Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not all schools and districts were well set up for it. Better ones got it up and going fast, weak or poorer ones not. Even in good districts some kids still didn't have reliable internet access or a computer. Districts scrambled to help them get access and Chrome books. But in poorer districts? They can't afford to supply lots of equipment. What about kids trying to use a cellphone (challenging to say the least) but they have limited data plans? Many of these kids have parents that can't work from home and supervise their learning.

Distance learning at any length of time will only make the educational divide in the country worse.
    In addition, how many families with 2 adults and 3 kids in the home have computers for all? What about families where a parent is a teacher and can't do the job remotely and parent at the same time?

Comment

In addition, how many families with 2 adults and 3 kids in the home have computers for all? What about families where a parent is a teacher and can't do the job remotely and parent at the same time?
      Most families that pay club soccer fees have computers for all

Comment

Most families that pay club soccer fees have computers for all
        Both above posts were speaking in generalities, not specifically about middle to upper income soccer families.

Comment

Both above posts were speaking in generalities, not specifically about middle to upper income soccer families.
          We talking Jeff Cup, right?

or you want me to keep up with your non-related thread-within-a-thread about social inequities? Shall I opine on the role of K12 as a social service at one end and an acceptable proxy for class-based separatism on the other?

Comment

Preseasons don't start until August. College coaches are also behind on their timelines and need to get recruiting done. Not many senior laden teams would have been going to begin with, but yes those teams should be given refunds if they want.
            The camps coaches run to supplement the programs are running and they will need that money for sure.

Comment

The camps coaches run to supplement the programs are running and they will need that money for sure.
              Their employers could restrict use of the facilities. One of my kids' colleges is staying closed for the summer

Comment

Their employers could restrict use of the facilities. One of my kids' colleges is staying closed for the summer
                Overnights may not happen. Single day camps probably will.

Comment

Let's face it this is a poor decision for Jeff Cup and it's all driven by money

Comment

Let's face it this is a poor decision for Jeff Cup and it's all driven by money
                    Let's face it. No one knows what is going to happen, but many people will jump at the chance to go to a showcase if it is possible in July. You don't want to go? Don't go.

Comment

Let's face it. No one knows what is going to happen, but many people will jump at the chance to go to a showcase if it is possible in July. You don't want to go? Don't go.
                      I think I'd prefer to live to see next July. But if you want to roll the dice with your own life, it's fine by me.

Comment

I think I'd prefer to live to see next July. But if you want to roll the dice with your own life, it's fine by me.
                        Hey Chicken Little: Current number of deaths in MA is .13 per 100K.
                        That's .03 away from a 1 in a Million chance.
                        VA is .02 making it 1 in 5 Million chance...

Yes deaths will continue to climb, and the # per 100K will go up.
                        But I will roll those Dice.

fwiw I am taking a far greater risk by driving to VA.

Comment

Whiner.

You stay in your house till there is a vaccine 18 months from now. If it seems reasonably safe, I'll go to VA and get on with life.

Comment

Still want to go is 80% of the recruiting coaches won’t be there?

Comment

Whiner.

You stay in your house till there is a vaccine 18 months from now. If it seems reasonably safe, I'll go to VA and get on with life.
                              Exactly. See you there.

Comment

Still want to go is 80% of the recruiting coaches won’t be there?
                                Says who?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X