Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of DA, ECNL and Other Leagues and Solutions (Yeah Right)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of DA, ECNL and Other Leagues and Solutions (Yeah Right)

Many of you believe your son or daughter are decent or good. I commend you on that. All our kids deserve the backing of the parents. That is what parents do.

The reason why I wanted to write something is that you are all investing in a sport with little return. Many of you believe your son can play. Many believe that because your son or daughter play in a top league that they are amazing. In reality they are not. Girls maybe, boys.... no. In fact this has nothing to do with the girls. Guess why. They can ball!!!

I ask you all how many professionals do you know? Not many. Many players fail before making it in the sports. But because you have money or believe you have money, you believe you can conquer this sport. I'm here to tell you you cannot.

Well then you will say, I don't want my kids to play Pro, they are going to College!!! Soccer will pay for their education...... This is my investment.

Come on, get a 429 plan and have them just play recreation ball.

What many of you are doing is investing in clubs and organizations that do not know anything except how to collect money.

Here is what I see:

1. You must have talent. Talent cannot be made. You either have the talent or you don't. I have seen talent and guess what, they don’t have money. They don’t play with cones. They play with their heart. Money can’t buy that.

2. You must work hard. This does not mean training with little cones* in a gym with 4-5 other kids that want to play with cones. Eddie Johnson can't help you. Your personal trainer cannot help you either. In fact no one can. Hard work is working hard within a practice setting. That time in the pitch within the practice you bust your tail. Guess what,,,, you can’t cause you just took a water break. Wait not 1,2,3,4,5,6 dang!!!!!!

Now there is no club in Florida that works the kids hard. Maybe in Miami. Maybe. That's pushing it. Soccer cities, that is right (Cuidad Derportivas) kids arrive 1 hour early they chill and work out and have many trainers. They stay late. Your son is in and out because 1.5 hours is a lot of time. He also has only one coach and while one kid is ass-grabbing the coach can’t wait to send them home because they are spoiled and can’t work hard.

In reality, most coaches will not push a kid to the limit because they are afraid to push a kid because they might faint or even die. I am not trying to beat around the bush, but if your coach is from Argentina, and he played for Boca, he has no mercy for the kids. That is how he was raised. But here in the USA, he can’t push your kid because soccer Dad is around the corner watching his kid play. Boca coach can’t scream at your boy because his feelings will get hurt. How dare you talk to my son that way. Where is the professionalism? How dare you????

I tell you who works hard... AUU the basketball kids… Mexican Kids from Plant City… Or (TBU kids that their dad is a doctor or an attorney_…. Hmm no they cannot.)

Sadly…. Most soccer kids, in fact 95% of the soccer kids do not have the talent or the attribute to play outside the USA. Not because of talent is because they are lazy.

Current Pyramid Structure of Florida Soccer
    /\
    / \
    / \
    / DA \
    / ECNL\
    / NPL \
    / FPL \
    / FYSA. \
    / REC Ball. \

3. Physical attributes. Yes if your boy or girls is slow hmmmm wrong sport. If your boy is not tall hmmmm sorry. Why? TBU and Chargers all they want are tall kids. Wait what about Orlando City, or Jacksonville or even Inter Miami DA. They must know what they are doing. Hmmm no, they are recycled within the sport. Who coaches in Weston has a job for life…..OC has a Weston Alum, Inter Miami took everyone from Weston to InterMiami but wait... I will not talk about Miami because Beckham needs time, but knowing him he does not look for talent, he is looking for a fast kid. So if you’re short and you are slow, then forget about it. You cannot play in Florida. But wait….. Messi is only 5’6” and yes he is a freak of nature. His parents left the country of Argentina to find the correct medicine not to play. So quit comparing yourself to Messi. You won’t play

4. Tactical skills. Most kids that I have seen in Europe know how to play a tactical style since they were u5. Ok u8 your u15 and you don’t know anything but kickball. Most coaches don’t have the time to teach anything but technical skills. Most kids don’t know what to do when they receive the ball. They stress. Well I know what to do…. Well, congratulations… guess what your teammate does not. I have seen coaches try to teach a tactical style in one , two, three weeks. Hahahahah what a simpleton Your style is dictated by the club, by the region, by the country. Most clubs want to kick the ball and score. That is our style

