Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just watched a beautiful black kid from Iowa -- mind you, right in the middle of the current crisis -- explain with no hint of anger or resentment (amazing) how white folks at a baseball game told him to "go back to the fields" and "you should have been George Floyd." THAT is why there are protests. Or did you see protests across the nation BEFORE George Floyd, and the Georgia kid shot while jogging, or the Atlanta kid killed over falling asleep in a drive-thru???
    There are many tragedies. Wouldn't it be non-racist to list them all, including white unarmed people killed by white cops. Aren't those tragic as well? You do know there are more of those incidents than white on black.

Comment

I'm curious, since you're an educated black man who seems to think he is pretty sophisticated, what did you make of the very detailed arguments yesterday that blacks are genetically intellectually inferior?
      That's non-sense but there are many on this site alone that are saying something similar. That an educated black man is genetically politically inferior and can't possibly be a republican, for the police or a Trump supporter.

Comment

Except that it IS racist.

The only argument you are making is that blacks don't do as well in a white-constructed reality as whites do. Surprise, surprise. The absence of racism isn't about boosting blacks so that they can be more white. I assume you think that maybe, just maybe, if blacks had enjoyed comparable educations and were reading Shakespeare for the past 300 years that the alleged differences in intellectual testing might not be so different. Do you have a study showing the relative intellectual capacities between blacks raised in the projects in the Bronx versus whites in Appalachia?

Jaylen Brown went to college for one year. I would pay to watch him debate William Barr any day of the week.
        Do you understand statistical sampling? I’m thinking no. If you did, you would understand that the research I posted controlled for income and education across ethnicities... i.e. poor whites from appalachia still scored x higher than poor blacks from the Bronx and wealthy blacks from the suburbs still scored on average x points lower than wealthy whites. The data was clear with clusters around the averages I posted.

Your refutation that IQ testing and standardized tests like the SAT are white contructs that blacks will of course perform lower on is also false given that asians and latinos also take these same tests in the US and that IQ tests have been done globally, across many other ethnicities in many other countries and so control for cultural differences.

It’s actually quite alarming that so many can’t accept this research and begin to look to solve for the problems in black America it highlights. Instead, the research is blasted as racist and anyone who supports it is racist and everyone continues to look for solutions to problems that don’t exist.

The race hustlers have sold you down the river without a paddle. I imagine with a concerted effort in furthering education and achievement, that within a few generations blacks in America could be on par with the other ethnicities in IQ, academic achievment and economic achievement, but that would require a complete rewrite of your current culture and family values. Instead of reparations, you should be asking for a fund to send every black child who tests high enough to private schools and on to college and job placement at Fortune 500 companies. This isn’t affirmative action, rather like a scholarship fund. Then vocational training for those who don’t have the academic chops, so they can begin to form a middle class base.

This to me is a likely solution. What BLM and the race baiters want, is more of the same and won’t move the needle. Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime...

Comment

That's non-sense but there are many on this site alone that are saying something similar. That an educated black man is genetically politically inferior and can't possibly be a republican, for the police or a Trump supporter.
          The study wasn’t about individuals, who could easily score higher (or lower). It was in aggregate across a large data segment. You may be quite intelligent and score quite highly, but you are a statistical outlier in the larger population.

If you haven’t read The Bell Curve, I suggest you do. If for no other reason than to give you another perspective on why blacks in America may be struggling economically. Racism may be a problem, or it may not be... it may be just the ugliest problem among many issues and that detracts attention from the others.

Comment

The study wasn’t about individuals, who could easily score higher (or lower). It was in aggregate across a large data segment. You may be quite intelligent and score quite highly, but you are a statistical outlier in the larger population.
            If you score quite highly you are a statistical outlier in any population, regardless of race.

If you haven’t read The Bell Curve, I suggest you do. If for no other reason than to give you another perspective on why blacks in America may be struggling economically. Racism may be a problem, or it may not be... it may be just the ugliest problem among many issues and that detracts attention from the others.
            Sigh. If you have read the Bell Curve and don't understand what's in it, I suggest you get more educated so you do. You may gain some perspective on why your argument makes no sense.

Comment

Instead as skipping over that as fast as possible, maybe it deserved more attention, especially given the post right after yours that is truly frightening that people can be that distorted and brainwashed.

