Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son decided not to tryout yesterday and I got a voicemail and a text within ten minutes of each other about a half hour after their tryouts ended and then an email this morning asking about him. Felt like a bit much to me.
    how dare they follow up with someone who registered and showed interest! If they didnt reach out, I'd imagine youd be angry at that too

Comment

You don’t think reaching out three times, three different ways within twelve hours is excessive? I mean, give me a chance to get back to you!

Comment

Someone from NEFC told my kid’s current coach that he was trying out. NOT happy!
        I bet you're from the Stars. lol

Comment

I honestly don't know where these rumors come from. I went to almost every practice and did not hear any F-bombs or constant screaming. I think my kid has thick skin regardless as I have always told him that he would have different types of coaching styles throughout his playing days.
          100% true. The playing style is dictated by the USSF, not kick and run. These games are all recorded on tape and coaches are not allowed to give instruction from the bench.

Comment

100% true. The playing style is dictated by the USSF, not kick and run. These games are all recorded on tape and coaches are not allowed to give instruction from the bench.
            You obviously have not been to a game or had a kid on CB’s DA teams. His style is yelling constantly from the bench. Very defensive soccer and very direct on offense. This is ok in some circumstances but doesn’t result in talented soccer players.
            Look at the track records of the players he claims to have sent to Revs. Very few last due to lack of skill.

Comment

You obviously have not been to a game or had a kid on CB’s DA teams. His style is yelling constantly from the bench. Very defensive soccer and very direct on offense. This is ok in some circumstances but doesn’t result in talented soccer players.
              Look at the track records of the players he claims to have sent to Revs. Very few last due to lack of skill.
              Soccer is made of 2 components: Technic and Tactic.
              CB's focus only on Technic
              In the past 3 years, with CB as a coach, we had zero tactical discussion or guided scrimmage! I believe the kids got one video session to discuss positioning.
              CB also reinvented soccer: don't shoot the ball to the goal... just stop it on goal line.. I would dare you improve your shooting skills!!!!

Comment

Yep! Thankfully they still have a few good coaches at the top levels (ie, TH).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X