5. Technical skills…… clubs fail to teach kids how to control the ball. To be zen with the ball. To be Pistol Pete Maravich with the ball. Kids cannot juggle. Kids cannot control the ball with either foot. Kids cannot HEAD the ball. Why because Will Smith comes out with a movie about head damage and we stop heading the ball. What a joke.
    6. Clubs. Most clubs cannot do anything above except take your money. Play the Money Money song. Yes that is right. FYSA does not care about the competition of the clubs. They want to protect their region. Most clubs monopolized the area and they count heads. Then clubs pay FYSA. But wait…. I play US Club Soccer or even Better, I play DA. I play the UNITED STATED SOCCER DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY. Same thing. It’s just bad soccer. It is. Rush soccer will bait you to play DA then they acquire a club called ACYS and then they move you down. Why did the move me down???? Because the club knows you will settle anywhere. You will. You are going to pay Rush, you will pay your personal trainer (Eddie Johnson**) and then you will have false hope.
    7. Leagues. Since there is no relegation or promotion, all leagues suck. I think "suck" is the perfect word for anything that you do. Look at my ASCII pyramid. It’s amazing. It DT amazing. You win ECNL so what, you don’t play DA, you win DA, no worries you suck more. Your mama or daddy paid the coach or bought him groceries. Or worst you were recruited by DA scout who knows nothing about the sport. At least the FYSA kids have realistic goals which are to have fun.
    8. Money. There are clubs that charge so much. Money is the root of all evil. There are schools now, that teach to train. Come on parents. You too are suckers. You’re so caught up. IMG can do it with bball players why. They recruit.

In reality this sounds negative.

What you all should do is stop playing. Stop trying to live vicariously through your kids. Let them play. Let them have fun. If you don’t win, who the heck cares. Let them have fun.

Stop investing in clubs that charge more than a car payment or even a house payment. Let talent take them to the top. Let them play within a team. A slow team that can do everything I have written above can beat a top DA team. You just have to do the opposite.

Organizations like Charges, TBU, OC, Rush or even Inter Miami, they do not care. They want your money. Take your money and create and invest in your kids in other ways. Like positively encouraging them in any other sport but soccer.

The only club that has a pro team, is who, OC. How many players have gone from the academy to the pro team???? Zero, or 1 why. Because of what I stated above.

Find a team that will play you. If you’re a lifer in a DA system, it does not mean you are playing the top level. Well, I will play for a University….. well …. University sucks. They are worst than the UPSL team.

Solutions.

1. Find a club that allows your son or daughter to be creative, to have fun and quit paying a lot of money. Stay away from Eddie Johnson, any trainer, Disney, Universal and all DA clubs.
    2. Play play play
    3. Play in the streets
    4. Play for fun

Finally we will not see any changes in my lifetime. We are babies in the world of Futbol. Let us be patient.

Now, who is doing the best in the whole USA? I will tell you right now. La Liga at ESPN DisneyWorld Resorts is doing the best because they are correct in anything that they do.

About the author. He is world renown within the sports. Has lived in many countries and has helped many kids to gain a soccer scholarship, yes college people. He is well respected in the world of soccer and has visited many big clubs in the world. Has kids. They all can ball. They have traveled with him and have played in big clubs. Does he care that you know who he is? Who cares… He is right and he is facetious and smart.
    I agree
    66.67%
    Somewhat Agree
    17.78%
    Not at All
    0.00%
    He is nuts!!
    15.56%

The poll is expired.

look

Its true. No club is playing and I paid my money and now I have this money out in the streets. Everyone over promises and under delivers.

I am tired of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Many of you believe your son or daughter are decent or good. I commend you on that. All our kids deserve the backing of the parents. That is what parents do.

