Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new professional/amateur team in Massachusetts !!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new professional/amateur team in Massachusetts !!!!

Mass United FC "The Riders"

This team has recently been accepted to the 2011 season of the NPSL (National Premier Soccer League). We will be playing our home games up at Manning Field in Lynn, MA. Our division includes the following high profile teams: Brooklyn Italians, Morris County Colonials, NY Athletic Club, NH Mountaineers,New York Red Bulls and Seacoast United.

This season is scheduled to begin at the end of May and we would like to urge players and fans alike to start taking an interest in our club as we look to promote a more cost effective alternative to that lot down in Foxboro.

Find us on facebook
    /massunitedfc

Find us on twitter
    @massunitedfc

Find us on the web
    http://www.massunitedfc.com (still under construction)
    http://www.nationalpremiersoccerleag...5986/TEAM.html

How can a team be both "professional" and "amateur"?

Comment

Good luck in your venture. I hope it's a success.

Meanwhile, you might find yourself better supported if you didn't take potshots at other ventures. "That lot down in Foxboro" offers a better brand of soccer than yours will/can in the league you describe. That's why it will be more "cost effective"--if by that you mean "cost less." Why not just say an "alternative experience" or some such qualifier? For example, the Lowell Spinners do not put down the Pawsox. They market themselves as another experience altogether.

Again, go for it.

Comment

The NPSL has recently entertained a change in their policies to allow professional player's to play alongside the amateurs, making the league more attractive to potential players and scouts alike. There are some finer points to work out because of the affect of college player elligibility etc. but I believe it is something that will be coming to fruition as early as the 2012 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Good luck in your venture. I hope it's a success.

Meanwhile, you might find yourself better supported if you didn't take potshots at other ventures. "That lot down in Foxboro" offers a better brand of soccer than yours will/can in the league you describe. That's why it will be more "cost effective"--if by that you mean "cost less." Why not just say an "alternative experience" or some such qualifier? For example, the Lowell Spinners do not put down the Pawsox. They market themselves as another experience altogether.

Again, go for it.
          Geesh! Don't take things so seriously!

Comment

In response to the second comment I wasn't suggesting it as a "pot shot", merely as a tongue in cheek remark (perhaps my English sarcasm does not translate onto a soccer forum appropriately, so I shall refrain from it in future posts). We are merely trying very hard to offer a national based professional soccer club with strong ties to the community. We have great aspirations as an organization and the league itself is a young but successful USL competitor.

Coming from England where choices are almost limitless on where you can go to watch/play a high level of soccer for very little out of pocket, we are looking to offer the same thing, I think you'll agree that watching an MLS game is quite a costly undertaking and we are looking to merely provide a high quality alternative that doesn't break the bank but can still offer the same level of entertainment.

I hope that clears things up.

Comment

Originally posted by massunitedfc View Post
              In response to the second comment I wasn't suggesting it as a "pot shot", merely as a tongue in cheek remark (perhaps my English sarcasm does not translate onto a soccer forum appropriately, so I shall refrain from it in future posts). We are merely trying very hard to offer a national based professional soccer club with strong ties to the community. We have great aspirations as an organization and the league itself is a young but successful USL competitor.

Coming from England where choices are almost limitless on where you can go to watch/play a high level of soccer for very little out of pocket, we are looking to offer the same thing, I think you'll agree that watching an MLS game is quite a costly undertaking and we are looking to merely provide a high quality alternative that doesn't break the bank but can still offer the same level of entertainment.

Yep, just another failed soccer venture.

Comment

I (poster #5) got your humor, Massunitedfc. You have to realize that there are people in this forum always looking for something to bitch about and amazingly they seem to outnumber the rest of us which only continues to support my theory that they are Democrats. ;) Besides projecting all the time, Democrats have no sense of humor either.

Comment

Yep, just another failed soccer venture.
                  Poster #5 again, why say that? There was a time that the Boston Bulldogs was a great and inexpensive soccer venue to take kids to. I seem to recall Steve Nicol among those who played for the Bulldogs. Before the Bulldogs there was the Worcester Wildfire. Got to see some well known coaches playing in their hay day along with local talent who were headed off to play in college. It was great fun. Hopefully this group can do the same.

Comment

What are the details:

- cost
                    -tryout info
                    etc...

Comment

Poster #5 again, why say that? There was a time that the Boston Bulldogs was a great and inexpensive soccer venue to take kids to. I seem to recall Steve Nicol among those who played for the Bulldogs. Before the Bulldogs there was the Worcester Wildfire. Got to see some well known coaches playing in their hay day along with local talent who were headed off to play in college. It was great fun. Hopefully this group can do the same.
                      Good luck - I'm saying that positively, with encouragement. There was a post recently about those Bulldog games over in Framingham and the good family vibe they had.

Comment

Sounds great! Good luck!!

Comment

Tryout's are currently being held regularly at a couple of indoor venue's in Massachusetts. We have already contracted a handful of player's but are looking to carry a large roster to give us better flexibility over the course of the season.

The league as a whole is currently working on establishing a relationship with the Jamaican premier league and it's players and also talks are under way to setup an affiliation with a Blue Square Premier team in England. This is going to be useful to us as a club to help send and receive player's overseas's for short periods to get more experience.

The age group is mostly 17 and up really, essentially any age that can hack it at the adult level as this is an adult league. The cost to the amateur player if they are offered a contract is a simply a refundable deposit for the equipment they receive. Currently that amount has been set at $395, they will get this back less the $75 player registration fee upon termination.

As far as the cost to attend the games, well that could be anywhere from $0 to $5 as we do not intend to make money from the attendance so a lot of tickets will be gifted, especially in the surrounding communities or during special event's and promotions. Concessions and merchandise of course may vary, but again we are trying very hard to make this affordable to everyone. We believe money should never be the deciding factor when choosing to at least attend one of our games, it is all about the game itself and providing opportunities for our supporter's.

Comment

We believe money should never be the deciding factor.......
                            Now if only we could bring that same philosophy to youth soccer!

Comment

Tryout's are currently being held regularly at a couple of indoor venue's in Massachusetts. We have already contracted a handful of player's but are looking to carry a large roster to give us better flexibility over the course of the season.

The league as a whole is currently working on establishing a relationship with the Jamaican premier league and it's players and also talks are under way to setup an affiliation with a Blue Square Premier team in England. This is going to be useful to us as a club to help send and receive player's overseas's for short periods to get more experience.

The age group is mostly 17 and up really, essentially any age that can hack it at the adult level as this is an adult league. The cost to the amateur player if they are offered a contract is a simply a refundable deposit for the equipment they receive. Currently that amount has been set at $395, they will get this back less the $75 player registration fee upon termination.

As far as the cost to attend the games, well that could be anywhere from $0 to $5 as we do not intend to make money from the attendance so a lot of tickets will be gifted, especially in the surrounding communities or during special event's and promotions. Concessions and merchandise of course may vary, but again we are trying very hard to make this affordable to everyone. We believe money should never be the deciding factor when choosing to at least attend one of our games, it is all about the game itself and providing opportunities for our supporter's.
                              I don't see on the web pages you provided links to where there is any info about try-outs or other details you speak of? Is such info coming?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X