Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m sorry that you know nothing about sports and should stick to The View and Starbucks chats with your friends.
    I'm sorry you don't understand basic concepts such as "team".

Comment

I’m sorry you never played a team sport, unless you’re counting swimming?

Comment

Are you a motivational speaker by chance?

Comment

I’m sorry you never played a team sport, unless you’re counting swimming?
          I actually did, but don't let that stop your fanciful narrative.

Comment

Are you a motivational speaker by chance?
            motivated by spastic parents who don't understand soccer.

Comment

yes....when the one seed, two years in a row, does not even make the final, they by definition were overrated.
              I’m all for civil disagreements but when you’re just being stupid there’s no point. A team ranked #1 that lost last year in the final on pk’s and lost in the semi’s in a close game is overrated? Smh

Comment

I’m all for civil disagreements but when you’re just being stupid there’s no point. A team ranked #1 that lost last year in the final on pk’s and lost in the semi’s in a close game is overrated? Smh
                Yeah, I guess it is better to be the #27 seed with a sub .500 record and win a game or two in the states.

Comment

Semantics acknowledged here, but overrated is a pejorative in this context. GHS is a grood team and a great program. The fault lies with CIAC’s ridiculously arcane seeding system. Glastonbury (and especially Suffield, Shelton, and Southington) were all over seeded thru no fault of their own.

Comment

Semantics acknowledged here, but overrated is a pejorative in this context. GHS is a grood team and a great program. The fault lies with CIAC’s ridiculously arcane seeding system. Glastonbury (and especially Suffield, Shelton, and Southington) were all over seeded thru no fault of their own.
                    actually it helped them- they got the bye and the easiest road
                    at some point you are actually going to have too play a quality team- just depends how soon

Comment

Parents of field players often blame GKs when it was their kids' ten mistakes that led to the shot on goal. Yes GK make mistakes and when it happens no one feels worse about it than they do. Pathetic that adults are going after her. Many may not realize the reason our state finals are shared in the event of a tie, rather than PKs, is because a number of years ago a GK committed suicide after losing in the final.
                      Someone asked earlier, but was never responded to...where was this?

Comment

in CT

Comment

This never happened. Urban myth that is believed by some of the less intelligent people.

Comment

This never happened. Urban myth that is believed by some of the less intelligent people.
                            You’re correct, the story about a goalie in CT committing suicide is not the reason for no PK’s in the final. The real reason is that an 81 year old referee with a beer belly and a limp (the norm for CT HS soccer) sadly had a heart attack chasing down an errant pk attempt. It put a real scare into the geriatric referee crowd, so the CIAC in all their great wisdom made the decision.

Comment

You’re correct, the story about a goalie in CT committing suicide is not the reason for no PK’s in the final. The real reason is that an 81 year old referee with a beer belly and a limp (the norm for CT HS soccer) sadly had a heart attack chasing down an errant pk attempt. It put a real scare into the geriatric referee crowd, so the CIAC in all their great wisdom made the decision.
                              That's a bunch of nonsense. The real reason for the change is the same reason so much else has changed in Youth Sports. Parents are unable to accept losing , and will do almost anything these days. Threats , physical violence, intimidation, lawsuits, on and on and on. It starts at the younger ages , it is a culture of absurdity.

Comment

That's a bunch of nonsense. The real reason for the change is the same reason so much else has changed in Youth Sports. Parents are unable to accept losing , and will do almost anything these days. Threats , physical violence, intimidation, lawsuits, on and on and on. It starts at the younger ages , it is a culture of absurdity.
                                Cold hard reality is that kids, especially HS kids who don't play soccer, will tease a GK who they think caused a loss. Face it even adults blame GKs. Sometimes the beef is legit. GKs do make mistakes, but so do all the other players on the field. There's always ahole kids since the dawn of time, but now it's easier for them to taunt others from behind a keyboard. I know people think kids are "too soft" these days, but they also are under more pressure and different kinds of pressure than when we were their ages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X