubs?
                        Assume so, that seems to be the general theme on here. GDA clubs losing players and ECNL players getting bumped. If true, sounds like quality of ECNL could be better now.

Comment

Stars would need several really good girls to catch up to NEFC. That team is loaded.

Comment

Stars would need several really good girls to catch up to NEFC. That team is loaded.
                            Agree. Although Stars and SSS have strong teams both cant touch NEFC.

Comment

Been displaced by the current club climate? Come join select.

Who is in charge of their marketing, they do realize select have had a massive role in the current club climate. Using league play to leverage smaller clubs, players. Charging $5,000 a season. Increasing fees during a pandemic.

Liz Lima is a con artist and a devil.

Comment

Assume so, that seems to be the general theme on here. GDA clubs losing players and ECNL players getting bumped. If true, sounds like quality of ECNL could be better now.
                                Now? Was and always has been .... Still is by a landslide.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X