Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

Default RDS Showcase team inquiry

Hello all, anyone have a child who has done the an RDS Showcase team? My Daughter got an invite for the tryout. But it is in NJ and we are on Long Island. Says it consists of 1 practice and then 1 Showcase. This is my first foray into soccer with my kids. Any opinions?
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

What year? I think they invite pretty much everyone who does an RDS. My daughter did one of the spring training groups and said aside from a few girls most of the kids were not great.
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What year? I think they invite pretty much everyone who does an RDS. My daughter did one of the spring training groups and said aside from a few girls most of the kids were not great.
Probably for Winter Showcase.

They do a tournament with the chosen team at Soccer Coliseum. They truly will pick the best players and will only invite kids they see potential in. This is not like PDP or ODP where they will invite anyone to come pay for a tryout. Worse case scenario is you get a free training out of it which with RBs is always good. It is hard to get to NJ, but my kid got a lot out of the RDS program and very happy we did it.
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

What is the winter showcase?
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello all, anyone have a child who has done the an RDS Showcase team? My Daughter got an invite for the tryout. But it is in NJ and we are on Long Island. Says it consists of 1 practice and then 1 Showcase. This is my first foray into soccer with my kids. Any opinions?
I got same invitation, but try out is Monday 10/01 and very far.. so I gave up.. I don't want to drive for 2 hrs for one way for tryout + practice
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

ours is for Oct 29th ..... just trying to get an idea if it is worth it. What is the benefit? to me is sounds like just bragging rights... any real benefit for the child?
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
ours is for Oct 29th ..... just trying to get an idea if it is worth it. What is the benefit? to me is sounds like just bragging rights... any real benefit for the child?
I've never done this, but common sense says the player would get to play with other top players with a high level of play, likely higher than their club team. Plus good coaching, and getting the player on coaches' radar, if playing for the Red Bulls is a goal. It is something good to put on the player's soccer resume too.

Now, if your family isn't on this type of path then the costs, in time and travel might not make sense.
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I assume its not worth it. if RB wants to invite talented kid, it must be Free like NYCFC (city training).

NYCFC inviting kids to Free training. coaches are DA academy coaches

Go NYCFC!!
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I assume its not worth it. if RB wants to invite talented kid, it must be Free like NYCFC (city training).

NYCFC inviting kids to Free training. coaches are DA academy coaches

Go NYCFC!!
She said it was a daughter. NYCFC now girls playing for their funded BDA MLS academy? Goof for them. Redbulls does not even have a gda for girls much less allowing girls to participate in their funded BDA academy.
Old 09-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
She said it was a daughter. NYCFC now girls playing for their funded BDA MLS academy? Goof for them. Redbulls does not even have a gda for girls much less allowing girls to participate in their funded BDA academy.
Good for them.