Comment

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2020/ibr...in-humanities/

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and read one of his books. Then report back to us.
                Ok. Read it. It’s sucks. Nothing else to report

Comment

There are many tragedies. Wouldn't it be non-racist to list them all, including white unarmed people killed by white cops. Aren't those tragic as well? You do know there are more of those incidents than white on black.
                  So go protest.

Just because there are more in number doesn't mean blacks aren't disproportionately effected, because they are. And it isn't just about fatal police encounters but the entire system top to bottom

Comment

If you score quite highly you are a statistical outlier in any population, regardless of race.

Sigh. If you have read the Bell Curve and don't understand what's in it, I suggest you get more educated so you do. You may gain some perspective on why your argument makes no sense.
                    That book should not be held up as any kind of standard. It is you who could use some perspective

"The Bell Curve” endorses prejudice by virtue of what it does not say. Nowhere does the book address why it investigates racial differences in IQ. By never spelling out a reason for reporting on these differences in the first place, the authors transmit an unspoken yet unequivocal conclusion: Race is a helpful indicator as to whether a person is likely to hold certain capabilities. Even if we assume the presented data trends are sound, the book leaves the reader on his or her own to deduce how to best put these insights to use. The net effect is to tacitly condone the prejudgment of individuals based on race.

And “Bell Curve” readers will apply this racial data indeed. After all, data is white hot these days—for the very reason that it drives better per-person decisions. I myself work in the big data area; I founded Predictive Analytics World, an international conference series that propels the deployment of data science across sectors. Organizations are leveraging data to better decide whom to mail, approve for a loan, investigate, incarcerate, set up on a date, or medicate...

Insights from data might serve you personally as well, deciding whom to trust, befriend, hire, rent to, or even marry. But there's a name for it if you were to base such decisions on a person's race or other protected class. And this label applies even if you interpret racial trends to stem entirely from environmental factors (rather than buying into the problematic claim that there's a genetic component). The practice is called prejudice...

..Judging by way of category is the epitome of dehumanizing. It curtails the individual's opportunities and livelihood, and contributes to what is often a self-fulfilling, systematic cycle of disadvantage for an entire group. It also curtails the prejudger's potential to wholly evaluate a person as an individual by his or her prior behavior, choices, and character. This is why the term "civil rights" has a nice ring to it and "bigotry" does not.

Strangely, "The Bell Curve" falsely promises that it will recommend specific uses for these racial trends in the form of public policies. If you weather the storm and make it through this lengthy book, you'll find that, by the end, it has never done so.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...he-bell-curve/

Comment

That book should not be held up as any kind of standard. It is you who could use some perspective

"The Bell Curve” endorses prejudice by virtue of what it does not say. Nowhere does the book address why it investigates racial differences in IQ. By never spelling out a reason for reporting on these differences in the first place, the authors transmit an unspoken yet unequivocal conclusion: Race is a helpful indicator as to whether a person is likely to hold certain capabilities. Even if we assume the presented data trends are sound, the book leaves the reader on his or her own to deduce how to best put these insights to use. The net effect is to tacitly condone the prejudgment of individuals based on race.

And “Bell Curve” readers will apply this racial data indeed. After all, data is white hot these days—for the very reason that it drives better per-person decisions. I myself work in the big data area; I founded Predictive Analytics World, an international conference series that propels the deployment of data science across sectors. Organizations are leveraging data to better decide whom to mail, approve for a loan, investigate, incarcerate, set up on a date, or medicate...

Insights from data might serve you personally as well, deciding whom to trust, befriend, hire, rent to, or even marry. But there's a name for it if you were to base such decisions on a person's race or other protected class. And this label applies even if you interpret racial trends to stem entirely from environmental factors (rather than buying into the problematic claim that there's a genetic component). The practice is called prejudice...

..Judging by way of category is the epitome of dehumanizing. It curtails the individual's opportunities and livelihood, and contributes to what is often a self-fulfilling, systematic cycle of disadvantage for an entire group. It also curtails the prejudger's potential to wholly evaluate a person as an individual by his or her prior behavior, choices, and character. This is why the term "civil rights" has a nice ring to it and "bigotry" does not.

Strangely, "The Bell Curve" falsely promises that it will recommend specific uses for these racial trends in the form of public policies. If you weather the storm and make it through this lengthy book, you'll find that, by the end, it has never done so.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...he-bell-curve/
                      Thank you. I take back 80% of what I said before in my initial responses to you.

