• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Poor technique by keeper
    Poor form by you, an adult

Comment

http://www.therudenreport.com/staple...lass-ll-final/

Dave is awesome. Love the reporting of the tampon in the nostril. Oh and that pic of the Glastonbury goalie as the ball goes by her....priceless.

One thing I noted was there was no customary quote from losing Glastonbury coach. Perhaps he was at a loss for words after another sei final loss

Keep doing your thing Dave. Question though. Are you sticking with your preseason fave, staples, or are you going with the love of your life Ridgefield?
      "Another semifinal loss" .... it happens. They get there a lot. And, they also win the finals .... a lot. You make them sound as if they have never had success. Please remember that they are the most successful team in the state in the last decade.

Comment

"Another semifinal loss" .... it happens. They get there a lot. And, they also win the finals .... a lot. You make them sound as if they have never had success. Please remember that they are the most successful team in the state in the last decade.
        How many Glastonbury players have defected and gone to OW? Did this impact Glastonbury's season?

Comment

How many Glastonbury players have defected and gone to OW? Did this impact Glastonbury's season?
          Actually, several.

Comment

False. St Joes is more successful. Check the records. You only looked at class LL

Also, for the shorter term guys......

LL in the past 5 years
            Ridgefield 4 finals and one semi finals appearances
            Glastonbury 3 finals and 2 semi finals appearances

So depends on how you look at thing

Comment

Last year (first year GDA) GHS also lost in a semifinal squeaker so I don't' know if you can necessarily say one way or the other. The two older OW teams don't have many Glastonbury players, but the U15s do. However, as they're mostly freshmen they may have decided to wait a year knowing they wouldn't play much at a powerhouse like GHS

Comment

Actually, several.
                13 on U15 (not sure I trust these though)
                6 on U16/U17
                5 on U18/U19

Still think GHS (and these kids) did not lose out from OW move to GDA? If they had half of these kids this year, GHS would have been a runaway freight train .... no stopping them and I am not an OW or GHS parent.

Comment

6 on U16/U17
                  5 on U18/U19

Still think GHS (and these kids) did not lose out from OW move to GDA? If they had half of these kids this year, GHS would have been a runaway freight train .... no stopping them and I am not an OW or GHS parent.
                  so what you re saying is glastonbury would have another 24 quality starters if not for GDA, bring their total to 35 starters, or three teams worth? I mean by definition, GSA is the best of the best, so all those starting this year would have been bench players

Comment

so what you re saying is glastonbury would have another 24 quality starters if not for GDA, bring their total to 35 starters, or three teams worth? I mean by definition, GSA is the best of the best, so all those starting this year would have been bench players
                    Perhaps they would be looking for their 5th straight LL title and have 90+ straight wins without a loss.

Comment

Perhaps they would be looking for their 5th straight LL title and have 90+ straight wins without a loss.
                      if they keep playing every CCC cupcake twice a year, then the sky is the limit

Comment

if they keep playing every CCC cupcake twice a year, then the sky is the limit
                        They beat as many FCIAC teams in the states as they had to to win those 3 championships. They didn't make the schedules, they just took on and beat all comers.

Comment

They beat as many FCIAC teams in the states as they had to to win those 3 championships. They didn't make the schedules, they just took on and beat all comers.
                          Cue up “Glory Days” by Bruce. Sorry, times have changed but the past is a fond memory.

Comment

Cue up “Glory Days” by Bruce. Sorry, times have changed but the past is a fond memory.
                            Yeah, they really sucked in the last 2 years too getting nipped in the semis. They should be demoted to S.

Comment

6 on U16/U17
                              5 on U18/U19

All it takes in HS is one or two players to tip the scales. GDA has definitely hurt GHS. There are without a doubt a few kids that would have been big time impact players at GHS this year.

This also points out to me the relative weakness of the academy teams. CFC United is without a doubt the undisputed leader in college placement. They place a new crop into D1 schools consistently from year to year. Part of the success there is that they attract kids from all corners of the state to the program. Definitely a talent aggregation model.

OW by these numbers (assuming they are true) is heavily dependent on players from one town of roughly 40,000 residents. I'm sure the gene pool runs deep in Glastonbury but no town yields that many high level players.

Perhaps in the future, OW will attract kids to the GDA but that doesn't seem to be happening right now.

Comment

All it takes in HS is one or two players to tip the scales. GDA has definitely hurt GHS. There are without a doubt a few kids that would have been big time impact players at GHS this year.

This also points out to me the relative weakness of the academy teams. CFC United is without a doubt the undisputed leader in college placement. They place a new crop into D1 schools consistently from year to year. Part of the success there is that they attract kids from all corners of the state to the program. Definitely a talent aggregation model.

OW by these numbers (assuming they are true) is heavily dependent on players from one town of roughly 40,000 residents. I'm sure the gene pool runs deep in Glastonbury but no town yields that many high level players.

Perhaps in the future, OW will attract kids to the GDA but that doesn't seem to be happening right now.
                                The OW older teams only have a few Glastonbury players. Next year we'll see if all those 04s stay or give high school a
                                shot. Its not easy to crack the GHS roster as a freshman.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X