X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But how many play?
    ^ critical question! First, it's not easy to get recruited as a GK. You need to find programs that are looking for your grad year. Then you need to win the spot over 15 others they're considering and get admitted. But you also need to find programs where you have a reasonable shot at playing at some point. It's entirely possible you won't play for two years+. Once the starter graduates the coach could being in a stud frosh they like more. It's absolutely the most challenging position for recruiting and playing success. At all costs avoid any program that has more than 3 GK

Comment

This is not true. A good gk will be one of the first 3 commits for a good team. My daughter's friend committed end of soph yr. Was sifting through offers throughout soph year. Narrowed it to 4 by spring and pulled trigger by june/july.
      Old timetable first of all. Second of all it's all over the board. See above post about the challenges of landing a good GK spot. It's such a vital position that coaches want to get right. If two of the seven field players don't work out that's ok. Screw up on the GK, that can be a problem

Comment

See FC Stars tweet from 11.20.19.. 6 Girls in 2001 birth year have committed to division 1 colleges.. UMass, UNH, Colgate and Northeastern are four of the six.. If you are GK training out of Lancaster it is a true pathway.
        This is correct if you don't want to see the field. Best example is Stars better grad prospect in the last 3 years had to transfer out of local acc school last month after being unseated by a incoming fresh from a no name club.

Securing spots for their GK's maybe stars stick but playing is another side. Anyone can pick up a ball and punt it. Running the back line correct is a different game.

Comment

But how many play?
          Playtime isn't guaranteed for any position, especially GK's.

IMO a club's job is to provide training and connections that lead to opportunities. It is up to the player and their family to figure which opportunity makes the most sense for them and then make the most of it at the next level.

Comment

Next year my daughter is 12, looking at bigger clubs now. Which clubs have good trainers and offer help with good college school placements for goalies. Thank you
            Similar questions get posted every few months if you have the time to go back and do some searching through the threads. Bottom line is you want a club that provides small group GK training with similarly skilled GKs at least 2 times a week with a dedicated GK coach. In addition, your GK should be practicing with their team at as many trainings as possible. It's a big commitment. Good luck.

Comment

Old timetable first of all. Second of all it's all over the board. See above post about the challenges of landing a good GK spot. It's such a vital position that coaches want to get right. If two of the seven field players don't work out that's ok. Screw up on the GK, that can be a problem
              I made the post about the timeline about my daughter's friend. I have heard that she is still in demand.
              Old coaches have told her/her family that it has come back to them that if she ever decides to transfer the spots and $$ she turned down will be there and other options have emerged as well. That is the clout of a very good gk.

Comment

She is not from this area though. I do not know where she trained.

Comment

Scorpions, and it’s not even close.

Comment

Scorpions, and it’s not even close.
                    How so? What trainings do they offer?

Comment

I would agree. Scorpions do a great job but don’t sleep on what Juve is doing. Their new GK COACH is fabulous. Go ahead start hating.

Comment

How so? What trainings do they offer?
                        Keepers coach is part owner of the club and offers non-stop keeper training. My player is not a keeper but I see the e-mails and the trainings all the time.

Comment

Keepers coach is part owner of the club and offers non-stop keeper training. My player is not a keeper but I see the e-mails and the trainings all the time.
                          Hahaha. Non stop does not mean high level.

Comment

I made the post about the timeline about my daughter's friend. I have heard that she is still in demand.
                            Old coaches have told her/her family that it has come back to them that if she ever decides to transfer the spots and $$ she turned down will be there and other options have emerged as well. That is the clout of a very good gk.
                            There's lots that aren't "very good" College recruiting weeds them out pretty effectively because of the scarcity of spots.

Comment

There's lots that aren't "very good" College recruiting weeds them out pretty effectively because of the scarcity of spots.
                              Not always. I have seen some in college with bad habits and not very good soccer iq. Not every college coach understands the gk position. As someone posted, it is much more than staying put and punting the ball.

A good gk will tell the line how to play the player and the ball. It was either Howard or Solo or DiCicco who said the best stop a gk can make is the one they never have to make.

Comment

Hahaha. Non stop does not mean high level.
                                Explain high level then?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X