Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
oh and ill tell you how she went about it. She trained hard. Improved. sat down with a respected soccer figure listed her list of criteria for a College. I will stick to the soccer ones as this is a soccer forum

- playing surface
- climate

then picked out the schools that she felt she could handle academically.

Sent a form letter to the hundreds of schools that reached out unsolicited to say she was not ready to make a decision. Contacted the schools she liked. Visited the 4 schools that met her criteria. made a decision and committed.

never attended an ID camp at any school. never asked a coach to come and watch a game. never sent any film to any coach.

is that helpful for you ?
Not really.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Not really.
Im shocked
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Im shocked
I doubt that.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

if you don't have anything to offer here - why do you keep replying? allow others to discuss freely what they want. if the topic doesn't suit you no need to keep trolling the page. we get it - you think there's nothing to be learned here and that's fine. others clearly have different opinions on this topic and wish to share freely their experience.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
if you don't have anything to offer here - why do you keep replying? allow others to discuss freely what they want. if the topic doesn't suit you no need to keep trolling the page. we get it - you think there's nothing to be learned here and that's fine. others clearly have different opinions on this topic and wish to share freely their experience.
I was just pushing back at the ass with too much time on his hands and the super hero player. Let's get some useful stories.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I was just pushing back at the ass with too much time on his hands and the super hero player. Let's get some useful stories.
There's been some already. How about you offer something up smart azz
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
There's been some already. How about you offer something up smart azz
Lol. I did previously and was instantly scolded by a real charmer - probably you.
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Were you the "my kid had no trouble getting recruited to a top program with no effort"? Well, your experience is very atypical from most players. Some of the advice on here has been spot on for what more typical players experience/need to do.

different poster
Old 09-20-2018
Unregistered

Shame this thread has been hijacked, it was a good effort OP.

I call BS on the poster with that superstar player. Parents with that level player are very secure and dont troll message boards to make themselves feel better.

-- new poster
Old 09-21-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
i call BS on this. the poster just does not have the same experience as you. that does not equal nothing to offer. none of these posts are really sharing anything. They are people trying to show you how in the know they are. This ....

I see a lot of families that get sucked into commitment being the "next step" on the club soccer treadmill. They do it because others are. Your situation is unique and you should be clear about that. people calling me names or saying its negative are wrong. its so unique to you that other than pretty obvious stuff, there is no advice i can really give you other than know your child and plan accordingly. The best advice would actually be save enough $$ to make soccer a non issue.

Just keeping it real.

..is the most informative thing posted so far.