Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls DA

With 10 games under their belt, I think it is fair to say that the SUSC DA program is off to a solid start.

U16/17 Team is doing ok (3-6-1) in their first 10. Offense is solid but their GK situation and lack of depth on defense needs to be addressed. -10 goal diff. so far is not a good sign. Not sure the GK position is strong - seen some soft goals given up. The defense needs work on balls in the scoring 1/3 and angles are weak in open space.

U15 Team has been good and is sitting on the wild card playoff spot so far (5-4-0) 9 games in. Their mids are strong... their scoring needs a boost. Defense is solid and their GK is fair.

Your thoughts to this point????

- you left off the u14s who are 1-4-4. Club total 9-14-5
    - there's a long way to go between now and June playoffs. As they improve so do the others.
    - they're doing "ok" in a very mediocre division. Most of the wins are against the weaker teams. December nationals will be a wake-up call

Comment

P.S. talking about GKs is a douche thing to do. Tell your kid to play in that spot and see how it goes. Better, tell her to make fewer mistakes on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Selfie King View Post
        With 10 games under their belt, I think it is fair to say that the SUSC DA program is off to a solid start.

U16/17 Team is doing ok (3-6-1) in their first 10. Offense is solid but their GK situation and lack of depth on defense needs to be addressed. -10 goal diff. so far is not a good sign. Not sure the GK position is strong - seen some soft goals given up. The defense needs work on balls in the scoring 1/3 and angles are weak in open space.

U15 Team has been good and is sitting on the wild card playoff spot so far (5-4-0) 9 games in. Their mids are strong... their scoring needs a boost. Defense is solid and their GK is fair.

Haha ..... Fall is the JV league ..... The good kids return this week and next to teams all across the country .... See how they do from this point on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          P.S. talking about GKs is a douche thing to do. Tell your kid to play in that spot and see how it goes. Better, tell her to make fewer mistakes on the field.
          No horse in the race here but the OP is right, GK play for the u14 and u16 teams have been shaky. Three best GK in those age groups in NH don’t play DA. You would see them playing HS soccer at their local HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Talent Scout View Post
            No horse in the race here but the OP is right, GK play for the u14 and u16 teams have been shaky. Three best GK in those age groups in NH don’t play DA. You would see them playing HS soccer at their local HS.
            GKs have been shaky, but not sure there are other options. There isn't another u14 keeper I've seen who could, or even wants to, play.

U13/U14 are the toughest goalie ages. None everyone has grown yet so you have a big field and a big net, and kids aren't able to cover it yet. That normally eases out in a few years.

I'd rather have a kid who wants to be there and works to improve and play the game vs. one who may be tall, but doesn't work hard.

Nobody should be playing or deciding their future play based on the goalkeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Selfie King View Post

The U15 team is a bright spot but the U16/17's not so much. The U14's aren't bad. As others have said it's going to get harder once kids start rejoining their DA teams. It's really the long term success of the DA program that should be of concern. Is SUSC going to have a U14 DA team next year? If so, it won't be very good based on what they have now in U13 NPL. And if they do have U14 DA next year they won't have a U14 NPL team because they'll have to move the whole NPL team to DA. As others have pointed out SUSC isn't really big enough to support both NPL and DA, and they really don't have enough high end talent to field quality DA teams anyway. That said things can change so let's see where they are at by the end of the year.

Comment

The U15 team is a bright spot but the U16/17's not so much. The U14's aren't bad. As others have said it's going to get harder once kids start rejoining their DA teams. It's really the long term success of the DA program that should be of concern. Is SUSC going to have a U14 DA team next year? If so, it won't be very good based on what they have now in U13 NPL. And if they do have U14 DA next year they won't have a U14 NPL team because they'll have to move the whole NPL team to DA. As others have pointed out SUSC isn't really big enough to support both NPL and DA, and they really don't have enough high end talent to field quality DA teams anyway. That said things can change so let's see where they are at by the end of the year.
                or will they have a U19 team? Older Kids may decide DA isn't worth giving up their last year or two of HS.

