Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-0, 12-1, 8-0, 10-0, 8-0, 11-0, 12-0.

These are scores of actual games this season for Tiverton. Lopsided games and uneven competition devalues stats. You will never see this in D1. To the poster who said there are freshman defenders in D1 that could pile up goals in these D3 games they are absolutely correct. There are tons of players that could. Look at those scores. 7 games of 8-0 or worse. All of their players are piling up stats versus weaklings...something which the coaches are also allowing to happen and padding them.

I have no axe to grind with the Tiverton player (or any other D2/D3 player). Never even heard of them or seen them play. I'm sure they are very talented and there may be a few other very talented individuals in these divisions. Also it is certainly not the player's fault that their town HS happens to be in whatever division they are placed. But for POY and All State awards those should be only considered where the bulk of the best players are playing in D1. It's just not a fair comparison otherwise.

It seems like a pretty simple solution to give the awards by division to solve this.

Comment

Get rid of all division. Have all state for each division. I am assuming the refs prepare a game report for each game. Half the coaches list any players from opposing team they felt played at an all state level. The refs could also list players they felt played at all state level. Each time a player is listed they get a point. Seems like an objective why to come up with all state players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Get rid of all division. Have all state for each division. I am assuming the refs prepare a game report for each game. Half the coaches list any players from opposing team they felt played at an all state level. The refs could also list players they felt played at all state level. Each time a player is listed they get a point. Seems like an objective why to come up with all state players.
        Not a bad idea, but instead of (or maybe in addition to) referees making their notes to top notch players, maybe coaches can also list opposing players only, of that same standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Not a bad idea, but instead of (or maybe in addition to) referees making their notes to top notch players, maybe coaches can also list opposing players only, of that same standard.
          I think quite a few D1 coaches make a note after each match.
          Please let the referees concentrate on the game. That seems to be hard enough for most of them. Never mind evaluating players..lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X