Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How do you know him? You should say BB and not use his full name.
    If a person is publicly-known to be affiliated with a club, why all the fake privacy "just use their initials" nonsense? It's always struck me as more of a "we're the cool kids who know who you're talking about, but the ones who aren't in with the in crowd can just be kept in the dark" kind of bullsh*t on this board.

Comment

If a person is publicly-known to be affiliated with a club, why all the fake privacy "just use their initials" nonsense? It's always struck me as more of a "we're the cool kids who know who you're talking about, but the ones who aren't in with the in crowd can just be kept in the dark" kind of bullsh*t on this board.
      Sorry you aren’t in the cool kids club

Comment

Sorry you aren’t in the cool kids club
        Maybe not, but I'm smart enough to know how to go to a website and look at the names of people affiliated with the club, and match up initials. Which is why I'm suggesting all the use of initials is just nonsense when it's easy enough to figure out who's being talked about.

Comment

Maybe not, but I'm smart enough to know how to go to a website and look at the names of people affiliated with the club, and match up initials. Which is why I'm suggesting all the use of initials is just nonsense when it's easy enough to figure out who's being talked about.
          You can also look at older threads, and you'll see full names - clubs, high school and college coaches names, other sites will even have players' names - but they're not attacked indiscriminately like on TS. Of course we do post committed lists from clubs with names.
          Really silly to just post initials - I'm leaving the cool kids, I don't belong.

Comment

Sorry. First time on here. I heard so much buzz about this site I had to check it out myself. I didn’t know you couldn’t use full names. Sorry my kid plays for “BB” and he usually gathers up all the parents after training and just bashes the Club for 20 minutes. He gets no support,no direction and most of his anger is directed towards MH and BF. Says he feels like a guy on and island. No one on staff even talks to him. It’s horrible. He should go to Liverpool. That’s where I’m taking my kid.
            This is your first time posting, what about all the other GPS threads youve posted on?

We enjoyed your disguise but you can't fool us TS Loyalists. Better luck next time.

I think we know who you are...

Comment

If I ever had a kid on a club who's coach acted like that I'd leave. Employees with agendas soil an entire organization.
              Sorry, hoss. The club abandoned him. Literally. He was in a tough situation trying to do right by the kids and families on his two teams. He stayed on with GPS when other coaches left for another club and took teams with them. No support from the club, Doc, or other coaches. Treated like a pariah by association.

You're bashing him for telling his parents the truth when the entire club was a crapshow. Why should his repuation be tarnished by their shoddy business practices. The sooner he is out of there, the better.

Comment

Sorry, hoss. The club abandoned him. Literally. He was in a tough situation trying to do right by the kids and families on his two teams. He stayed on with GPS when other coaches left for another club and took teams with them. No support from the club, Doc, or other coaches. Treated like a pariah by association.

You're bashing him for telling his parents the truth when the entire club was a crapshow. Why should his repuation be tarnished by their shoddy business practices. The sooner he is out of there, the better.
                Again, listening to a one-sided opinion from a soiled employee tarnishes all the rest. It's a negative energy, and if I heard a coach going on with business issues to my kid, we are leaving. I do the same with any other business.

Kids don't want to hear that and don't understand it. It's unfair to put them in that position, using them as pawns.

Don't like where you are at? Move on, but leave the rest behind.

Comment

His reputation? Come on now.

Comment

His reputation? Come on now.
                    Yep. If he wants to continue to coach elsewhere. GPS can rebrand, rename, close shop and open up as Surf or whatever. Individual coach only has his/her name and reputation. Not too hard to understand.

Comment

Rebrand? You really think Surf is getting off the Ground? You do not know the Soccer Landscape. Do your homework/research before you come out here speaking on matters you know nothing about. When this is all over neither Club will be in existence.

Comment

Wanna bet?

Comment

What region falls first???

Comment

GPS is in the process of closing shop after laying off their entire full-time and part-time coaching staff last night. All but a handful of managers are gone. Those few that remain will be left with the job of shuttering the company.

After an FBI raid last October and a subsequent string of lawsuits left the company on weak financial footing, it appears as though the coronavirus dealt the final blow for the club.
                            Fire burned you sucker.

Comment

They can't even afford to pay their refs from the March tournament. Jeez, GPS has become a steaming pile of dung .

Comment

This should never happen again

They can't even afford to pay their refs from the March tournament. Jeez, GPS has become a steaming pile of dung .
                                Even if we get through this sooner rather than later, who will trust GPS going forward?
                                This should be a lesson for all. This could have been any other club (insert name here) at the time of the shutdown. The leagues and USO (for tournaments) should require all clubs to place quarterly payments in escrow to prevent this from ever happening again.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X