Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Watch the trajectory of this thread. The population here will sort things out and D2 will be relegated to the sidelines. It happens every year.
    True. No surprise seeing the typical ignorant comments from stupid parents... only D1 matters... duh.

The only difference between D1 and D2 is the size of the schools. Period.

Comment

Of course good players can go to D2 schools. That doesn’t mean D2 teams have the depth to deal with the strength of schedule in D1. The D2 decent teams coast through the season.
      Not true.

Take the DCL for example. It's a mix of D1, D2, and D3 and is very competitive. In the past 3 years there have been state champs in all three categories: D1 Lincoln-Sudbury, D2 Concord-Carlisle, D3 Wayland.

Sure there are weaker conferences in D2, but the same could be said for D1.

Comment

When will JM be called to adhere to the rules that every other high school coach follows? He coaches most of his boys’ thru the winter, spring and even into the summer! He recruits any decent player, not living within the Nauset school district and continually abuses MIAA rules.
        Not complaining, but I don't understand this either. If he is the Nauset HS coach, then my understanding is that he can't coach his own players in the offseason even for club. He coached Liverpool NPL with several of his HS players on the team, including his own son. Last year a coach for FC Stars had to change to another age group because some of his players from his school were on the team that he was coaching. Don't know how JM gets away with it.

Comment

You can coach your club players. Just can't be over 50% of the team, or 50% of the players on the field. So say roster is 16 in 11v11 you can't have more than 7 on the roster or more than 5 on the field together during a game.

Comment

You can coach your club players. Just can't be over 50% of the team, or 50% of the players on the field. So say roster is 16 in 11v11 you can't have more than 7 on the roster or more than 5 on the field together during a game.
            The FC Stars coach had 2 players on his team from his HS. So unless they interpreted the rule wrong, something doesn't add up.

Comment

True. No surprise seeing the typical ignorant comments from stupid parents... only D1 matters... duh.

The only difference between D1 and D2 is the size of the schools. Period.
              I don't think that was the previous posters point...he was saying that D2 or D3 doesn't have the depth off the bench that a D1 school has.

I agree with him. My kid goes to a D1 prep school and there were over 80 freshmen that tried out for the freshman team last year...my son recognized the majority of them from club programs he has trained or played with (or against). We live in a small town and the public high school didn't have enough kids try out for a freshman team so they only had Varsity and JV. The girls team actually pulled up a couple 8th graders for the JV team. I'm not saying D1, or 2 or 3 is better or worse for anyone...I am sure there are good ECNL, NPL or NEP players on D2 or D3 divisions...but it's the quality of the entire team that makes the difference. JMO

Comment

I don't think that was the previous posters point...he was saying that D2 or D3 doesn't have the depth off the bench that a D1 school has.

I agree with him. My kid goes to a D1 prep school and there were over 80 freshmen that tried out for the freshman team last year...my son recognized the majority of them from club programs he has trained or played with (or against). We live in a small town and the public high school didn't have enough kids try out for a freshman team so they only had Varsity and JV. The girls team actually pulled up a couple 8th graders for the JV team. I'm not saying D1, or 2 or 3 is better or worse for anyone...I am sure there are good ECNL, NPL or NEP players on D2 or D3 divisions...but it's the quality of the entire team that makes the difference. JMO
                The difference between D1 and D2 can be very little as far as boys who play soccer ; as little as 50 or so JR/ Sr boys , of which how many play soccer? The biggest difference is with the largest D1 schools and other D1. They may have as much as 200 more Jr/Sr age boys which makes a difference in the long run. Weymouth has about twice as may HS boys as Hingham and Marshfield for Example/all D1 schools. Hingham and Marshfield are much closer to D2 Nauset in enrollment.

Comment

The difference between D1 and D2 can be very little as far as boys who play soccer ; as little as 50 or so JR/ Sr boys , of which how many play soccer? The biggest difference is with the largest D1 schools and other D1. They may have as much as 200 more Jr/Sr age boys which makes a difference in the long run. Weymouth has about twice as may HS boys as Hingham and Marshfield for Example/all D1 schools. Hingham and Marshfield are much closer to D2 Nauset in enrollment.
                  come on dude let's be real d1 rules d2 drools. If a kid is any good his parents would move to a d1 town or put him in prep school. D1's play the city teams, basically have full club rosters and are way bigger faster stronger . Once in a blue moon you might have an ok player or 2 state wide playing d2. Keep being the big fish is the d2 poad you loser. Lmao.

Comment

come on dude let's be real d1 rules d2 drools. If a kid is any good his parents would move to a d1 town or put him in prep school. D1's play the city teams, basically have full club rosters and are way bigger faster stronger . Once in a blue moon you might have an ok player or 2 state wide playing d2. Keep being the big fish is the d2 poad you loser. Lmao.
                    Duh yeah dude. This wins stupid post of the month. Move to a D1 town? Bigger faster stronger? LOL. What moron parents would do that? Yeah you're just some kid who's trolling but get real.

Comment

Not complaining, but I don't understand this either. If he is the Nauset HS coach, then my understanding is that he can't coach his own players in the offseason even for club. He coached Liverpool NPL with several of his HS players on the team, including his own son. Last year a coach for FC Stars had to change to another age group because some of his players from his school were on the team that he was coaching. Don't know how JM gets away with it.
                      JM doesn’t skirt the rules. He outright abuses them and laughs at the system. He has had out of district (before school choice) players live in his basement, so they can play for NHS. It’s quite funny how he is allowed to get away with it. If he wasn’t tucked away on the cape he’d be banned in a heartbeat

Comment

Duh yeah dude. This wins stupid post of the month. Move to a D1 town? Bigger faster stronger? LOL. What moron parents would do that? Yeah you're just some kid who's trolling but get real.
                        Lighten up Francis. Was obviously a joke. You take the idiot of the year award for your dopey response.

Comment

D1 teams are a lot better and there is actually competition on who wins each year. D3 is better than D2. If u are telling me a division 2 team could have beat Brockton or any other top division 1 team then u are just flat out wrong. I agree that is not the kids fault that they go to a smaller school but stop all this nonsense about division 2 and 3 schools being able to compete with division 1.

Comment

This is absolutely true. The majority of the teams in division 2 and 3 are terrible. While there are occasionally good teams and towns (ex. Wayland) the standard of play is drastically different.

Comment

D1 teams are a lot better and there is actually competition on who wins each year. D3 is better than D2. If u are telling me a division 2 team could have beat Brockton or any other top division 1 team then u are just flat out wrong. I agree that is not the kids fault that they go to a smaller school but stop all this nonsense about division 2 and 3 schools being able to compete with division 1.
                              Sorry but you are wrong. The top D2 teams are very good. There's a bigger fall off with D3.

Comment

Sorry but you are wrong. The top D2 teams are very good. There's a bigger fall off with D3.
                                . Agree. The real difference in the long run is with schools with enrollments of below 300 or so boys. If you have 500 or more and a good program you can compete well. Its not the D1/D2 line and I live in a D1 town.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X