Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast Boys MLS/DA

Any insight on their program? My son just received a U14 offer but, to be honest I don't know much about them.

Would love to have some info on their coaching philosophy, player development and college placement of their U18s.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any insight on their program? My son just received a U14 offer but, to be honest I don't know much about them.

Would love to have some info on their coaching philosophy, player development and college placement of their U18s.
    We know who you are .... stop asking questions or we will rescind the offer! Send in your check!

-SC Mgt

Comment

Where is the seacoast mls team playing out of?

Comment

I can speak directly from the girls side, but indirectly from the boys side as I know some of the coaches.

I won't say they are the best club in New England from a pure talent perspective. Where they are located, that's the reality. However, they are generally pretty competitive across their platforms. Their boys' teams have more successes when looking at W/Ls normally, but some age groups are much better than others.

One thing that is relatively unique is they don't stand in the way of a player looking to higher pastures. They have encouraged boys to move to the Revs, or even to an MLS club out West, if that's what is best for the player.

We find the training and coaching excellent. They try to provide a full experience, whether that be challenging trainings, group activities, asking for your time for charities/volunteering, video reviews, fitness, etc.

Again, if you are looking at this from a pure W/L perspective, results may vary. For us, from a soccer player development perspective, we have had zero complaints

Comment

I can speak directly from the girls side, but indirectly from the boys side as I know some of the coaches.

I won't say they are the best club in New England from a pure talent perspective. Where they are located, that's the reality. However, they are generally pretty competitive across their platforms. Their boys' teams have more successes when looking at W/Ls normally, but some age groups are much better than others.

One thing that is relatively unique is they don't stand in the way of a player looking to higher pastures. They have encouraged boys to move to the Revs, or even to an MLS club out West, if that's what is best for the player.

We find the training and coaching excellent. They try to provide a full experience, whether that be challenging trainings, group activities, asking for your time for charities/volunteering, video reviews, fitness, etc.

Again, if you are looking at this from a pure W/L perspective, results may vary. For us, from a soccer player development perspective, we have had zero complaints
          Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like all clubs are more than happy to let their players move over to the Revs, well except the Bolts. lol

Comment

So your kid got a random offer....ok

Comment

My son plays for on a Seacoast MLS-DA team at the older ages. They play their home matches in Epping. We've been happy with the coaching. Not that licensing is everything...but they are all highly credentialed and experienced. And it's true that they will push your son on to the Revs or other MLS team if they warrant it. As far as competitiveness, Seacoast beats a lot of the non-MLS DA teams but will often struggle against the Revs, NYFC, etc.. My son's team would beat good ECNL, NPL squads 8/10 times

Comment

We have been in the program many years. Happy to answer any question. Who reached out to give the offer? What coach will you have? I know they are some changes. Curious why you didn’t call and discuss coaching the philosophy directly. They have always been extremely transparent with us. Let me know how happy to answer questions with the above context.

Comment

So your kid got a random offer....ok
                  Why do you care how he got the offer? Your kid stuck in NEP?

Comment

Don’t join, seacoast was a horrible experience for both my son and daughter.

Club is in massive debt too

Comment

We have been in the program many years. Happy to answer any question. Who reached out to give the offer? What coach will you have? I know they are some changes. Curious why you didn’t call and discuss coaching the philosophy directly. They have always been extremely transparent with us. Let me know how happy to answer questions with the above context.
                      AR will be coaching his team. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

AR will be coaching his team. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X