Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any word?
She quit. The team and her did not get along. She is done as a college soccer coach
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Default what happened to the Iona Womens Coach Brady?

Quote:
She quit. The team and her did not get along. She is done as a college soccer coach
I have no clue of the details, however looking back as a college athlete and the issues I had with my coach as well as some of my team mates...looking back now that I'm in my 40s with wife, kids family, kids coach, etc. I was a dumb kid in my early 20s....I did not have to like or get along with my coach....his job was to say, and my job was to do...without question...like Mr. Myagee.

Hopefully this issue works out for all involved...however I see a trend in our society that our kids/people need to constantly be pampered and wet-nursed. Everyone is so sensitive with pathetic feelings that just makes me sick.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I have no clue of the details, however looking back as a college athlete and the issues I had with my coach as well as some of my team mates...looking back now that I'm in my 40s with wife, kids family, kids coach, etc. I was a dumb kid in my early 20s....I did not have to like or get along with my coach....his job was to say, and my job was to do...without question...like Mr. Myagee.

Hopefully this issue works out for all involved...however I see a trend in our society that our kids/people need to constantly be pampered and wet-nursed. Everyone is so sensitive with pathetic feelings that just makes me sick.
While I agree with the sentiment, sometimes a coach is just awful. In life you will have professors, bosses, relatives that drive you nuts and you have to figure out have to deal with it, or change the situation. I can't say if that's the case here, but there are times when coaches need to find a new career path.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I would reach out to interim coach to see where school stands on current commits.
Will the school honor prior coaches deals? Do they even have a records of commits ? Best recommendation is to have a backup plan available for your child's future in the event things go sideways.
One of the biggest drawbacks of early recruiting is the increased possibility the coach will leave. Most coaches will honor next fall's commits because they know kids don't have many options at this point. But what if the new coach doesn't like you, or you don't like them? You could get cut the next year. This is why 1) always love the school and if you get to play soccer and like it you're a lottery winner 2) never burn bridges. Sometimes you can call your #2 option and they still might be interested (probably no money left but it's worth a phone call).
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
One of the biggest drawbacks of early recruiting is the increased possibility the coach will leave. Most coaches will honor next fall's commits because they know kids don't have many options at this point. But what if the new coach doesn't like you, or you don't like them? You could get cut the next year. This is why 1) always love the school and if you get to play soccer and like it you're a lottery winner 2) never burn bridges. Sometimes you can call your #2 option and they still might be interested (probably no money left but it's worth a phone call).
Confirmed. No money left. They didn't have much to start and what little they have is committed. Interim coach told me that they have no budget to attend showcases so do all their recruiting at high schools in NY and Long Island. D1 in name only. Many D3 schools have more resources.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

I'm surprised this tread hasn't been removed yet. Directly naming an individual on a thread title. Talking about someone in this manor when we don't know the whole story. And who is probably trying to move on with her life and work again. You wouldn't want your business talked about on a social thread. So be respectful and don't talk about hers.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm surprised this tread hasn't been removed yet. Directly naming an individual on a thread title. Talking about someone in this manor when we don't know the whole story. And who is probably trying to move on with her life and work again. You wouldn't want your business talked about on a social thread. So be respectful and don't talk about hers.
Do you realize that by commenting you bring this thread back to the top?? A week went by and the thread was on its way to oblivion and—Bingo! I’ve never seen a thread “removed” from this site. Look at those active threads with hundreds of pages filled with misinformation and uninformed opinions. Boy, are you both self-righteous and naive.
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Do you realize that by commenting you bring this thread back to the top?? A week went by and the thread was on its way to oblivion and—Bingo! I’ve never seen a thread “removed” from this site. Look at those active threads with hundreds of pages filled with misinformation and uninformed opinions. Boy, are you both self-righteous and naive.
And it wasn't a disparaging thread either. Actually thought it was factual and informative.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Sooooo glad my daughter turned her down. She was on the fence because they weren't a good team, but what convinced her to pick another school was watching her coach. She would tolerate players screaming at her and instead of sitting them, she would put them back in the game.
How dare the other players allowing this. That is not only disrespectful to the coach, but to the program. I would be pissed at my kid if she allowed this to occur.
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Or just a decent person who wants to show another person respect. Self-righteous and naďve? When did wanting respect for others become an inferior quality. What is wrong with you? Do you kick puppies too or just kittens?