The reason why I wanted to write something is that you are all investing in a sport with little return. Many of you believe your son can play. Many believe that because your son or daughter play in a top league that they are amazing. In reality they are not. Girls maybe, boys.... no. In fact this has nothing to do with the girls. Guess why. They can ball!!!

I ask you all how many professionals do you know? Not many. Many players fail before making it in the sports. But because you have money or believe you have money, you believe you can conquer this sport. I'm here to tell you you cannot.

Well then you will say, I don't want my kids to play Pro, they are going to College!!! Soccer will pay for their education...... This is my investment.

What many of you are doing is investing in clubs and organizations that do not know anything except how to collect money.

Here is what I see:

1. You must have talent. Talent cannot be made. You either have the talent or you don't. I have seen talent and guess what, they don’t have money. They don’t play with cones. They play with their heart. Money can’t buy that.

2. You must work hard. This does not mean training with little cones* in a gym with 4-5 other kids that want to play with cones. Eddie Johnson can't help you. Your personal trainer cannot help you either. In fact no one can. Hard work is working hard within a practice setting. That time in the pitch within the practice you bust your tail. Guess what,,,, you can’t cause you just took a water break. Wait not 1,2,3,4,5,6 dang!!!!!!

Now there is no club in Florida that works the kids hard. Maybe in Miami. Maybe. That's pushing it. Soccer cities, that is right (Cuidad Derportivas) kids arrive 1 hour early they chill and work out and have many trainers. They stay late. Your son is in and out because 1.5 hours is a lot of time. He also has only one coach and while one kid is ass-grabbing the coach can’t wait to send them home because they are spoiled and can’t work hard.

In reality, most coaches will not push a kid to the limit because they are afraid to push a kid because they might faint or even die. I am not trying to beat around the bush, but if your coach is from Argentina, and he played for Boca, he has no mercy for the kids. That is how he was raised. But here in the USA, he can’t push your kid because soccer Dad is around the corner watching his kid play. Boca coach can’t scream at your boy because his feelings will get hurt. How dare you talk to my son that way. Where is the professionalism? How dare you????

I tell you who works hard... AUU the basketball kids… Mexican Kids from Plant City… Or (TBU kids that their dad is a doctor or an attorney_…. Hmm no they cannot.)

Sadly…. Most soccer kids, in fact 95% of the soccer kids do not have the talent or the attribute to play outside the USA. Not because of talent is because they are lazy.

/\
      / \
      / \
      / DA \
      / ECNL\
      / NPL \
      / FPL \
      / FYSA. \
      / REC Ball. \

3. Physical attributes. Yes if your boy or girls is slow hmmmm wrong sport. If your boy is not tall hmmmm sorry. Why? TBU and Chargers all they want are tall kids. Wait what about Orlando City, or Jacksonville or even Inter Miami DA. They must know what they are doing. Hmmm no, they are recycled within the sport. Who coaches in Weston has a job for life…..OC has a Weston Alum, Inter Miami took everyone from Weston to InterMiami but wait... I will not talk about Miami because Beckham needs time, but knowing him he does not look for talent, he is looking for a fast kid. So if you’re short and you are slow, then forget about it. You cannot play in Florida. But wait….. Messi is only 5’6” and yes he is a freak of nature. His parents left the country of Argentina to find the correct medicine not to play. So quit comparing yourself to Messi. You won’t play

4. Tactical skills. Most kids that I have seen in Europe know how to play a tactical style since they were u5. Ok u8 your u15 and you don’t know anything but kickball. Most coaches don’t have the time to teach anything but technical skills. Most kids don’t know what to do when they receive the ball. They stress. Well I know what to do…. Well, congratulations… guess what your teammate does not. I have seen coaches try to teach a tactical style in one , two, three weeks. Hahahahah what a simpleton Your style is dictated by the club, by the region, by the country. Most clubs want to kick the ball and score. That is our style

