Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In soccer the Rules are not agreed upon....they are discretionary per each referee per each game....soccer is a game.
    Wrong. The rules are certainly written and spelled out. Whether or not the referee gets them right, is not specific to soccer. EVERY sport has that issue.

Definitely a sport..

Comment

Is Soccer a game or sport? - Friendly Arguments Only

Wrong. The rules are certainly written and spelled out. Whether or not the referee gets them right, is not specific to soccer. EVERY sport has that issue.

Definitely a sport..
      In international wrestling you need 2/3 of referees to agree on points scored with video review. In boxing you have a panel of judges that determine points scored.

If soccer is a real sport why don't we have 2/3 of referees call a foul? If soccer was important the referees would be properly trained right?...soccer, basketball, american football are games. (great games but just games). sorry, for all the hardcore soccer fans out their....i'm a soccer fan too just calling a spade a spade.

Comment

In international wrestling you need 2/3 of referees to agree on points scored with video review. In boxing you have a panel of judges that determine points scored.

If soccer is a real sport why don't we have 2/3 of referees call a foul? If soccer was important the referees would be properly trained right?...soccer, basketball, american football are games. (great games but just games). sorry, for all the hardcore soccer fans out their....i'm a soccer fan too just calling a spade a spade.
        You are using boxing as an example of non-discretionary application of rules and scoring? LMAO!

Comment

You are not making any sense. Soccer referees ARE extensively trained at the pro levels just like any other sport. Child leagues have less experienced and less trained referees, just like pee wee football, youth basketball, and any other sport. No difference.

So you believe that football, basketball, and soccer are games, and wrestling is a sport? You have to be just trolling this thread. They play football games, basketball games, and soccer matches, but they are all "sports".

Comment

You are not making any sense. Soccer referees ARE extensively trained at the pro levels just like any other sport. Child leagues have less experienced and less trained referees, just like pee wee football, youth basketball, and any other sport. No difference.

So you believe that football, basketball, and soccer are games, and wrestling is a sport? You have to be just trolling this thread. They play football games, basketball games, and soccer matches, but they are all "sports".

So Why did you conveniently place the word "matches" for games for soccer and not for basketball or football? everyday of the week people ask "what time is the soccer game?" "what time is the basketball game?" They are games....If you need a ball...ITS A GAME...Its part of the criteria.

Comment

So Why did you conveniently place the word "matches" for games for soccer and not for basketball or football? everyday of the week people ask "what time is the soccer game?" "what time is the basketball game?" They are games....If you need a ball...ITS A GAME...Its part of the criteria.
              So, I thought singles tennis was a sport, not anymore? Remember, "its part of the criteria".

Dumb thread.

Comment

So, I thought singles tennis was a sport, not anymore? Remember, "its part of the criteria".

Dumb thread.

My Bad....Did not mean to leave out singles tennis, In the earlier posts Singles Tennis definitely meets 2 out of 3 criteria so I believe we labeled singles tennis as a hybrid Sport.

In this day in age people get all offended over mis-communication, and unintentionally forgetting to clarify things...sorry.

Soccer and Basket Ball does not meet any of the 3 criteria....Therefore Definitely NOT A SPORT.

Comment

It's part of what criteria? The one you made up, and figured if you keep repeating it, it would become fact? There is no criteria that says that you need a ball, then it's a game.

Comment

It's part of what criteria? The one you made up, and figured if you keep repeating it, it would become fact? There is no criteria that says that you need a ball, then it's a game.

All criteria is made by men (not gods). Even though I enjoy watching a soccer game with my family...I don't let my love for the game cloud my judgement. Soccer is a GAME, not a sport plain and simple. Perhaps you cant comprehend this and/or perhaps you need to justify your own existence because perhaps you have never participated in a real sport to know the difference.

Comment

All criteria is made by men (not gods). Even though I enjoy watching a soccer game with my family...I don't let my love for the game cloud my judgement. Soccer is a GAME, not a sport plain and simple. Perhaps you cant comprehend this and/or perhaps you need to justify your own existence because perhaps you have never participated in a real sport to know the difference.
                      Dumb response. Dumb thread.

Comment

What is dumb is your pathetic response...Is that the best you can do? say "Dumb response. Dumb thread"....you don't like the answers so you provide a pathetic and downplayed response?...you have no backbone...you are a jelly fish.

Your response is easy like a soccer practice. FYI the average HS soccer practice is about 2 hrs a day / 5 days a week for a 90 min. game. The average HS wrestling practice is also 2 hrs a day / 5 days a week but for a 6 min. match.

Yes...You need to train harder for a real sport!!!!!!!!! :)

Comment

What is dumb is your pathetic response...Is that the best you can do? say "Dumb response. Dumb thread"....you don't like the answers so you provide a pathetic and downplayed response?...you have no backbone...you are a jelly fish.

Your response is easy like a soccer practice. FYI the average HS soccer practice is about 2 hrs a day / 5 days a week for a 90 min. game. The average HS wrestling practice is also 2 hrs a day / 5 days a week but for a 6 min. match.

Still dumb. Your justification makes it even more dumb.

Comment

What's dumb is that people are actually getting upset over this silly debate.

Comment

Comment

What's dumb is that people are actually getting upset over this silly debate.

Finally....someone with common sense :) (Other than me) :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X