Comment

There's actually a few good 06's who have played with the '05 team so far. I think they will need to decide if they want to keep them playing up, or (as I expect) with be the base of the '06 team. I actually think the '06 team has more potential than the '05 team.

Again, it's the roster depth that is the problem. Not sure if either age can survive if they separate and try to get 15-16 players on each.

Looking at the scores, the '05 team has been in most games. NEFC gave them a beating, as did Oakwood. But, they just levelled with Oakwood this weekend and every other game has been a 1-goal game.

Offensively, they look a bit stagnant in two games I saw.

Comment

or will they have a U19 team? Older Kids may decide DA isn't worth giving up their last year or two of HS.

I expect not many will give up their HS time once they are into it. So, I expect you won't see a U18/19 team until the current crop of 15's make it there; they are (mostly) freshmen now and haven't had the HS experience yet (notwithstanding how many are/if doing both).

But, I also can see this being the weakest age group. I can see a scenario where someone plays DA for Fresh-Junior years and plays HS for their last year. I know some on the boys side who did that.

Comment

There's actually a few good 06's who have played with the '05 team so far. I think they will need to decide if they want to keep them playing up, or (as I expect) with be the base of the '06 team. I actually think the '06 team has more potential than the '05 team.

Again, it's the roster depth that is the problem. Not sure if either age can survive if they separate and try to get 15-16 players on each.

Looking at the scores, the '05 team has been in most games. NEFC gave them a beating, as did Oakwood. But, they just levelled with Oakwood this weekend and every other game has been a 1-goal game.

Two games you saw? Yeah right. Okay ‘05 Dad.

Comment

There’s 3 ‘06 players on the roster with 1 that plays. Not sure how that will make the difference in fielding a solid ‘06 team next year?

Comment

There’s 3 ‘06 players on the roster with 1 that plays. Not sure how that will make the difference in fielding a solid ‘06 team next year?
                          Two more have played a couple of games and contributed. I got the impression they were PT players. A third I believe is coming in as a permanent who played on Saturday and also did well. That's in addition to the one who has played virtually every minute so far.

So, from what I've seen that's 4 who can easily fit into the '05 team if they wished. I do think that may be all, but am not sure.

(This is from an '05 Dad, not sure about the other post)

Comment

I think Seacoast is respectable in the northeast division right now and will drop a few points in the spring, and they will most likely be middle of the road at showcases. So the question is - is this a “success”? Well yes and no. Yes it’s a success for the club. It’s showing that it can be middle to slightly below the pack in the GDA across the country. Is this a success for the players and families? That depends on the coaching and training. For 1-2 players per age group this is a great opportunity to shine and be noticed by college coaches and get a D1 commitment, however that was always the case with Seacoast so is giving up high school play worth it? Is the extra training and farther distance to games and the increase in cost helping the majority of the players improve more than before?

Comment

I think Seacoast is respectable in the northeast division right now and will drop a few points in the spring, and they will most likely be middle of the road at showcases. So the question is - is this a “success”? Well yes and no. Yes it’s a success for the club. It’s showing that it can be middle to slightly below the pack in the GDA across the country. Is this a success for the players and families? That depends on the coaching and training. For 1-2 players per age group this is a great opportunity to shine and be noticed by college coaches and get a D1 commitment, however that was always the case with Seacoast so is giving up high school play worth it? Is the extra training and farther distance to games and the increase in cost helping the majority of the players improve more than before?
                              Seacoast can't be judged on failure or success for at least 4 years. The 2004 and 2005 teams, who started before HS, need to run through an entire cycle and then look at the results then. Players already in the cycle of HS would be/could be, reluctant to make a change (not getting into those who may be doing both.....). The 2004 -beyond are not established into the HS environment yet so may be more willing to forego it.

From a player perspective, this will be hard to tell and honestly, it could be that the results will be too late to do anything about it - i.e. they missed out on HS (assuming they even wanted to) and the end result is something they could've got otherwise.

I will say, so far, it is trending in the positive initially. Games are competitive, training and oversight is good. But, you really need at least a year to look back at the before and after. Then, players and families do the same every year (I assume) - nobody is signing up on a 4-year commitment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X