Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please elaborate on how SUSA develops players, IMO you are better off getting a small group of players (about 3) together and have a recognized private trainer. There are many trainers in LI but only a few that can help develop your child. RR has better trainers than SUSA.
Agreed, most of SUSA's development is done at the expense of other clubs that they rip players from and then claim as there own. Coaches do not need to do much work with kids they have as they know the next best thing is just around the corner.
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
The Rough Riders are great. They are the nicest guys around, and very good trainers. The management is always willing to accommodate and help with whatever you need.

My son had a very good time and made lots of friends. They learned good soccer. Precursor to NYCFC DA is a plus.
We did there winter select last year and I thought the training was awesomeb. The coaches played everyone equally and my son really improved
Old 08-22-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Just wanted to see what people thought of the rough rider pre academy program. Any help would be greatly appreciated
First of all, I have no skin in the game anymore. My kids have aged out of the RR program. Both of my son and daughter have participated in the RR program for years. I found the coaches engaging and my kids learned a lot. I credit the extra training in helping them improve faster, and learn more of the technical skills that is crucial in their development. Even though we were in a good club, he extra training made a difference. As they got older and other training programs like Red Bulls, ODP, and PDP became an option, more kids then spread in different directions and the quality wasn't as high.

I would completely recommend the program. You can then evaluate if you see a benefit in your child, which is what counts.
Old 08-22-2018
Unregistered

Nothing but good things to say about lirr.
Until about 13-14
Great trainers...
Old 08-23-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Nothing but good things to say about lirr.
Until about 13-14
Great trainers...
What happened at age 13-14??
Old 08-23-2018
Unregistered

When I was there at 13-14 attendance got low.... but now with GDA and them playing edp.. I donít know.
Old 08-23-2018
Unregistered

RR pre academy training is 75mins/per week on Sunday + few tournaments ?
Old 08-25-2018
Unregistered

I can only speak as a parent of kids who paid against RR. Our oldest who is now a senior in HS always had good games against RR. Well coached teams that were organized and played well despite not having any amazing talent. Solid players but no superstars. Our youngest is 12 and played them 2 years ago in the NYCFC league. Those games were disasters. Coaches looked like they would rather be elsewhere. Kids were ok talent wise but they were so disorganized. It also got very rough. On game was called early by referee because a kid who kept getting dispossessed walked up to one of our players and punched him in the back of the head. That is a statement on the coaching and not a hot headed 10 year old. I would look elsewhere. LI has so many great options.
Old 08-26-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I can only speak as a parent of kids who paid against RR. Our oldest who is now a senior in HS always had good games against RR. Well coached teams that were organized and played well despite not having any amazing talent. Solid players but no superstars. Our youngest is 12 and played them 2 years ago in the NYCFC league. Those games were disasters. Coaches looked like they would rather be elsewhere. Kids were ok talent wise but they were so disorganized. It also got very rough. On game was called early by referee because a kid who kept getting dispossessed walked up to one of our players and punched him in the back of the head. That is a statement on the coaching and not a hot headed 10 year old. I would look elsewhere. LI has so many great options.
Thanks for the feedback. So what are some other good options if your son/daughter wants to keep playing for their town team?
Old 08-26-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
This post is not from someone who was in the program, and frankly sounds so unlike anything I've seen or heard about RR that I think it's BS. Sounds like a disgruntled parent who lost a game. Implying the RR encourages dirty or rough play, is a complete lie. "No superstars?" That's a stupid comment. You send kids to RR to train and get better. They don't recruit a "team". If you want your kid to get better, send them to RR.