Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nothing really changes much with these clubs. Whatever was the problem before will just repeat. Any family can't learn to manage their expectations is doomed to go round and round and round and round.
    Meanwhile the team is disrupted......at least chances are that they won't last an entire season so you know they'll be gone eventually. Or one can hope. You've run through all the Nassau clubs. Why not try a Suffolk club instead of returning to one you've already abandoned? A new club entirely might be more apt to your demands.

Comment

What age group? By the teen years folks know the landscape. Club may find it harder to engage in nonsense seen at younger ages with more seasoned players.

Comment

What age group? By the teen years folks know the landscape. Club may find it harder to engage in nonsense seen at younger ages with more seasoned players.
        Hey what's happening to the track star. No Goals? That's what a speed bump will do.

Comment

Hey what's happening to the track star. No Goals? That's what a speed bump will do.
          Best friends until the end or until you get more attention than me.
          Friendship over. G-night

Comment

Better start earning that handout.

Comment

Track star really is a track star tho...I haven't seen her play soccer since the induction of GDA (my kid plays ECNL) but even when they were younger that kid was a rocket. If my kid had that talent and ability, I'd gently persuade (hard shove) her towards track full-time. Less drama, way more straight forward.

Comment

Track star really is a track star tho...I haven't seen her play soccer since the induction of GDA (my kid plays ECNL) but even when they were younger that kid was a rocket. If my kid had that talent and ability, I'd gently persuade (hard shove) her towards track full-time. Less drama, way more straight forward.
                Hey run back you forgot something. The ⚽️

Comment

Yeah, maybe stick to track at this point. Soccer seems like a dead-end if you have to switch clubs so many times.

Comment

Meanwhile the team is disrupted......at least chances are that they won't last an entire season so you know they'll be gone eventually. Or one can hope. You've run through all the Nassau clubs. Why not try a Suffolk club instead of returning to one you've already abandoned? A new club entirely might be more apt to your demands.
                    So my D is on the team she's joining, I've heard she's trouble...what's the story? Is it just jealously or is she the diva she's being made out to be?

Comment

So my D is on the team she's joining, I've heard she's trouble...what's the story? Is it just jealously or is she the diva she's being made out to be?
                      Sure we believe your story. If your D really is going to be on the team, why don't you wait and see rather than believe what you read on anonymous chat board? The kid could fit the stories (multiple clubs isn't a good sign), but we know plenty of so called adults rip kids on this site because they can.

Comment

Here's the story-parents are INSANE, kid is wolf in sheep's clothing. Decent player, but nothing without the push of parents and tons of $$$ dumped to get her accolades. Built her resume and playing reputation by playing down a year and standing out against a bunch of inexperienced 2005 players. Age change came and she had to play with kids her own age and she didn't stand out anymore, but the demands from the parents were the same. Club couldn't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and wanted her to actually earn her PT and accolades, so they up and left mid-season to another club where she would get her arse kissed. Plays half a season there and is the first to sign up for their GDA team. Cool. Plays half a season on their GDA team and isn't the star, not a bad player but not a standout either. Club pushes to get her acknowledged on all the BS soccer sites, much to the dismay of the other kids on the team who are really busting their butts. Halfway into the season, Club couldn't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and wanted her to actually earn her PT and accolades, so they up and left at the end of the season to another club where she would get her arse kissed...slamming club and players to anyone that would listen, on their way out.
                        Plays a year at LISC, gets all sorts of praise and acknowledgement, gets to claim she is reason for another teammates success and helps the team to a mediocre (as opposed to dreadful) finish. Looks like she finally found a home! Just kidding. Year 2 at LISC brings a bunch of former teammates who are just as good, if not better and little Princess is no longer the star. A few months in, Club couldn't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and wanted her to actually earn her PT and accolades, so they up and left mid-season to another club where they believe she will get her arse kissed...the 4th in 4 years.

Not sure if your kid is with EM or Susa, heard they put calls out to both clubs and I don't know which one made grander promises, but you can bet whichever one did-is where she will end up for the Spring. Come Fall, once chosen club can't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and want her to actually earn her PT and accolades, they will up and leave and head over to the other one-LOL.
                        Good luck to whoever ended up with this toxic disaster of a family! You are actually smart to be concerned, their toxicity will divide the team quicker than you could ever imagine. And teach your kid the concept of "arm's length", the apple didn't fall far from the tree here.

Comment

Here's the story-parents are INSANE, kid is wolf in sheep's clothing. Decent player, but nothing without the push of parents and tons of $$$ dumped to get her accolades. Built her resume and playing reputation by playing down a year and standing out against a bunch of inexperienced 2005 players. Age change came and she had to play with kids her own age and she didn't stand out anymore, but the demands from the parents were the same. Club couldn't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and wanted her to actually earn her PT and accolades, so they up and left mid-season to another club where she would get her arse kissed. Plays half a season there and is the first to sign up for their GDA team. Cool. Plays half a season on their GDA team and isn't the star, not a bad player but not a standout either. Club pushes to get her acknowledged on all the BS soccer sites, much to the dismay of the other kids on the team who are really busting their butts. Halfway into the season, Club couldn't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and wanted her to actually earn her PT and accolades, so they up and left at the end of the season to another club where she would get her arse kissed...slamming club and players to anyone that would listen, on their way out.
                          Plays a year at LISC, gets all sorts of praise and acknowledgement, gets to claim she is reason for another teammates success and helps the team to a mediocre (as opposed to dreadful) finish. Looks like she finally found a home! Just kidding. Year 2 at LISC brings a bunch of former teammates who are just as good, if not better and little Princess is no longer the star. A few months in, Club couldn't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and wanted her to actually earn her PT and accolades, so they up and left mid-season to another club where they believe she will get her arse kissed...the 4th in 4 years.

Not sure if your kid is with EM or Susa, heard they put calls out to both clubs and I don't know which one made grander promises, but you can bet whichever one did-is where she will end up for the Spring. Come Fall, once chosen club can't justify putting her on a pedestal anymore and want her to actually earn her PT and accolades, they will up and leave and head over to the other one-LOL.
                          Good luck to whoever ended up with this toxic disaster of a family! You are actually smart to be concerned, their toxicity will divide the team quicker than you could ever imagine. And teach your kid the concept of "arm's length", the apple didn't fall far from the tree here.
                          "brings a bunch of former teammates who are just as good, if not better."
                          Who are you kidding? Funniest thing I heard all day.

Comment

"brings a bunch of former teammates who are just as good, if not better."
                            Who are you kidding? Funniest thing I heard all day.
                            Um yes, that's why they left! Little diva can't stand ANY competition, it was fine when they could claim that teammate was scoring so much ALL because of the little Princess-but get anyone else in there that is capable of playing just as well and in cases BETTER and Whoop! we're outta here! Their history speaks for itself...

Comment

Um yes, that's why they left! Little diva can't stand ANY competition, it was fine when they could claim that teammate was scoring so much ALL because of the little Princess-but get anyone else in there that is capable of playing just as well and in cases BETTER and Whoop! we're outta here! Their history speaks for itself...
                              And what's happening now? Maybe some goals against bottom of the barrel competition?
                              Lets just reserve the comments until after a few more losses by that elite group you have acquired. GB is just full of S***

Comment

And what's happening now? Maybe some goals against bottom of the barrel competition?
                                Lets just reserve the comments until after a few more losses by that elite group you have acquired. GB is just full of S***
                                Really? Funny how as soon as the little Princess came out of the game against the top team in NE GDA, LISC was able to score 2 goals and tie up the game! The team is doing just fine without her, in fact they're actually scoring more-feel free to look up the stats yourself SAYONARA!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X