X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westside Timbers 💩

Hi Copa Dad,

Here you go. Your own thread where people can air their actual and factual grievances with the club that has the shadiest, and most well deserved bad reputation in PDX. I know how much you enjoy deflecting, redirecting, and when that doesn't work, lying to save face. Here's your chance. I lay it out for you to play it out. Have fun...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Copa Dad,

Here you go. Your own thread where people can air their actual and factual grievances with the club that has the shadiest, and most well deserved bad reputation in PDX. I know how much you enjoy deflecting, redirecting, and when that doesn't work, lying to save face. Here's your chance. I lay it out for you to play it out. Have fun...
    Did anyone else receive an email from OYSA about Westside Timbers try outs? Surely this is unethical? I wonder if parents living on the Eastside got one for ETFC try outs?

Comment

Can we please add the older brother who refs his brother's games and the goals at Conestoga to this discussion?
      No older brother was working any Copa games. That was rather thoroughly debunked on the 05B thread. If you want to complain about Westside, at least find something to complain about that isn't a fabrication.

If you want to complain about the Conestoga goals, go ahead--I'd be very happy if the bownet goals were banned in OYSA competition. While we are at it, I'd ban playing 9v9 games on turf fields that don't have proper 9v9 markings (this is the other issue with Conestoga--it lacks proper field markings for 9v9). I'm more flexible on grass, given that field markings there tend to wash away.

So would pretty much everyone else at Westside. But when field owners (THPRD) won't allow mobile 9v9 goals to be installed, there isn't much of a choice. Hopefully the returfing of THPRD Rec 1 and the new park near Mt. View MS will be completed soon, and there won't be any reason to play 9v9 games at Conestoga any more.

Comment

I love Westside, but it has continuously broken my heart since 2012.

Comment

He reffed our game at Conestoga. In a surprising development, his little brother was the beneficiary of favorable calls. But then again, so was the entire team.

Comment

Flopping, whining, and dirty fouls end of conversation

Comment

He reffed our game at Conestoga. In a surprising development, his little brother was the beneficiary of favorable calls. But then again, so was the entire team.
              Not all hispanics are the same people. He did not ref any game at Conestoga.

Comment

Flopping, whining, and dirty fouls end of conversation
                Sound like you are flopping and whining more than anyone. And name the game, name the opponent, contact OYSA and investigate. Let's end this dog ****.

Comment

I love Westside, but it has continuously broken my heart since 2012.
                  I hear ya, Westside has been breaking nearly every clubs heart since 1993. Somebody has to win, why does it always have to be them?

Comment

This is actually kind of cute. Our very own thread. Awesome.

Oh, BTW--I saw the ghost of Clive Charles (PBUH) ref an FC game once. You won't find his name on the scoresheet--he possessed the pimply-faced teenage girl who was hired to work the game, and departed from her body afterwards. But it was obvious from the way the calls were going that it was St. Clive's spirit blowing the whistle.

Of course I can't remember when and where, if you show me the list it just might jog my memory--and I'm just an anonymous Internet user. But since I said it here, and you can't disprove it, we should assume that it might be true.

Oh, and I saw an FC Portland flyer nailed to a power pole next to a bus stop. Obviously, it was placed there by OYSA.

Comment

Oh, BTW--I saw the ghost of Clive Charles (PBUH) ref an FC game once. You won't find his name on the scoresheet--he possessed the pimply-faced teenage girl who was hired to work the game, and departed from her body afterwards. But it was obvious from the way the calls were going that it was St. Clive's spirit blowing the whistle.

Of course I can't remember when and where, if you show me the list it just might jog my memory--and I'm just an anonymous Internet user. But since I said it here, and you can't disprove it, we should assume that it might be true.

Oh, and I saw an FC Portland flyer nailed to a power pole next to a bus stop. Obviously, it was placed there by OYSA.
                      Genuine creep show. Someone has stooped to lowest of low about a whole lot of kids, families, coaches, and a club. Why? They haven't done anything to deserve this thread.

Conveniently, the OP omits legitimate and intelligent counter posts by others.

Comment

Hi Copa Dad,

Here is a really good post made by someone that caused you to react by this new thread?

You truly are ill and need professional help. Your poor kids. So sad for them. Please seek help.

"Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                        No older brother was working any Copa games. That was rather thoroughly debunked on the 05B thread. If you want to complain about Westside, at least find something to complain about that isn't a fabrication.

If you want to complain about the Conestoga goals, go ahead--I'd be very happy if the bownet goals were banned in OYSA competition. While we are at it, I'd ban playing 9v9 games on turf fields that don't have proper 9v9 markings (this is the other issue with Conestoga--it lacks proper field markings for 9v9). I'm more flexible on grass, given that field markings there tend to wash away.

So would pretty much everyone else at Westside. But when field owners (THPRD) won't allow mobile 9v9 goals to be installed, there isn't much of a choice. Hopefully the returfing of THPRD Rec 1 and the new park near Mt. View MS will be completed soon, and there won't be any reason to play 9v9 games at Conestoga any more.

Hi, 05 parent here. People, please do not believe a word that this Westside apologist has to say. I for one, am tired of his ranting and raving. So, I have decided to create thread to keep him busy. Please feel free to.comment on the thread."

Comment

Genuine creep show. Someone has stooped to lowest of low about a whole lot of kids, families, coaches, and a club. Why? They haven't done anything to deserve this thread.

Conveniently, the OP omits legitimate and intelligent counter posts by others.
                          Westside does seem to have a larger-than-usual share of disgruntled former families. Usually, though, they just get over it and move on--as they should. There are many excellent soccer clubs in the Portland area--and while we have a rivalry with FC (and a few others), they have my respect and I know plenty of families there, including several who used to play for Westside and left for various reasons.

But someone seems to have gone a bit off the deep end of late... whether this is a result of trash-talk on the 05B thread, or someone who thinks the Timbers' GDA is a threat to FC's ECNL program (I think they will co-exist nicely), the crazy has been turned up to eleven. Someone seems.... bitter, like a jilted lover who now hates everything about his or her ex.

As the POTUS would say, sad!

Comment

Weak...but keep it coming!

Comment

"and while we have a rivalry with FC"

Don't you have to win for it to be a rivalry? Westside has been the proverbial bridesmaid in comparison to FC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X