•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Any on frame?
    What are you talking about?

I watched part of the game. Duke was so much better that Duke gave the bench some opportunities. It was fun to watch. The starters are really good. This team might have something.

Comment

Now what Wisconsin did against Hofstra, that’s something. One fwd, 4 shots there as well and 4 goals by her. Let’s see how they fare against Georgetown before anointing the dutchesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What are you talking about?

I watched part of the game. Duke was so much better that Duke gave the bench some opportunities. It was fun to watch. The starters are really good. This team might have something.
        Not this year, unfortunately. They barely squeaked by a rebuilding Rutgers.

Comment

Not this year, unfortunately. They barely squeaked by a rebuilding Rutgers.
          Agreed. Most programs would consider making it to the round of 16 in a rebuilding year to be a huge success. Got some jealous parents on this site who can’t stand the fact that those local kids playing at Duke are doing so well and have to keep trying to knock them. Pretty sad behavior.

Comment

Agreed. Most programs would consider making it to the round of 16 in a rebuilding year to be a huge success. Got some jealous parents on this site who can’t stand the fact that those local kids playing at Duke are doing so well and have to keep trying to knock them. Pretty sad behavior.
            I am not knocking Duke as it's a storied program. But I would not consider this year a success in even in the rebuild. Does the team think they are plug-ins for the future better team? I don't think so.

They just don't have chemistry still this late in the season. They finished pretty low in conference and hanging on in the Cup. They should be doing a lot better and they aren't. For the local kids, I hope they do better. I just think they are lucky to be where they are not because they are dominating. Backing into the position isn't what I would consider a huge success.

Comment

I am not knocking Duke as it's a storied program. But I would not consider this year a success in even in the rebuild. Does the team think they are plug-ins for the future better team? I don't think so.

They just don't have chemistry still this late in the season. They finished pretty low in conference and hanging on in the Cup. They should be doing a lot better and they aren't. For the local kids, I hope they do better. I just think they are lucky to be where they are not because they are dominating. Backing into the position isn't what I would consider a huge success.
              Great troll.

8-1-1 in ACC. Rough year for sure against a conference that has 7 teams in the sweet 16. They went 2-2-2 against teams in the sweet 16. 1-0 loss to FSU in the tournament sucked, but I think FSU May be one of the most talented teams in the country. Their match up against USC will be a game to watch.

Hope Duke rebounds and plays better in conference next year...lol.

Duke plays a great style of soccer. One of a handful of teams that are playing the game the right way (loved what I saw out of Penn State so far). I like watching FSU, USC, and Stanford also. Those 3 teams are more athletic than Duke right now. Probably penn state too.

Duke is missing some speed up top and a dynamic forward, IMO. Next year, I think the local forward will replace what McCoy is giving them no problem (they seem similar players from what I see) What do they have coming in next year?

Seems like Raciope (spelling??) has been injured (foot) and maybe not quite as dynamic as she might normally be.

Also...from reading most of this thread, but not all...mom of MKM...I mean no direpesct at all, I think your daughter is a solid player for a great school and program. I just see her as more of a back to goal, turn and strike type target.

Comment

As far as plug in’s...

I think the Mass forward will be similar if not quite as good as McCoy. Similar skill set.

I think Pluck will be a replacement for Raciope. Plus I think you will see the other wing, Bode play more. She has some bounce.

They have 6 mids coming in I think. They need a dynamic threat up top.

Who else is graduating?

Comment

Don't worry...they have the dynamic threat up top already...just wait and see next year

Comment

This is some one act play were are seeing on this thread.

Comment

Great troll.

8-1-1 in ACC. Rough year for sure against a conference that has 7 teams in the sweet 16. They went 2-2-2 against teams in the sweet 16. 1-0 loss to FSU in the tournament sucked, but I think FSU May be one of the most talented teams in the country. Their match up against USC will be a game to watch.

Hope Duke rebounds and plays better in conference next year...lol.

Duke plays a great style of soccer. One of a handful of teams that are playing the game the right way (loved what I saw out of Penn State so far). I like watching FSU, USC, and Stanford also. Those 3 teams are more athletic than Duke right now. Probably penn state too.

Duke is missing some speed up top and a dynamic forward, IMO. Next year, I think the local forward will replace what McCoy is giving them no problem (they seem similar players from what I see) What do they have coming in next year?

Seems like Raciope (spelling??) has been injured (foot) and maybe not quite as dynamic as she might normally be.

Also...from reading most of this thread, but not all...mom of MKM...I mean no direpesct at all, I think your daughter is a solid player for a great school and program. I just see her as more of a back to goal, turn and strike type target.
                      ACC record is a bit of a mirage. Not one signature win. Failed to make ACC finals. Seeded 4 , below UVA. people who watch this stuff know. Big reach to say you will get what McCoy gives now.20+g and 10+ a the last 2 years as a player the other team focused on. Its very different coming off the bench facing second units and/or tired starters.

Duke should and will always be good, but I think you are really assuming an awful lot. I done see any Paynes, Quinns, Dorseys, McCoys or Racioppis on the horizon.

The ACC is a tough conference at the top FSU always reload from abroad. UNC will always be UNC and have you looked at their freshman class this year? Same with UVA . Both UNC and UVA putting impact freshmen on the All ACC teams. This league is not going to be easy going forward for Duke. Right now they are 4th in talent.

Comment

Pretty weak. I dont think Coach Church would agree wth you.

Comment

ACC record is a bit of a mirage. Not one signature win. Failed to make ACC finals. Seeded 4 , below UVA. people who watch this stuff know. Big reach to say you will get what McCoy gives now.20+g and 10+ a the last 2 years as a player the other team focused on. Its very different coming off the bench facing second units and/or tired starters.

Duke should and will always be good, but I think you are really assuming an awful lot. I done see any Paynes, Quinns, Dorseys, McCoys or Racioppis on the horizon.

The ACC is a tough conference at the top FSU always reload from abroad. UNC will always be UNC and have you looked at their freshman class this year? Same with UVA . Both UNC and UVA putting impact freshmen on the All ACC teams. This league is not going to be easy going forward for Duke. Right now they are 4th in talent.
                          I’m not going to argue about talent vs. FSU, UNC, and UVA. They are loaded for sure. All three of those state schools have built in advantages in recruiting compared to Duke. Certainly easier to recruit quality depth.

Think about that measuring stick though....Who is as talented as those 3 teams? I’d say only USC, UCLA, and Stanford.

Comment

I’m not going to argue about talent vs. FSU, UNC, and UVA. They are loaded for sure. All three of those state schools have built in advantages in recruiting compared to Duke. Certainly easier to recruit quality depth.

Think about that measuring stick though....Who is as talented as those 3 teams? I’d say only USC, UCLA, and Stanford.
                            But that is the league you are in. Thats your competition. You need to wake up. This is not Mas kids vs each other anymore. This whole thread seems like a "my kid is better than your kid" thread. Pointless now.

Comment

Here endeth the thread

Comment

Here endeth the thread
                                One can only hope.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X