5. Technical skills…… clubs fail to teach kids how to control the ball. To be zen with the ball. To be Pistol Pete Maravich with the ball. Kids cannot juggle. Kids cannot control the ball with either foot. Kids cannot HEAD the ball. Why because Will Smith comes out with a movie about head damage and we stop heading the ball. What a joke.
      6. Clubs. Most clubs cannot do anything above except take your money. Play the Money Money song. Yes that is right. FYSA does not care about the competition of the clubs. They want to protect their region. Most clubs monopolized the area and they count heads. Then clubs pay FYSA. But wait…. I play US Club Soccer or even Better, I play DA. I play the UNITED STATED SOCCER DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY. Same thing. It’s just bad soccer. It is. Rush soccer will bait you to play DA then they acquire a club called ACYS and then they move you down. Why did the move me down???? Because the club knows you will settle anywhere. You will. You are going to pay Rush, you will pay your personal trainer (Eddie Johnson**) and then you will have false hope.
      7. Leagues. Since there is no relegation or promotion, all leagues suck. I think "suck" is the perfect word for anything that you do. Look at my ASCII pyramid. It’s amazing. It DT amazing. You win ECNL so what, you don’t play DA, you win DA, no worries you suck more. Your mama or daddy paid the coach or bought him groceries. Or worst you were recruited by DA scout who knows nothing about the sport. At least the FYSA kids have realistic goals which are to have fun.
      8. Money. There are clubs that charge so much. Money is the root of all evil. There are schools now, that teach to train. Come on parents. You too are suckers. You’re so caught up. IMG can do it with bball players why. They recruit.

What you all should do is stop playing. Stop trying to live vicariously through your kids. Let them play. Let them have fun. If you don’t win, who the heck cares. Let them have fun.

Stop investing in clubs that charge more than a car payment or even a house payment. Let talent take them to the top. Let them play within a team. A slow team that can do everything I have written above can beat a top DA team. You just have to do the opposite.

Organizations like Charges, TBU, OC, Rush or even Inter Miami, they do not care. They want your money. Take your money and create and invest in your kids in other ways. Like positively encouraging them in any other sport but soccer.

The only club that has a pro team, is who, OC. How many players have gone from the academy to the pro team???? Zero, or 1 why. Because of what I stated above.

Find a team that will play you. If you’re a lifer in a DA system, it does not mean you are playing the top level. Well, I will play for a University….. well …. University sucks. They are worst than the UPSL team.

Solutions.

1. Find a club that allows your son or daughter to be creative, to have fun and quit paying a lot of money. Stay away from Eddie Johnson, any trainer, Disney, Universal and all DA clubs.
      2. Play play play
      3. Play in the streets
      4. Play for fun

Finally we will not see any changes in my lifetime. We are babies in the world of Futbol. Let us be patient.

Now, who is doing the best in the whole USA? I will tell you right now. La Liga at ESPN DisneyWorld Resorts is doing the best because they are correct in anything that they do.

About the author. He is world renown within the sports. Has lived in many countries and has helped many kids to gain a soccer scholarship, yes college people. He is well respected in the world of soccer and has visited many big clubs in the world. Has kids. They all can ball. They have traveled with him and have played in big clubs. Does he care that you know who he is? Who cares… He is right and he is facetious and smart.

Parents are in denial. Deep down in place where the sun don't shine, they all know this is true. The parents will never admit it. They believe their child is different.

Comment

Here is what I see:

/\
        / \
        / \
        / DA \
        / ECNL\
        / NPL \
        / FPL \
        / FYSA. \
        / REC Ball. \

Solutions.

2. Play play play
        3. Play in the streets
        4. Play for fun

What a freakin' waste of time - the author's for writing it and mine for reading it. I took the time to slowly read through this whole thing and that is time I will never get back. We have 2 kids that have played for 12 years at some of the clubs called out by name. Our Daughter now plays at a selective D1 college on a scholarship that is basically 75% of the total cost of attendance. Most of this verbal diarrhea is 1/2 right and 1/2 wrong - the tricky part is figuring out which is which.

Comment

Well done, sir! But you forgot to rank DPL, specifically when it doesn’t feed into an actual DA. WFF stated that it’s on par with DA and ECNL—is that not accurate?

