Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Experience with rough riders

Just wanted to see what people thought of the rough rider pre academy program. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wanted to see what people thought of the rough rider pre academy program. Any help would be greatly appreciated
The program use to be very good. Then it was good. Now it is just OK. It depends on the level of your kid. If they are from a town team then RR may be worth it. They take just about any kid these days. Use to be selective, but there are so many options now that they donít get the better kids any longer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wanted to see what people thought of the rough rider pre academy program. Any help would be greatly appreciated
SUSA is a better option
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SUSA is a better option
Please elaborate on how SUSA develops players, IMO you are better off getting a small group of players (about 3) together and have a recognized private trainer. There are many trainers in LI but only a few that can help develop your child. RR has better trainers than SUSA.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for the replies. We looked into Susa. My son is 2008 and still wants to play with his friends on his town team. SUSA said it wouldnít be possible to do both. The rough riders will let him continue to play for his town team.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

do you know How many tournaments and league does rough rider pre academy program have though the year?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Rough Riders

Hi, my son did it 2 years ago and it was convenient on a Sunday afternoon so I could take him, but clearly not a priority for the kids/parents. We had many weeks when a lot of kids didn't show up. I liked the trainer, but it wasn't the best. We didn't play any tournaments until the spring and then I think we played 3 or so, They try to get in at least 2 tournaments per kid. Don't expect to win a game though as they don't really practice as a team would so each of the kids get better individually but not as a team. I think it was worthwhile though - as my son got more touches on the ball and I used the time to talk to other parents ... networking and finding out what they were doing ... I suggest talking to the other parents as it is quite hard to navigate Long Island Soccer and what is the best fit for your child.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, my son did it 2 years ago and it was convenient on a Sunday afternoon so I could take him, but clearly not a priority for the kids/parents. We had many weeks when a lot of kids didn't show up. I liked the trainer, but it wasn't the best. We didn't play any tournaments until the spring and then I think we played 3 or so, They try to get in at least 2 tournaments per kid. Don't expect to win a game though as they don't really practice as a team would so each of the kids get better individually but not as a team. I think it was worthwhile though - as my son got more touches on the ball and I used the time to talk to other parents ... networking and finding out what they were doing ... I suggest talking to the other parents as it is quite hard to navigate Long Island Soccer and what is the best fit for your child.
HI thank you for the info!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI thank you for the info!
I would recommend clinics. Stay away from full select program. You can do clinics which are seasonal. If you like it, then you can have another go at it.

Bigger clubs like EMSC, Albertson or Susa will also have clinics throughout the year. Whatís good about it is you can see if your kid may be a good fit for that program down the road. Itís all about the training and what you kid wants out of the sport.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would recommend clinics. Stay away from full select program. You can do clinics which are seasonal. If you like it, then you can have another go at it.

Bigger clubs like EMSC, Albertson or Susa will also have clinics throughout the year. Whatís good about it is you can see if your kid may be a good fit for that program down the road. Itís all about the training and what you kid wants out of the sport.


The Rough Riders are great. They are the nicest guys around, and very good trainers. The management is always willing to accommodate and help with whatever you need.

My son had a very good time and made lots of friends. They learned good soccer. Precursor to NYCFC DA is a plus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.