Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not for nothing, but Vermont closed schools until the Fall not too long ago. Personally I think that is overkill as this won't be a major problem in a low density state like Vermont, but at least they recognize that school is done and people can make arrangements instead of moving the goal posts every few weeks.
    Mass schools will be closing as well.

Comment

Not for nothing, but Vermont closed schools until the Fall not too long ago. Personally I think that is overkill as this won't be a major problem in a low density state like Vermont, but at least they recognize that school is done and people can make arrangements instead of moving the goal posts every few weeks.
      I agree that some point it's better to make a decision on school this spring rather than keep dangling the hope of going back. By now, we may be past that point.

Low-density areas might be facing more risk than you're allowing for. School might be one of the biggest opportunities to spread anything. There is also less medical infrastructure if any sort of outbreak happens.

Comment

Several states are making that call already. I think it will depend on 1) when your first closed 2) how late your school years goes normally 3) teacher contract end dates. It's possible schools could reopen mid May here, if all goes really well. Anything past that it makes less sense to send kids back into school together for what may just be 2-3 weeks at the most. Some states end school in mid to late May so then you know you won't be going back - and teacher contracts rule out summer school.

Comment

I agree that some point it's better to make a decision on school this spring rather than keep dangling the hope of going back. By now, we may be past that point.

Low-density areas might be facing more risk than you're allowing for. School might be one of the biggest opportunities to spread anything. There is also less medical infrastructure if any sort of outbreak happens.
          All it takes is a few super spreaders. There's a new study out today showing asymptomatic but infected carriers may be as high as 20% of the total infected - AND we still don't know how many are infected! More rural states do have some advantages but the risks are still very much there for schools, churches etc.

Comment

Wimbledon is canceled. It was supposed to take place from June 28th - July 11th. Let that sink in.

Comment

Wimbledon is canceled. It was supposed to take place from June 28th - July 11th. Let that sink in.
              Let it sink in? It’s an international tennis tournament so no surprise there.

Comment

Clubs should ban this tournament next year.......what college coach is going to the event at the end of June? They will be in preseason mode at that point

Comment

Clubs should ban this tournament next year.......what college coach is going to the event at the end of June? They will be in preseason mode at that point
                  Greedy Jeff Cup. Just refund the team fees and start working on 2021 tournament.

Comment

At the end of June? No they won't. Not until latter part of July or early August.

Comment

At the end of June? No they won't. Not until latter part of July or early August.
                      Only things coaches do in June/July is ID events. They may or may not be able to have them this summer. Preseason usually early August, but it's end of August for D3.

Comment

Greedy Jeff Cup. Just refund the team fees and start working on 2021 tournament.
                        Greedy, pathetic and disgusting to do what they are doing. No reason to keep millions of dollars without providing any service or product.

Comment

Greedy, pathetic and disgusting to do what they are doing. No reason to keep millions of dollars without providing any service or product.
                          Make sure you all remember this next year when you salivating over the prospect of what coaches will be there and how (un) important it really is
                          “A fool and his money soon go different ways”

Comment

It is complete BS. For those clubs who run tournaments, please explain what the overhead is that would prevent 75%+ of team registration refunds from being made.

Here's what I have come up with: Field rentals, referees, marketing and promotion, staffing, both on-site and for registration/vetting, security, food vendors, merchandising.

From what I can see of the above, while some overhead expenses for staffing and marketing may be necessary, everything else should have been cancelled or refunded. I can't imagine with so many teams that it would be more than $100/team for the existing overhead.

Tournaments have been known for a long time to be money-makers for clubs, this proves it. Time to blow this industry up and tell organizers in no-uncertain terms that the BS they pull is over.

Comment

Make sure you all remember this next year when you salivating over the prospect of what coaches will be there and how (un) important it really is
                              “A fool and his money soon go different ways”
                              As someone who has a child attending an expensive private out-of-state university, I respectfully disagree with your contrarian BS. 2020 is time for you to get a new script.

Comment

It is complete BS. For those clubs who run tournaments, please explain what the overhead is that would prevent 75%+ of team registration refunds from being made.

Here's what I have come up with: Field rentals, referees, marketing and promotion, staffing, both on-site and for registration/vetting, security, food vendors, merchandising.

From what I can see of the above, while some overhead expenses for staffing and marketing may be necessary, everything else should have been cancelled or refunded. I can't imagine with so many teams that it would be more than $100/team for the existing overhead.

Tournaments have been known for a long time to be money-makers for clubs, this proves it. Time to blow this industry up and tell organizers in no-uncertain terms that the BS they pull is over.
                                You tell em! why I oughta...
                                which brings us to your Or Else. Whachagonnado?
                                Please, please, tell me you will take your ball and go home

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X