Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Default Contacting minors thru social media

My 12 year old daughter and her friends have had a coach that they know at another club contacting them through personal snapchat and instagram accounts trying to get them to join his team, sometimes late at night. Is this something that is allowed to happen or are there rules in place to prevent this?
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Rule of common sense. Find a different team.
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

As a coach of a u13 boys team, I would never contact any player directly. This coach/trainer should now better and they should block him/her immediately or you as a parent should contact them and tell them it's inappropriate. Good luck
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As a coach of a u13 boys team, I would never contact any player directly. This coach/trainer should know better and they should block him/her immediately or you as a parent should contact them and tell them it's inappropriate. Good luck
Agreed- Contact his club also.
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
My 12 year old daughter and her friends have had a coach that they know at another club contacting them through personal snapchat and instagram accounts trying to get them to join his team, sometimes late at night. Is this something that is allowed to happen or are there rules in place to prevent this?
It's great that your daughter is telling you this also. Good job
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Yes great that your child told you. It is unacceptable to reach out to students prior to HS. Even in HS communications should be kept to facts only like information about practice times, what jersey to wear etc via a text or email chain. No friending or other social media. Purely informational. A smart coach copies parents on everything regardless of age.
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes great that your child told you. It is unacceptable to reach out to students prior to HS. Even in HS communications should be kept to facts only like information about practice times, what jersey to wear etc via a text or email chain. No friending or other social media. Purely informational. A smart coach copies parents on everything regardless of age.
I agree 100%. This guy/girl is only looking for trouble regardless if they are just kidding around. (Which will be his/her response)
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Definitely thatís a NO. No coach should be reaching out to your child on social media itís absolutely inappropriate. I would let that person know, and cc their DOC. I wouldnít want some coach with clearly poor judgement anywhere near my kid! Recruiting 12 year olds ***! Sleazy tactics. I think I know which club.
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

FC SESA has been known to contact players from other clubs via their Instagram account. What would you judge that to be?
Old 09-26-2018
Unregistered

Smile

I have 2004 and 2007 players, my 2004 was contacted and offered free training at FC SESA.

Blocked them from my sons social media accounts. I have Never heard of a club using this tactic to recruit before. I agree 100% Clubs should have rules governing the contact of minors through social media. Disturbing.

2007 has no social media yet. It wont be long until that conversation starts.