Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club pre offers

When do clubs typically give pre offers to players? We just got word last night that our club will be sending out pre offers April 13th.

Not sure if this is normally but seems totally strange to send a pre offer less than 2 games in to the spring season.

Are they really trying to keep their best players or is it just financially driven?

It’s called Desperation. Most top teams in Area haven’t even began playing League Games. That is a clear sign to Stay Away. That is a sinking ship.

Comment

Which club?

We’re at NEFC and last year it was towards end of May, so April seems ridiculous to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        When do clubs typically give pre offers to players? We just got word last night that our club will be sending out pre offers April 13th.

Not sure if this is normally but seems totally strange to send a pre offer less than 2 games in to the spring season.

Are they really trying to keep their best players or is it just financially driven?
        This is a leap forward in terms of transparency.

Comment

This is a leap forward in terms of transparency.
          Leap forward in transparency and desperation. Complete money grab. I don’t finish my season payments until May this year.

Comment

Leap forward in transparency and desperation. Complete money grab. I don’t finish my season payments until May this year.
            I’m not contesting either of your assertions. The more of this stuff that is out in the open and not secretive, the healthier the environment will be for all involved. An announced pre-offer date is a step in the right direction.

Comment

I’m not contesting either of your assertions. The more of this stuff that is out in the open and not secretive, the healthier the environment will be for all involved. An announced pre-offer date is a step in the right direction.
              That’s one way to think about it.

How do you think it affects team chemistry just 1-2 league games in finding out who has been offered and who hasn’t? How will it affect team morale?

Comment

Seems way too early. Like other poster said my payments run until late May. April seems way too early. I don’t know what Club you’re with but I’d slow that process down a bit.

Comment

That club is a complete sh*t show. We all know who they are and "MoneyGrab" is their middle name.

Comment

How do you think it affects team chemistry just 1-2 league games in finding out who has been offered and who hasn’t? How will it affect team morale?
                    That is complete desperation and it will ruin team chemistry for the season
                    Seen it over and over but never at nefc - they are usually may and June
                    Must be really hurting

Comment

I don’t know what club you’re with and, honestly, it’s six or one half dozen of the other. They are all driven by money and profit. It’s shameless.

Comment

How does it affect team morale when it’s something nobody talks about and whole teams are wondering where they stand? It’s all difficult. Might as well be open and transparent about it.

Comment

I can see why clubs might want to do it. But it carries big risks with morale/team dynamics. Also, clubs are limiting themselves - what if a lot of good players come to tryouts this spring but 85% of the roster has been given a spot already? Tryouts should mean something and players should know their spot is never guaranteed, its earned. This laziness in the part of clubs- easier to keep what you know

Comment

How does it affect team morale when it’s something nobody talks about and whole teams are wondering where they stand? It’s all difficult. Might as well be open and transparent about it.
                            Two games in and coaches can decide who they want for next year? It’s desperate and the top players don’t need to sign with club that early

Comment

Two games in and coaches can decide who they want for next year? It’s desperate and the top players don’t need to sign with club that early
                              I agree with this guy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X