Comment

What a freakin' waste of time - the author's for writing it and mine for reading it. I took the time to slowly read through this whole thing and that is time I will never get back. We have 2 kids that have played for 12 years at some of the clubs called out by name. Our Daughter now plays at a selective D1 college on a scholarship that is basically 75% of the total cost of attendance. Most of this verbal diarrhea is 1/2 right and 1/2 wrong - the tricky part is figuring out which is which.
            Your 75% of total cost does that include the 120k plus for the 12 years of playing? In denial.

Comment

Your 75% of total cost does that include the 120k plus for the 12 years of playing? In denial.
              I guess your $120K would be $10K times 12 years? It didn't cost $10K/year until her Freshman year of high school when ECNL kicked in. It was a lot cheaper than that leading up to high school. But I understand, if you don't have the money some things seem very expensive.

I'm not going to argue "cost vs. value" with you because I sense that is not where you come from.

Comment

I guess your $120K would be $10K times 12 years? It didn't cost $10K/year until her Freshman year of high school when ECNL kicked in. It was a lot cheaper than that leading up to high school. But I understand, if you don't have the money some things seem very expensive.

I'm not going to argue "cost vs. value" with you because I sense that is not where you come from.
                Ecnl start at u13. Between club fee, your travel expenses, your player expenses, showcase fee, tournaments fee, and other you are all in 55k to 70k. That is just for ecnl Leading up to ecnl, the scam that is call pre ecnl is about 3.5 to 5k . This includes gas, hotel, food, team expenses, and coaches expenses. I have only counted 6 year. Prior to pre ecnl. Competitive soccer fees 1.5k to 2.5k. You seem like a soccer camp parent. Soccer camp fee 1k to 2k for 12 years. It is starting to add up. You don't have to take my world for it. Their are plenty of parents that have track all soccer spending and has blog about it. You are just in denial. Waking up is always the hardest thing to do. If you feel it was worth it because 75% of the college was paid for, than it was worth it. Congratulations.

Comment

Overall like the post. Seems you have issues with E Johnson and Rush. From someone at Rush have to agree the whole acys placement at the expense of players that have been with rush for years was down right wrong and will cost them players including our son after this season. No ecnl or older da their so your left with just npl/fpl....

Comment

Ecnl start at u13. Between club fee, your travel expenses, your player expenses, showcase fee, tournaments fee, and other you are all in 55k to 70k. That is just for ecnl Leading up to ecnl, the scam that is call pre ecnl is about 3.5 to 5k . This includes gas, hotel, food, team expenses, and coaches expenses. I have only counted 6 year. Prior to pre ecnl. Competitive soccer fees 1.5k to 2.5k. You seem like a soccer camp parent. Soccer camp fee 1k to 2k for 12 years. It is starting to add up. You don't have to take my world for it. Their are plenty of parents that have track all soccer spending and has blog about it. You are just in denial. Waking up is always the hardest thing to do. If you feel it was worth it because 75% of the college was paid for, than it was worth it. Congratulations.
                    Sadly for some, it's all about the money. Thankfully for others, the derived value is not measured in dollar terms.

I suggest that if you are primarily doing this to somehow, someday come out ahead monetarily in the form of a scholarship or some sort of professional playing contract, then stop now. However, most parents don't look at it that way so the original and subsequent posts are largely irrelevant.

Comment

Sadly for some, it's all about the money. Thankfully for others, the derived value is not measured in dollar terms.

I suggest that if you are primarily doing this to somehow, someday come out ahead monetarily in the form of a scholarship or some sort of professional playing contract, then stop now. However, most parents don't look at it that way so the original and subsequent posts are largely irrelevant.

All ecnl parents are doing it for scholarships. Once again, you show your denial. Zero players on an ecnl or da rooster are there just to play soccer. The parents and player has future goals. It either college, national team, professional or all three. Your are the exception. You are there for the kids to have fun, bond, and make friends. That is great as well.

