Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USF Project 40

good/Bad/Avg? Seems pricy but wanted to see if anyone had experance with the project.

my boys went to their summer sleep over camp. they loved it. gets my vote for best camp for the money! been to most of them and they win hands down.

btw, we are from the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      good/Bad/Avg? Seems pricy but wanted to see if anyone had experance with the project.
      Sent my son at 10 to the fall season of project 40. We did not send him back as we expected a whole lot more for the money. Several practices where canceled and some had the stay behind (2nd team) USF players provide the training as the coaches were gone to USF games. There was a marked difference in training during these practices.

He has also attended the summer programs as UT as well as the sleep over camp. Got way more for the money and the coaches and trainers seemed more involved with the kids of all ages. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

I would agree. We went to 2 sessions at USF to try it out and it was not worth the drive or money. UT seems to have a much more organized program and has had the same core group of coaches and former UT players for several years now and all of them are youth soccer coaches as well so they know how to work with the kids.

Comment

We looked at this program a few years ago and decided against it. I did go check out the training and it did look pretty good for a player wanting some extra work on a regular basis, with other competitive players. However, the cost is really hard to justify even if you are interested in doing one of their camps over the summer, which is included in the price. You could easily get some private or small group training and get more individualized instruction for the same or less money. If you have the money to burn, and you think your kid would be motivated by the fact they are being trained by USF college coaches and players and get a kick out of the uniforms provided, then maybe. Also, if your kid is on a strong recreational or lower teir competitive level and wants to be tested against more competitve players, it might be worth it, since those kind of opportunities are not usually provided at many clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X