Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End of GPS

GPS is in the process of closing shop after laying off their entire full-time and part-time coaching staff last night. All but a handful of managers are gone. Those few that remain will be left with the job of shuttering the company.

After an FBI raid last October and a subsequent string of lawsuits left the company on weak financial footing, it appears as though the coronavirus dealt the final blow for the club.

I can confirm they laid me off, but still expect us to communicate to our teams, go figure.

Comment

That move fits perfectly with their expertise in slave labour and human trafficking. Hey, you know, they are the best around at abusing people to reach their financial targets.

Comment

All this talk about coaching having families too... obviously GPS doesn't see it that way.

Comment

They were done a long time ago. Pathetic.

Comment

It is about time, as they've had the worst 12 months of any club EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I can confirm they laid me off, but still expect us to communicate to our teams, go figure.
              Wouldn’t you want to communicate with your team? Or do you really not care? Jeez.

Comment

Wouldn’t you want to communicate with your team? Or do you really not care? Jeez.
                Easy for you to say MH while you haven’t been laid off.

Comment

Is being laid off now unusual? It allows employees to collect. Same as with the Retail and food-service industry.

Comment

Is being laid off now unusual? It allows employees to collect. Same as with the Retail and food-service industry.
                    It’s unusual in the soccer industry once all money is already paid up for the season.

It’s also unusual for a company/club as large as gps to not look after their employees and teams and take care of them.

Comment

Easy for you to say MH while you haven’t been laid off.
                      Why should former employees that have just been heartlessly laid off be made to continue performing their duties? You guys are such scumbags that you have lost all sense of right and wrong. You treat people like cattle and then you cut them loose as soon as you don't need them anymore.

Comment

KC really stepped in it when he made the mistake of joining GPS. A month or two after his walking tour of the corporation, er, I mean club, he then sacks the entire staff and closes down the company.

Wow, what a success story.

I guess that is why they were all carrying on about KC at the wheel.

Comment

Legacy is leaving a great legacy at GPS. Holy Sh*t!

Comment

#DumpsterFire

Comment

at least now we know why TS has been so quiet lately. All the GPS coaches are laid off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X