Comment

All ecnl parents are doing it for scholarships. Once again, you show your denial. Zero players on an ecnl or da rooster are there just to play soccer. The parents and player has future goals. It either college, national team, professional or all three. Your are the exception. You are there for the kids to have fun, bond, and make friends. That is great as well.
                        Don't confuse getting into an excellent school with "scholarship". I'm sad for you that it's all about the money, but you need to stop projecting.

Comment

Reply to ECNL Parent

Not all players fall to this norm. What the author state is that we are in constant denial with the state of our kids. There are kids that forego their education for this sport. Beckham does not have a business degree but he has silky hair and tattoos and a clause that sold him a team for 25 million dollars. He did it. But many of you do not know the story of a player that plays D3 in Spain and his daddy paid an agent 2500 dollars to play on a roster. That daddy wants his son to play so he can move up and that daddy can show his son as a great player.

Be careful what you wish for.

Another thing ECNL does nothing for a player. DA does not do anything for a player. Look at Josh Seargant he left our great country. So did wonderboy Pullisic. So you all parents keep paying TBU, keep paying extra dues, keep donating money to TBU so you boy can “play” because if it wasn’t for your generous donations he would not play.

It is because of you great parents that this sport has gone nowhere.

Also you clubs and directors that know nothing. You have taught nothing to improve the game.

So who is to blame???

The system.

FYSA, US Soccer and you parents are to blame. Because you felt that you can manipulate anything you have ruined the sport because of your selfishness attitude to obtain a scholarship.

Ask USF and UCF who they want? Ask them what player they are looking for?

Its a player that has good grades so they can give him or her a 50% scholarship and then a 33% scholarship for the sport and 17 from grandma and daddy loans.

So no soccer did not pay your studies.

So go back to EJ and the little cones and pretend your are awsome. Feel good parents and justify your yearly expenditures because now that you made it you should feel awsome.

Note to the author. TBU and DA is a joke. Florida Premier is at least doing things differently check them out. Stay away from the Miami crowd cause they cant read!!

Comment

Not all players fall to this norm. What the author state is that we are in constant denial with the state of our kids. There are kids that forego their education for this sport. Beckham does not have a business degree but he has silky hair and tattoos and a clause that sold him a team for 25 million dollars. He did it. But many of you do not know the story of a player that plays D3 in Spain and his daddy paid an agent 2500 dollars to play on a roster. That daddy wants his son to play so he can move up and that daddy can show his son as a great player.

Be careful what you wish for.

Another thing ECNL does nothing for a player. DA does not do anything for a player. Look at Josh Seargant he left our great country. So did wonderboy Pullisic. So you all parents keep paying TBU, keep paying extra dues, keep donating money to TBU so you boy can “play” because if it wasn’t for your generous donations he would not play.

It is because of you great parents that this sport has gone nowhere.

Also you clubs and directors that know nothing. You have taught nothing to improve the game.

So who is to blame???

The system.

FYSA, US Soccer and you parents are to blame. Because you felt that you can manipulate anything you have ruined the sport because of your selfishness attitude to obtain a scholarship.

Ask USF and UCF who they want? Ask them what player they are looking for?

Its a player that has good grades so they can give him or her a 50% scholarship and then a 33% scholarship for the sport and 17 from grandma and daddy loans.

So no soccer did not pay your studies.

So go back to EJ and the little cones and pretend your are awsome. Feel good parents and justify your yearly expenditures because now that you made it you should feel awsome.

Note to the author. TBU and DA is a joke. Florida Premier is at least doing things differently check them out. Stay away from the Miami crowd cause they cant read!!
                            Thanks for the info. What is Florida premier? Please let me know.

Comment

I see you're exaggerating to make a point. A family could spend money on all that. We didn't. Our daughter could have played ECNL starting at U13. We chose not to. She competed for a spot on an ECNL team at U15 and we paid for ECNL for 4 years. It was a great investment. She's very happy playing soccer and gets 75% of the total cost of attendance paid for at a top-tier college in the northeast U.S. It was worth it. Again, it may not make sense for your family, depending on your financial situation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X