Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    VERY concerned? Or just a little worried?
    On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being VERY, I would say the concern level should be 9.

Comment

I am sure the new OSU coach will be on here shortly to calm nerves. This chat room is the first place new college coaches come to get messages out. Hold tight.

Comment

OSU has made a hire, will be announced shortly...not from the state of Oregon.
        Old news my friend.

https://osubeavers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1142&path=wsoc

Comment

lol, not quite sure "old news" previous post was 7 hours ago stating it will be announced shortly, and hear you are 3 hours after posting the article. First poster was correct..

Wishing the new coach best of luck here

Comment

lol, not quite sure "old news" previous post was 7 hours ago stating it will be announced shortly, and hear you are 3 hours after posting the article. First poster was correct..

Wishing the new coach best of luck here
            I knew last week, as did the players. Sending a link to help out those who didn't know. I haven't been to this site for over two weeks. Same ole- *****ehole. So be it. ROTFL, 'First Poster' good one. Best of luck dealing with your issues of being first and correct. Lifelong battle.

Comment

What do the existing players think of the new hire?

Comment

Easy one

What do the existing players think of the new hire?
                The current players are thinking, "Crap probably should have won some games. This new coach is going to replace me and use my scholarship money for someone that can produce wins so he doesn't get fired".

Key words in his press release, "relentless in recruiting" If you are a verbal, very worried. For those who don't like be graded on results there is always the no kid left behind league otherwise known as the Northwest Conference D3 where 40K gets you a roster spot.

Comment

The current players are thinking, "Crap probably should have won some games. This new coach is going to replace me and use my scholarship money for someone that can produce wins so he doesn't get fired".

Key words in his press release, "relentless in recruiting" If you are a verbal, very worried. For those who don't like be graded on results there is always the no kid left behind league otherwise known as the Northwest Conference D3 where 40K gets you a roster spot.
                  This is how it should be. New coach needs to bring in players to build what he wants his team to be. If you look at Miss. State roster, they had 12 freshman on their roster this season, that is with that coaching staff being there 2 years, and it was pretty successful this past year.

I would only assume it'll be similar here.

Comment

P5 conferences guarantee soccer scholarship money. They don’t have to honor a verbal though. Verbals are called verbals for a reason.

Comment

P5 conferences guarantee soccer scholarship money. They don’t have to honor a verbal though. Verbals are called verbals for a reason.
                      The players are on year to year agreements, not a 4-year guarantee. Some P5 schools won’t let you cut players, but some do and support the coach getting his players in right away.

Comment

The players are on year to year agreements, not a 4-year guarantee. Some P5 schools won’t let you cut players, but some do and support the coach getting his players in right away.
                        Players in Pac 12 sign a four year guarantee contract on signing day. Deals often get better after kids arrive on campus and ability warrants, but it can not get worse. Deal is for four years not year to year and my understanding is this is only Pac12.

Comment

Players in Pac 12 sign a four year guarantee contract on signing day. Deals often get better after kids arrive on campus and ability warrants, but it can not get worse. Deal is for four years not year to year and my understanding is this is only Pac12.
                          Not just the Pac12. All P5 schools (ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big12 and Pac12) plus Norte Dame. That’s why it’s a big deal if your kid gets a good scholy at one of those schools. That scholy money is locked in for all four years even if your dd rides the pine.

Comment

Not just the Pac12. All P5 schools (ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big12 and Pac12) plus Norte Dame. That’s why it’s a big deal if your kid gets a good scholy at one of those schools. That scholy money is locked in for all four years even if your dd rides the pine.
                            It is a big deal. They can also remove you from the team, and still cover your scholy money if still attending that school, if they no want you. For example, if a new coach comes in.

Comment

This is the reason many top girls only get 30% or less. Many only get “books”. So much money tied up with players that didn’t pan out continuing to eat up the scholy pie.

Comment

add the WCC in to that as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X