The following is the kind of thing I would like to hear from thoughtful conservatives and especially from the President of the United States.

For instance, with Trump's Mt Rushmore speech (and the one on July 4th), he could have taken the stand that he took appealing to his base while also showing very demonstrably that he hears the cries for justice and the need for substantial reforms in this country. He could have said very clearly and loudly "I hear you" and "I vow to work hard on these issues and consult with civil rights leaders around the country" while also making an impassioned statement about history, preserving history, not blindly destroying monuments and property, using legislative means to decide on certain monuments and symbols, expressing support for how Mississippi handled their flag issue (similar to what Nikki Haley did in South Carolina), he could have made a genuine plea of concern about urban violence that didn't come across like just a knee-jerk "what about this" in slamming Dems and cities and offered to help in a way that felt helpful instead of patriarchal....and if he was really generous, he could have vowed to establish bipartisan issues like systemic racism and the like. And he could have been truly Presidential by apologizing for birtherism and vowing to do better going forward. In other words, even with differences, he could have vowed to be a President for ALL Americans. Doesn't mean I personally would vote for him, but certainly he could take a lot of steam out of the crusades against him and out of he media.

Comment

Even Republican ****bag McConnell is wearing a mask and stating everyone should. Only Fake says no. Dumbphuque Fake supporters impressed ??

BTW, How do morons post here when you have to answer:
                        YOU SHOULD WEAR A
                        You just like like Fake, right?

Comment

Thank you. I take back 80% of what I said before in my initial responses to you.

The following is the kind of thing I would like to hear from thoughtful conservatives and especially from the President of the United States.

For instance, with Trump's Mt Rushmore speech (and the one on July 4th), he could have taken the stand that he took appealing to his base while also showing very demonstrably that he hears the cries for justice and the need for substantial reforms in this country. He could have said very clearly and loudly "I hear you" and "I vow to work hard on these issues and consult with civil rights leaders around the country" while also making an impassioned statement about history, preserving history, not blindly destroying monuments and property, using legislative means to decide on certain monuments and symbols, expressing support for how Mississippi handled their flag issue (similar to what Nikki Haley did in South Carolina), he could have made a genuine plea of concern about urban violence that didn't come across like just a knee-jerk "what about this" in slamming Dems and cities and offered to help in a way that felt helpful instead of patriarchal....and if he was really generous, he could have vowed to establish bipartisan issues like systemic racism and the like. And he could have been truly Presidential by apologizing for birtherism and vowing to do better going forward. In other words, even with differences, he could have vowed to be a President for ALL Americans. Doesn't mean I personally would vote for him, but certainly he could take a lot of steam out of the crusades against him and out of he media.
                          Crickets again.

How timely to see this morning that Trump is blasting NASCAR for getting rid of the Confederate flag. That was done the right way with no rioting or violence. On what planet does the President of the United States bash NASCAR for this decision. A perfect example of how Trump could be more unifying and makes an out of his way conscious effort to be as divisive as possible. Disgusting....and disqualifying.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/donald-...131824544.html

Comment

So go protest.

Just because there are more in number doesn't mean blacks aren't disproportionately effected, because they are. And it isn't just about fatal police encounters but the entire system top to bottom
                            If you want to avoid “ the entire system top to bottom” , stay out of the system.
                            Don’t break the Law. Pretty simple.

The root cause of those exposed to “ the system” begins with their own behavior as individuals and as a community.

Sadly, many children where killed this past weekend. Not by” the system” None of the dead children Died by” fatal Police encounters”

Comment

Crickets again.

How timely to see this morning that Trump is blasting NASCAR for getting rid of the Confederate flag. That was done the right way with no rioting or violence. On what planet does the President of the United States bash NASCAR for this decision. A perfect example of how Trump could be more unifying and makes an out of his way conscious effort to be as divisive as possible. Disgusting....and disqualifying.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/donald-...131824544.html
                              This is Trump flailing. He has nothing to run on at this point besides law and order. Trying to rile up his base. You know, the group that claims that it's the democrats that are trying to divide our country.

Comment

Fake white terrorists vandals desecrate Arther Ashe statue in VA. Fake Phuquewit racist shltbags impressed?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X